Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How not to be a paranormal investigator

Saru

I'm a fan of James Randi, although he turned down my offer to forecast the date of his own death as a remedy for the million dollar prize he has offered, which I thought was a bit unfair.

Some of his fans seemed a bit unnerved by the idea of that, but it was in no way meant to be threatening. In fact, I was willing to stipulate that it would have to be confirmed as purely accidental or natural, without any external interference. He turned that idea down, as well.

In addition, I even offered to put the forecast under seal until he died with a party of his choosing. He turned that down.

So I take James Randi's million dollar prize offer, for evidence of the supernatural with a grain of salt.

I'm a fan of James Randi, although he turned down my offer to forecast the date of his own death as a remedy for the million dollar prize he has offered, which I thought was a bit unfair.

Some of his fans seemed a bit unnerved by the idea of that, but it was in no way meant to be threatening. In fact, I was willing to stipulate that it would have to be confirmed as purely accidental or natural, without any external interference. He turned that idea down, as well.

In addition, I even offered to put the forecast under seal until he died with a party of his choosing. He turned that down.

So I take James Randi's million dollar prize offer, for evidence of the supernatural with a grain of salt.

Damn, I thought I would not post for a long time, but this one, I had to.

On the site, ( miilion dollar challenge ) there is a list of all people that applied.

I want you to post yours, everything, with links. I want to see your filled out application, and the process.

I want to see confirmation.

If not I say ( as I know all ready ) you are 100% full of crap.

Edited by Sakari

That's the dumbest bout of pseudo logic I have ever heard.

And I read the posts here everyday.

Damn, I thought I would not post for a long time, but this one, I had to.

On the site, ( miilion dollar challenge ) there is a list of all people that applied.

I want you to post yours, everything, with links. I want to see your filled out application, and the process.

I want to see confirmation.

If not I say ( as I know all ready ) you are 100% full of crap.

I never said I filled out an application. I simply started a thread on his website forum and inquired if this would be acceptable. The idea was soundly rejected by the management, which I find hilarious. I'm sure you can find the thread.

He was afraid to take me up on it, and while I understand generally why, it still doesn't change the obvious clarity it brings to the table about his bravery when it comes to the paranormal, or arguably "normal" in my case.

Edited by Raptor Witness

Putting the prediction under seal would achieve nothing since you would nevertheless know and be a be able to tell others, and the guarantee that it has to be natural or accidental would not prevent a murder, just force the murder to have to look accidental. No, it seems to me for his own safety that such an arrangement would of course be unacceptable.

Putting the prediction under seal would achieve nothing since you would nevertheless know and be a be able to tell others, and the guarantee that it has to be natural or accidental would not prevent a murder, just force the murder to have to look accidental. No, it seems to me for his own safety that such an arrangement would of course be unacceptable.

I disagree, as I would be willing to sign away the proceeds 100% to any charity of my choice, in advance ...

End of that argument. The money isn't the point, at all. The point is, he's afraid to do it, which underlines his fear of the paranormal, generally.

There are many ways to nullify any perceived motive to harm, for example a purely anonymous winner, until say 25 years had passed, all sorts of things. Anonymous winner agreement until the winner died also. I can think of a multitude of ways to eliminate any perceived motive.

His organization would simply have to admit that someone had done it. I might even be willing to agree with him on a charity, if that would help.

I think he might be willing to do it, if he met me. However, to be equally fair, if I turned out to be wrong ...I also would be able to remain equally anonymous.

Edited by Raptor Witness

I never said I filled out an application. I simply started a thread on his website forum and inquired if this would be acceptable. The idea was soundly rejected by the management, which I find hilarious. I'm sure you can find the thread.

He was afraid to take me up on it, and while I understand generally why, it still doesn't change the obvious clarity it brings to the table about his bravery when it comes to the paranormal, or arguably "normal" in my case.

I disagree, as I would be willing to sign away the proceeds 100% to any charity of my choice, in advance ...

End of that argument. The money isn't the point, at all. The point is, he's afraid to do it, which underlines his fear of the paranormal, generally.

There are many ways to nullify any perceived motive to harm, for example a purely anonymous winner, until say 25 years had passed, all sorts of things. Anonymous winner agreement until the winner died also. I can think of a multitude of ways to eliminate any perceived motive.

His organization would simply have to admit that someone had done it. I might even be willing to agree with him on a charity, if that would help.

I think he might be willing to do it, if he met me. However, to be equally fair, if I turned out to be wrong ...I also would be able to remain equally anonymous.

