Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Don't forget to enjoy your Freedom!

tapirmusic

Looks like a sign we saw when touring the Great Australian Bite - "no fun" was the gist and the kicker was "this is legally private property - you are my guests. Break teh rules and you leave. The police have helped people leave in the past".

Charming isn't it?

• Like 1

8. Keep off the grass

• Like 1

Yes this is why I go camping. Grills, lots of beer, no cops

no rules.. just you and the great outdoors!

However if I get eaten by a wolf.. well the rangers won't find me in time.

But freedom is a great thing :) I will enjoy it thanks!

if you want to talk about Freedom go to Slab city.

It's bascially a lot of bums and hipped.. paying no rent..

no cops.. .tons of booze and weed.. and people play music and create art!

the funny thing is there is no violence there..and all people get along and have fun..

with no law, gov, or cops. Funny how that works out!

Now that is a free town.. Slab City is awesome.

• Like 1

Yeah forget all the other rules.. just them saying no booze.. is pretty much a deal breaker for me.

I'd rather go out in the wildernesss..

and get drunk and light a camp fire.. thank you.

• Like 1

8. Keep off the grass

Actually i`ve seen a keep off the grass sign at public parks here in the UK

happy statist 4th of july America

..here in Canada today we celebrated our Independence (statist) day 1st of july

..the highest form of Collectivism is Patriotism...

• Like 1

OMG! Freedom!..

Am surprised there's no thought police out there.. No wait... That's already happening on the Net, Media, Everywhere..

:ph34r: We're being monitored..

The wilderness sounds appealing.

• Like 3

That's what happens when you go to a place sanctioned by the government as a place to enjoy the festivities. I can see where they are coming from, some of it's overkill some of it's safety. Want to party hard, get drunk, let off your own fire works around propane tanks, you find your own venue and not a public park. They probably want it to be a family thing /shrugs.

Shouldn't party hard in a public environment like that anyway. This aint' the 70's. Partying hard in public is a sure way to get yourself in jail.

Edited by krypter3
  • Like 1

That's what happens when you go to a place sanctioned by the government as a place to enjoy the festivities. I can see where they are coming from, some of it's overkill some of it's safety. Want to party hard, get drunk, let off your own fire works around propane tanks, you find your own venue and not a public park. They probably want it to be a family thing /shrugs.

Shouldn't party hard in a public environment like that anyway. This aint' the 70's. Partying hard in public is a sure way to get yourself in jail.

yes, commonsense safety rules is one thing, but ... "Police will be conducting searches of bags and coolers for reasons of Public safety"; "Note: the Entire park is under Video Surveillance"; that sounds, well, :unsure2: , doesn't it? "Public Safety" is always a phrase that has a sinister ring, isn't it. I expect they'll say that "well, after the Boston marathon bombing, we can't be too careful"; I can see how conspiracy theories develop, since all these things give the Authorities just the excuse they want to intrude as much as they like in what everyone does.

• Like 1

One of the few things I like about California is how little enforcement there is on the beach regarding fireworks. As long as you don't make yourself obvious, it's a given that a lot of people brought their own illegal fireworks to shoot over the water.

Actually i`ve seen a keep off the grass sign at public parks here in the UK

thats because people have no respect for the grass

• Like 1

The wilderness sounds appealing.

That's where I'm going, starting tomorrow!

• Like 1

That sign most likely is in a park where the patrons in the past did not know how to act properly.

The rules seem reactionary and not a true example of government overreach. Most likely decent citizens who visit that park are grateful for the rules.

They probably also lack enough park police to maintain order. In our city we have several parks lift curfew, allow people to set up tents, and even camp out overnight to reserve spots for Easter.

This thread could be dismissed as sensationalism and a magnet for malcontents. One thing I noticed was the "no propane grills" rule. No biggie, barbecue tastes better when cooked over charcoal fires anyways. Well mesquite is best to be honest!!!

Independence Day is coming soon!

Don't forget to enjoy your Freedom!!!!!

h23E68A23.jpg

LOL...that's funny....

My husband has to work on the Fourth. <_<

Guess it's just going to be me and the boy, Barbecuing at home.....

LOL...that's funny....

My husband has to work on the Fourth. <_<

Guess it's just going to be me and the boy, Barbecuing at home.....

Why not do all that great long list of Thou Shalt Nots, just to go :tsu: to the Authorities. Have a Propane grill, put up a Tent, drink as much as you like, let off Firewurkz, have all the Dogs and pets round, skateboard & play basketball after 7 pm!, and do not search any bags or coolers at all. :clap: