Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anthrax: Unexamined; unexplained

DeWitz

Inspired by another thread--Some are raising the question of what "made" Congress pass the Patriot Act. Some responses referred to "planes hitting buildings" as changing the way congresspeople would behave and vote. I say the unexamined and unexplained, almost simultaneous 'hits' of the anthrax scare were just as influential. But who did it? Was the errant FBI agent or NSA scientist culpable, or were they only 'patsies?' Come in and comment on how opaque the history and understanding of 9/11 really is. . . We truly "know" nothing. We live in a perpetual 9/12.

• Like 4

Inspired by another thread--Some are raising the question of what "made" Congress pass the Patriot Act. Some responses referred to "planes hitting buildings" as changing the way congresspeople would behave and vote. I say the unexamined and unexplained, almost simultaneous 'hits' of the anthrax scare were just as influential. But who did it? Was the errant FBI agent or NSA scientist culpable, or were they only 'patsies?' Come in and comment on how opaque the history and understanding of 9/11 really is. . . We truly "know" nothing. We live in a perpetual 9/12.

I'm gonna look into this and see what I can find...

Interesting! :tu:

I remember it well. I was terrified of my mailbox for weeks. The news blurbs were very scary.. suggesting that we were under a biological attack by "terrorists'.

The "threat" seemed to be centered on CONGRESS ... of course. They were terrified as well. Or terrorized .. along with the rest of us.

* and not too long afterward.. suddenly there was the Bird Flu menace which, unsurprisingly to me by then, was also being linked to terrorism/al qaeiouda

There were several 'outbreaks ' reported from the most obscure places and sources .. just to give it all an air of legitimacy .

So.. wha happen? Oya, all this extra Security has totally prevented this sleeping cell giant worldwide organized menace from so much as blowing up a dog house in the U.S. ever since? How dumb do we look?

Edited by lightly
  • Like 3

I remember it well. I was terrified of my mailbox for weeks. The news blurbs were very scary.. suggesting that we were under a biological attack by "terrorists'.

The "threat" seemed to be centered on CONGRESS ... of course. They were terrified as well. Or terrorized .. along with the rest of us.

The result was gridlock, and the barn door was opened for Bush to unleash his flaccid forces which destroyed Iraq, to no avail, and gave us a Viet Nam-like quagmire in Afghanistan which Obama then inherited.

The 2001 anthrax attacks in the United States, also known as Amerithrax from its Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) case name, occurred over the course of several weeks beginning on Tuesday, September 18, 2001, one week after the September 11 attacks. Letters containing anthrax spores were mailed to several news media offices and two Democratic U.S. Senators, killing five people and infecting 17 others. According to the FBI, the ensuing investigation became "one of the largest and most complex in the history of law enforcement".[1]

A major focus in the early years of the investigation was a bio-weapons expert named Steven Hatfill, who was eventually exonerated. Another suspect, Bruce Edwards Ivins, became a focus of investigation around April 4, 2005. Ivins was a scientist who worked at the government's biodefense labs at Fort Detrick in Frederick, Maryland. On April 11, 2007, Ivins was put under periodic surveillance and an FBI document stated that "Bruce Edwards Ivins is an extremely sensitive suspect in the 2001 anthrax attacks."[2] On July 27, 2008, Ivins took an intentional overdose of acetaminophen and died two days later in a hospital.[3]

On August 6, 2008, despite having no direct evidence of his involvement,[4][5] federal prosecutors declared Ivins to be the sole culprit of the crime.[6] Two days later, Senator Charles Grassley and Rep. Rush Holt called for hearings into the DOJ and FBI's handling of the investigation.[7][8] On February 19, 2010, the FBI formally closed its investigation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_anthrax_attacks

* and not too long afterward.. suddenly there was the Bird Flu menace which, unsurprisingly to me by then, was also being linked to terrorism/al qaeiouda

There were several 'outbreaks ' reported from the most obscure places and sources .. just to give it all an air of legitimacy .

So.. wha happen? Oya, all this extra Security has totally prevented this sleeping cell giant worldwide organized menace from so much as blowing up a dog house in the U.S. ever since? How dumb do we look?

We look as dumb as we act. Dumb is as dumb does, to borrow from Tom Hanks.

I have read that all the basic parts of the act were proposed by the neocons and Bush as early as April 2001, including the 'roving wiretaps' part, but congress rejected it at that time as being 'unconstitutional'. Leahy and a few others stood tall.

But the events of 11 September, followed shortly thereafter by the anthrax attacks, and voila, it passes without debate and in the middle of the night, with only 1 senator voting against it, and just a very few representatives.

• Like 2

I'm not sure what this represents. The search results indicate 60 items, but they appear to be identical.

Iv just had another look and i can see that they are diffrent it is alot of reading though just though it might help.

Iv just had another look and i can see that they are diffrent it is alot of reading though just though it might help.

Thanks!

I have read that all the basic parts of the act were proposed by the neocons and Bush as early as April 2001, including the 'roving wiretaps' part, but congress rejected it at that time as being 'unconstitutional'. Leahy and a few others stood tall.

But the events of 11 September, followed shortly thereafter by the anthrax attacks, and voila, it passes without debate and in the middle of the night, with only 1 senator voting against it, and just a very few representatives.

The old game, as soon as they are scared out of their wits they will follow chicken little...

• Like 1

Sadly, the Chicken Little complex is what drives much of this country today. Seeing a terrorist behind every tree, but unable to see the terrorists wearing business suits in congress, too many americans are happy to give away their liberty. We have the government we deserve.

• Like 1

Sadly, the Chicken Little complex is what drives much of this country today. Seeing a terrorist behind every tree, but unable to see the terrorists wearing business suits in congress, too many americans are happy to give away their liberty. We have the government we deserve.

Every elected government is what the people it represents deserve. But, sadly, switching on the brain seems to hurt.

yep. almost unbelievable.