You did not apply for it?

And you are trying to make a name for yourself by saying he refused?

As I said, you are full of crap.

The forums are not where you apply, and not where " management " decides.

Keep lying, and I will keep replying that you are.

Links please.

By the way, what year was this?

Edited by Sakari

Why don't you just predict something else? Are your powers only limited to the date that a single man dies?

Edited by Mike G

Why don't you just predict something else? Are your powers only limited to the date that a single man dies?

The purpose of that proposal goes far beyond anything to do with me ... It's about how such information could be obtained, and why it would be given.

As far as the official application process, if the idea is knocked down on the forum created for a discussion of the prize, then what's the point of wasting my time with fearful men?

The purpose of that proposal goes far beyond anything to do with me ... It's about how such information could be obtained, and why it would be given.

As far as the official application process, if the idea is knocked down on the forum created for a discussion of the prize, then what's the point of wasting my time with fearful men?

Because that is how you " apply " for the offer.....Hence " application ".

If you did not go that route, do not try to state Randi will not accept your challenge, that is lying.

A mod, or a member, on the PUBLIC forum said something negative about it and you claim that as " not accepting "........That is B.S.

I would like to see the link...Either way.

If James Randi accidentally fell from the observation deck of the Empire State building, I would like to have a tape recording of what he says as he spirals down. Who would he call on for help? Himself? Nobody? God?

Only when all hope in human power is extinguished, is the underlying truth of our belief in a Higher supernatural power, revealed.

So it will be with all of humanity, and soon. The entire human population of earth is about to fall off the observation deck of the Empire State Building. Who we look to for help, will decide our Individual futures, but not the future of our civilization. The civilization will be laid bare.

Thus, my challenge to James Randi was just a small example of what is written in my signature. It is a hidden truth that the power and peril revealed to all men will be directly proportional to their own denial of the power at hand, when faced with certain death.

If James Randi accidentally fell from the observation deck of the Empire State building, I would like to have a tape recording of what he says as he spirals down. Who would he call on for help? Himself? Nobody? God?

Only when all hope in human power is extinguished, is the underlying truth of our belief in a Higher supernatural power, revealed.

So it will be with all of humanity, and soon. The entire human population of earth is about to fall off the observation deck of the Empire State Building. Who we look to for help, will decide our Individual futures, but not the future of our civilization. The civilization will be laid bare.

Thus, my challenge to James Randi was just a small example of what is written in my signature. It is a hidden truth that the power and peril revealed to all men will be directly proportional to their own denial of the power at hand, when faced with certain death.

So, I guess this means you have no link.....No evidence to support your tall tale.

As i said, you are a liar.

So, I guess this means you have no link.....No evidence to support your tall tale.

As i said, you are a liar.

Personal attacks won't change the argument, because it's no longer about James Randi or his prize. It's about a world in denial of the spell of humanism, which teaches that the only thing normal are the endeavors of men.

As for me, why concern yourself with my tiny voice? Who calls a mosquito a liar, but a man who is really afraid of something else?

My application has already been written on the sky for all to see, and where truth is the prize.

Personal attacks won't change the argument, because it's no longer about James Randi or his prize. It's about a world in denial of the spell of humanism, which teaches that the only thing normal are the endeavors of men.

As for me, why concern yourself with my tiny voice? Who calls a mosquito a liar, but a man who is really afraid of something else?

My application has already been written on the sky for all to see, and where truth is the prize.

It is not a personal attack. It is how I feel about you saying that Randi is afraid to accept your challenge. You made the claim, I expressed how I feel about your claim.

It is nothing personal. I am " attacking " your reply and claim, not you.

Until I see a link that you were denied a chance at that, from Randi and his team, then I say that claim is a lie.

It is not a personal attack. It is how I feel about you saying that Randi is afraid to accept your challenge. You made the claim, I expressed how I feel about your claim.

It is nothing personal. I am " attacking " your reply and claim, not you.

Until I see a link that you were denied a chance at that, from Randi and his team, then I say that claim is a lie.

Anyone with the time to make over 10,000 posts here in the past four years, has plenty of time to reference what I've reported, without my help. Do you always jump to the conclusion that someone is a liar, simply because you're too lazy to reference it yourself?

Rather than argue the facts or the merit of the credibility of James Randi as an investigator, whose only probative tool is simply a lot of cash and some headlines, you want to argue why you're too lazy to go get the reference.

It's been my experience that the biggest liars are usually those who are too lazy to find out for themselves what the truth is.

Edited by Raptor Witness