Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Ramey Memo

RocketSwitch625UK

Is this the smoking gun of the Roswell Incident?

The Ramey Memo - Best Roswell Evidence ever found:

[media=]

[/media]

Roswell Proof - What really happened:

http://www.roswellproof.com/

Discuss.

Edited by RocketSwitch625UK
  • Like 3

It's very interesting but I got to the point where I do not know what to believe about the Roswell incident. If a little grey man would come to my door and tell me what really happened I don't think I would believe him either. Interesting post though.

• Like 1

Thats because the Air Force/military kept changing their stories about what "it" was so many times.

• Like 1

The problem is that it's an interpretation of what the memo might have said. Those who believe the Roswell crash was an ET space craft will embrace the interpretation, those who don't believe it will reject the interpretation.

• Like 2

Would a Brigadier General be so careless as to allow a top secret memo to be photographed?

And why is it that so much of this paranormal stuff comes down to me looking at a bunch of blurry crap and some "expert" trying to tell me what I should be seeing?

Not to mention, the facts of the "Roswell Incident" are really quite different than what most folks really believe. For example, do most of you realize that Roswell was a non-event to even UFO types until the National Enquirer republished the infamous uncorrected Roswell Daily Record article in 1978?

For anyone interested, here's an good read (or listen if you like podcasts):

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4079

As is typical in the para world, much of the story that is commonly accepted is nothing more than post-hoc storytelling from questionable sources.

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 2

One of the things that always make me think...is the alleged memory metal, the witnesses/investigators say they couldn't cut it, or dent it etc, and if screwed up it returned to its original shape...

oh yeah? Then why was it found in pieces then? Surely it cant be broken as the alleged witnesses claim? But if they found a piece, then it was broken!

• Like 3

If it was about a weather balloon, why would the Air Force have cared if they could read it in 1984? To me it adds

creedence to all the Roswell witnesses who claim they saw wierd happenings, and not a weather balloon.

If it was about a weather balloon, why would the Air Force have cared if they could read it in 1984? To me it adds

creedence to all the Roswell witnesses who claim they saw wierd happenings, and not a weather balloon.

and 'who' are all the witnesses? And how many are there? It crashed in the middle of nowhere didnt it?

• Like 1

One of the things that always make me think...is the alleged memory metal, the witnesses/investigators say they couldn't cut it, or dent it etc, and if screwed up it returned to its original shape...

oh yeah? Then why was it found in pieces then? Surely it cant be broken as the alleged witnesses claim? But if they found a piece, then it was broken!

That Roswell incident has in my mind been peeled apart so many times over that it isn't even funny.

• The Air Force has always kept their story straight (weather balloon), maybe except for that first snafu with with the flying saucer
  • The witnesses that have been consistent over time reported seeing balloon material
  • The witnesses which reported something outer worldly really only did so after Mr. Friedman had sunk his claws into them some 30 years later
  • The military would have instigated major quarantine operations should it really be ET and not just go pick it up and cart it off.

That was from memory, but UM members Psyche101 and Lost_Shaman are virtual treasure troves of information on this case.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 3

And what exactly do you believe said witnesses saw?

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

One of the unanswerable questions, for sure.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

Duh, because it was all crashy and stuff.

Would a Brigadier General be so careless as to allow a top secret memo to be photographed?

In the 40s? Maybe he'd not have thought the photo would have been so clear - and he'd CERTAINLY never have thought that 70 years later people would be able to use computing machines to enhance and the like the photo.

• Like 1

What year did the cold war end?

• Like 1

So which witnesses in that list do you feel have been seeing something weird, as the original witness testimonies are pretty mundane (tin foil, sticks and tape)? Again, it was only when Mr. Friedman started digging into the story and abusing it went awry.

Cheers,

Badeskov

THe ones seeing things differently are the ones selling the Books ! THeres a basic problem with all the stories !

THe memory metal,and the Supper-uber advanced race of Little E.T`s in the Memory metal that Crashed to the Ground !

Maybe we should really be asking David Bowie ? Afterall He Fell to Earth and THen Left again,"PUTS TIN FOIL HAT BACK ON " :alien::no:

before this thread gets dragged all over the place, what do people actually make of the photo enhancement and analysis?

whether we think there shold be more witnesses or the 'metal' should not have been in pieces etc is irrelevant for this thread IMO. The Roswell case if too big and hence it is wise to focus on the bit of paper rather than tackle the whole incident.

before this thread gets dragged all over the place, what do people actually make of the photo enhancement and analysis?

[...]

Vilnius in memo makes more sense than victims...

:innocent:

I find it quite compelling. I can't say there is enough clarity to convince me, but I think quite a few of the words are correct.

I find it interesting the Government looked into it as well, if they are 100% happy it is just a weather balloon they would know there is nothing of interest in the memo. Why examine the photo?

Vilnius in memo makes more sense than victims...

:innocent:

home, sweet home bmk :) (I guess its a type of confirmation bias

I find it quite compelling. I can't say there is enough clarity to convince me, but I think quite a few of the words are correct. :P )

I find it interesting the Government looked into it as well, if they are 100% happy it is just a weather balloon they would know there is nothing of interest in the memo. Why examine the photo?

I echo your sentiments here Skookum, and think you bring up a very valid/interesting point regarding the Government. :tu:

heres another take, Ive selected some paragraphs, but the full article really needs reading

"Attempts have been made over the years to enlarge that portion of the photograph. The text however remains at the extreme limit of resolution. A few words do seem to be visible, asserting the document’s relevance to the Roswell incident, but little else is clear".

If the Ramey document were not a classified message but a news wire, none of the above secrecy scenario would matter at all. Which option would Occam’s Razor cut off? In summary, it has been demonstrated that:

Line 3 of the Ramey document has a phrase "…AT FORT WORTH, TEX."

The words "..THE ‘DISC’.." with DISC in quotes appears on line 4.

The phrase "…WARREN HAUGHT, PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER AT ROSWELL, SAID." is the best reading of line 5 of the text because the word count, letter count, punctuation and meaningful context fit and make sense. It is very likely that this phrase refers to the text on line 4.

All can be shown to come from journalistic news accounts rather than from military/government documents. If you do not think this interpretation is fitting, I offer a challenge: have line 5 make grammatical sense with different letters, words and phrasing.

Much credit is due Mary Castner, Victor Golubic and Joel Carpenter for valuable computer assistance and comment.

Kindly rerad the full page for the whole story

http://kevinrandle.b...-greenwood.html

Edited by seeder

In the 40s? Maybe he'd not have thought the photo would have been so clear - and he'd CERTAINLY never have thought that 70 years later people would be able to use computing machines to enhance and the like the photo.

Yes, especially in the 40s.

• Like 1

Well, I would say there is quite a bit of difference between normal human strength, and the immense G forces directed upon a metal of any type during an actual crash.

If you really truly think that aliens can make it here from wherever, crossing staggering distances through space - which means they must at least fly at light-speed, AT LEAST....and remember going at light speed makes space debris/asteroids pretty hard to swerve around... in a highly advanced ship with advanced propulsion systems, whatever they may be.... only to make it here and crash....when there isnt exactly a lot to crash into in the sky....then I think that belief is totaly flawed and outrageous to be honest.

All they have to go on is a newspaper said they captured a downed saucer... so if the newspaper says it, we have to believe it eh?

Ever read Pravda? They have stories like that every week.

My word...on the one hand the CT's will say dont believe the media, but here they are with the shoe on the other foot claiming "it was in the news" so must be true