Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mother covered 80% of her body with tattoos

Still Waters

Most women change their hairstyle following an emotional break-up, but one woman went about changing her appearance in a much more dramatic way.

When feisty Amanda Brignall hit a mid-life-crisis she decided to cover her body in tattoos - but now she can’t get a man because her appearance scares them off.

The mother-of-two’s ink obsession started at 37 after she separated from her husband and her children flew the nest.

http://www.dailymail...scares-off.html

Most women change their hairstyle following an emotional break-up, but one woman went about changing her appearance in a much more dramatic way.

When feisty Amanda Brignall hit a mid-life-crisis she decided to cover her body in tattoos - but now she can’t get a man because her appearance scares them off.

The mother-of-two’s ink obsession started at 37 after she separated from her husband and her children flew the nest.

http://www.dailymail...scares-off.html

I'n not going to lie SW, when I read the title, I first thought you were talking about your mom :P

Edited by Jessem
  • Like 1

I don't think it the tattoos that's scaring the men... Most women I know have tattoos, a couple of them have just as many. She has a kind of creepy look in her eyes... that makes me think RUNNNNNN....

Edited by Darkwind
  • Like 1

Tats don't bother me at all on anyone... go for it. I'll never have one, but that's a personal choice.

I do think the facial tats are probably what puts most people off. They just aren't attractive. I have a few girlfriends that do have facial tats, but they're really up in the hairline and can't be seen except when the hair is pulled back tight, and one friend has one on her scalp which can only be seen when she has a Mohawk, which isn't often anymore since she's in a very serious type of sales business these days.

Get the tats, but maybe refrain from tats in the middle of your face, or at least give it a LOT of thought before you do it and go into it knowing most people find them .... off-putting and be prepared to deal with that realistically.

Edited by MissMelsWell
  • Like 2

It brings this to my mind...

[media=]

[/media]

I realise that tattoos are currently the "in" thing, and considered cool and all... But down the road many people get "buyers remorse" over their tats...

And people should remember that tats (Like most fashion things) are a cyclical fad... What's considered "in" and "cool" now - later may be the butt of much "uncoolness" and very much "out"...

• Like 2

I think it covers up the cellulite just perfect!! :yes: Maybe I'll get my legs done!!!! :clap:

• Like 1

I'm all good with tats but.. If I were a guy, I'd think a gal getting one every week meant they were more into themselves more than they would be into me. Kind of like guys that love their muscles so much, it's doubtful their gal would get as much attention.

• Like 4

'But then I started getting more tattoos done and every time I got inked, I felt a new lease of life. Now people look at me and they can’t believe I’m nearly 50.'

50?...looks closer to 70 to me.

Edited by zebra99
  • Like 2

I like tattoos, even some on the face. But when there are so many I don't like that you can't get a good loook at any of them as they all kind of get lost in each other. So without staring creepily for a long time at another's body you can't enjoy them individually.

Btw, I saw a stunning one of an oriental lady, that was so artistic and delicate, it looked like a painting.

Imo, since so many women are getting them I think more of the art itself needs to change and not be so dark and thick and bold, for those ladies who might enjoy something more...well, lighter and softer with finer lines, delicate shading, etc.

Edited by QuiteContrary

'But then I started getting more tattoos done and every time I got inked, I felt a new lease of life. Now people look at me and they can’t believe I’m nearly 50.'

50?...looks closer to 70 to me.

Hahaha, I thought the same thing. I'm probably the same age... I'm a couple years shy of 50 too. This was taken of me seven months ago. Tats or not, that woman isn't lookin' so good for her age.

MMW_zps53f5a222.jpg

Edited by MissMelsWell
  • Like 1

I don't think it's so much about the tats. Probably has more to do with the fugly.

Hahaha, I thought the same thing. I'm probably the same age... I'm a couple years shy of 50 too. This was taken of me seven months ago. Tats or not, that woman isn't lookin' so good for her age.

MMW_zps53f5a222.jpg

Did you have a painful divorce?

She should subscribe to interest groups one can find all over the internet for people who have and/or like tattoos and it's problem-solved. I'd tell her myself, I just don't want to get involved with such a microscopic problem in the world.

That sure is an old 49 year old. Maybe she should've used the money on a face lift.

Edited by Rlyeh

I think her problem was that she was getting the tattoos for free from her friend, and couldn't say no.

I think she has an edgy artistic look, not a mainstream look. She just needs to find a similar man, maybe in a city with a big arts scene.

I'm going to out on a limb and say I don't think it's the tattoo's.