Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

6-Year-Old Dies After Accidental Shooting

Still Waters

A 6-year-old girl has died after an accidental shooting at a Hopkinsville home on Sunday.

The Kentucky New Era reported the young girl passed away late Sunday night at Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt in Nashville.

Police were called to the home on Linda Drive around 9:40 a.m. Police said the victim was accidentally shot in the face by her 4-year-old brother with a .38 caliber gun.

http://www.newschann...pkinsville-home

so grandpa is a moron. lets take all guns away now.

i wonder would you make a thread if a kid jumped into his granpas' car that was left running, and ran over 3 kids? pbly not

Edited by aztek

Truly sad...The poor childs life will never be the same again... A 4 year old has no sense, and was just playing.. The grandfather should not have left his gun around little kids... Sad sad story...

so grandpa is a moron. lets take all guns away now.

i wonder would you make a thread if a kid jumped into his granpas' car that was left running, and ran over 3 kids? pbly not

Nowhere does the article say anything about taking all the guns away.

Why are pro-gunners so against posting the negative side?

Fear.

• Like 1

in 2010 about 700 ppl died from accedental discharge. the same year more than 10000 died in dui crashes,

Edited by aztek

Nowhere does the article say anything about taking all the guns away.

Why are pro-gunners so against posting the negative side?

Fear.

Why are anti-gunners so against posting the positive side?

• Like 1

Hmm good point actually. You win this round. :P

aztek in all fairness the guy is right, you have dragged in an issue that the article does not mention.. When I read the article, the first thing came to my mind was - Poor kid and careless grampa...Not any anti or pro gun issues..Which is what your first post seems to be. I am not telling you what to post, I was just surprised that you would base your only thoughts on anti gunners..moth a little about the grandpa and go on about taking guns away!

The news article is only posted to share a tragic story..It has nothing to do with pro or anti gunners...

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 2

This happens way too much. Very sad story.

It actually doesn't. Child fatalities from firearms accidents barely make a blip on the radar compared to other things such as drownings, poisonings, and falls.

• Like 1

It actually doesn't. Child fatalities from firearms accidents barely make a blip on the radar compared to other things such as drownings, poisonings, and falls.

Even one child dying needlessly is too many. Just my opinion though.

• Like 1

The news article is only posted to share a tragic story..It has nothing to do with pro or anti gunners...

sure it does, you are smart woman, i'm surpriced you can't see it.

how many tragic diu\children fatalities have you seen posted here (like i said before they surpass all gun accidents more than 10 fold). i don't think i have seen one in a while if at all. all are tragic stories. and way more numerous. but no one cares, however if a gun shoots, it is all over internet, and forums, you justy can't deny the bias.

so what in your opinion would prevent this particular death from happening??? not that i don't agree on tragedy of child deaths.

letme guess tighter gun control?, togher background checks? magazine and ammunition restriction???

Edited by aztek

so what in your opinion would prevent this particular death from happening??? not that i don't agree on tragedy of child deaths.

I really don't have an answer. Awareness I suppose, which is why this type of story should be posted.

Parents need to be aware other people's houses are not always childproof. Medications, cleaners, tools and whatnot are easily accessible in our house and children are not allowed unless the parents keep them in sight at all times. If they can't do that we all have to go outside or they have to leave. No discussion.

sure it does, you are smart woman, i'm surpriced you can't see it.

All I could see was a tragic story.. All that entered my head was - Those poor kids.. What is life going to be like now for that poor 4 year old kid?

Can you imagine growing up knowing you accidentally shot your sibling to death? That would be traumatising..

Sorry aztek, but that was the only thing that entered my mind at the time when reading the article..

I know that each time a tragic story like that is posted, you will get the anti and pro gunners in...But I try sometimes to push my pro gun thoughts to one side when the story involves kids and tragic ...

Hope you don't think my post was getting at you, it wasn't meant to...

Still Waters ( Person who posted the story ) usually just posts news articles at random..She will post anything up to 10 articles or more a day.. She has no agenda..Well other than posting news..

• Like 1

I really don't have an answer. Awareness I suppose, which is why this type of story should be posted.

yep, too bad grandpas don't come here to increase their awareness.

do you think ppl are not aware of it already?? or don't know it is not good idea to drive drunk? or leave prescription pills open easy accesable to kids?? i can assure you they are. but they still do it. why??? how do we fix that??

why do ppl smoke under no smoking sign? why do they leave dog crap with signs "curb your dog" all over the places? ...why ppl turn right under "no turns" sign???

is not a gun, or car, or hammer problem, it is human problem, and we wont move an inch if we keep implementing mesures in a wrong place, which we do.

I understand that many states are cracking down on negligence by adults that causes the deaths of children with firearms - just as penalties are becoming MUCH more severe for DUI related fatalities - in both cases it is a change for the better imo.
  • Like 2

I understand that many states are cracking down on negligence by adults that causes the deaths of children with firearms - just as penalties are becoming MUCH more severe for DUI related fatalities - in both cases it is a change for the better imo.

i look at the numbers, and both dui and non dui fatalities are down year by year, that makes me think harsher panaltys are not the reason, safer cars are. you are a lot likely to die in a 1990 car than in 2010. t bone crashes used to be almost certain death, due to head injury, with developmemnt of side curtain airbags you are likely to survive, drunk or not.

This is a sad story....

Why don't these morons keep their guns locked up?! :no:

They make the rest of us responsible gun owners look bad...

• Like 3

i look at the numbers, and both dui and non dui fatalities are down year by year, that makes me think harsher panaltys are not the reason, safer cars are. you are a lot likely to die in a 1990 car than in 2010. t bone crashes used to be almost certain death, due to head injury, with developmemnt of side curtain airbags you are likely to survive, drunk or not.

I don't dispute the numbers but my point is that the negligence is becoming much less acceptable in today's world. In both instances the death and mayhem are preventable and occur due to carelessness that needs to be held accountable.
  • Like 1

Not surprising this happened in Kentucky.

The states with the most gun fanatics will have the most "accidents".

It is their choice, that is why they have the most murders too. Maybe they will learn that gun reform is in their and their children's favor.

Edited by The world needs you