Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The wizard of oz fanatics thread

So you all know of that amazing movie from your childhoods

check these blu ray hd highlights, looks like it was filmed yesturday!!

watch the 720p version of this! it looks like a brand new movie

would you believe that this came out in 1939!!

Anyway found some very rare footage from the mid 70s of margret hamilton who played the witch, in it she has an interview with mr rogers and at the end puts on the witch costume and does the cackle

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1WGKGZZ4U0

ENJOY!

Edited by eley

My favorite movie as a child. And still is, I think. The clip looks great. The reason the colors are so vibrant is that the movie was filmed in Technicolor. This added a magical quality to the movie that would be lost if filmed in today's color film or digital video.

The Wizard of Oz was definitly ahead of it's time... probably why it was a financial dud during it's initial run...

And none of the adaptaions... re-makes and 'sequels' made have even come close to the magic of this film...

Until the recent "Oz the Great and Powerful"... which I really like also...

Really? despite being fairly young myself.. i much prefer the older movies..

i hate modern movies with the over the top effects/ explosions/ the stupid love angles/ and the loud music and `lets change the camera angle` every two seconds mentality

its not to say id prefer some 1902 silent movie in b and w

but for example i prefer planet of the apes 1963 to any of the originals today

i love classic but colour movies like oliver twist, etc -- you know when things were simple without over the top storylines.. and the obsessive need for a love angle in every single movie and cars/ houses blowing up

The Wizard of Oz was definitly ahead of it's time... probably why it was a financial dud during it's initial run...

And none of the adaptaions... re-makes and 'sequels' made have even come close to the magic of this film...

That's surprising to hear. I tried to enjoy that movie, but just didn't. But it was better than The Wiz.

That's surprising to hear. I tried to enjoy that movie, but just didn't. But it was better than The Wiz.

Watching the old test patterns on TV after stations signed off was better than "The Wiz"...

• Like 1

And let's not forget "The Dark Side of the Rainbow - COMPLETO", which is one verson of the thing that can be viewed on Youtube.