Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2000002013AD - the year the world will end?

Still Waters

Scientists have set a new date for the end of the world - but it is not for another two billion years.

All animals and plants will vanish from the Earth, which will be inherited by tiny microbes before life disappears completely, a new study suggests.

Ironically, Armageddon is going to arrive as a result of too little, rather than too much, carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.

http://www.telegraph...d-will-end.html

hmmm... too little carbon instead of too much? That would mean that most animals would have vanished at the time. Why do I suspect that somebody is trying to pull a Monckton on us here?

Well, if we don't have time machines by then, then we deserve to die.

• Like 2

Hmmmm, better stock up on twinkies.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

in that year probably the sun would have been out of gas, total darkness = armageddon

In 2 billion years we might not even exist anymore.....or we'd have evolved into amoeba or jelly like beings from our lack of exercise!! lol

On a serious note: I remember reading that the sun will implode in a couple of billion years anyway, just like all stars do.

• Like 1

LOL, an American friend just explained this.

Twinkies last foreever, right?

LOL, an American friend just explained this.

Twinkies last foreever, right?

That's the rumour. They have NO natural ingredients.

They'll probably still be around long after the earth is gone. :lol:

Edited by WoIverine

I think that, given such an enormous amount of time, that most if not all humans will be far away from this "rock" before the Sun decides to do a "death throw"

With such a large time, really, a VERY large time, I can only assume that we will be FAR out of the solar system.

I think that, given such an enormous amount of time, that most if not all humans will be far away from this "rock" before the Sun decides to do a "death throw"

With such a large time, really, a VERY large time, I can only assume that we will be FAR out of the solar system.

Yeah those that can afford it lol

oh no! and with me so young!

(hg wells still gets the prize for one of the most haunting descriptions of the future end of the world that i've read.)