Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Religionist meets god...

Zaphod222

I think we are creatures who seek truth, it is like a magnet that draws us, or most of us I believe. Those who seek truth will find it and will not be surprised. It will be like meeting someone new, but there is an instant connection, truth responds to truth, love to love, goodness to goodness, no matter the name.

peace

Mark

Edited by markdohle

They really did cover everything off didnt they lol

BUT

Isaiah 43:10

"I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. "

Deuteronomy 32:8

When the Most High gave to the nations their inheritance, when he divided mankind, he fixed the borders of the peoples according to the number of the sons of God.

Psalm 82

1 God (elohim) has taken his place in the divine council;

in the midst of the gods (elohim), he holds judgment:

2 "How long will you judge unjustly

and show partiality to the wicked?

6 I said, “You are gods,

sons of the Most High, all of you;

7 nevertheless, like men you shall die,

and fall like any prince.”

8 Arise, O God, judge the earth;

for you shall inherit all the nations!

8 Arise, O God, judge the earth;

for you shall inherit all the nations!

To understand Christianity, one really has to understand the logic behind your post, Jor-el...including the Feast of Sukkot (Feast of Booths, Feast of Tabernacles), a biblical holiday celebrated on the 15th day of the month of Tishrei (variously from late September to late October), and why the Lamb was sacrificed.

To understand Christianity, one really has to understand the logic behind your post, Jor-el...including the Feast of Sukkot (Feast of Booths, Feast of Tabernacles), a biblical holiday celebrated on the 15th day of the month of Tishrei (variously from late September to late October), and why the Lamb was sacrificed.

True, but the aim here is simple, to demonstrate that God created the other Gods... and if we happen to one day meet one of them then it is simply on the way to meet the God of gods to whom they will also bow.

True, but the aim here is simple, to demonstrate that God created the other Gods... and if we happen to one day meet one of them then it is simply on the way to meet the God of gods to whom they will also bow.

Ah, but first you have to demonstrate where your God came from, not so simple I think.

Ah, but first you have to demonstrate where your God came from, not so simple I think.

I don't have to explain it to know it... do you know how to explain how the universe came to be, no-one can but it is here isn't it?

I don't have to explain it to know it... do you know how to explain how the universe came to be, no-one can but it is here isn't it?

You do if you want me to know it. The Dagda just hit your God on the head with his giant club. I think we are very close to figuring out the origin of the Universe, but I would have to get Waspie Dwarf and he is not much for non-sense.

You do if you want me to know it. The Dagda just hit your God on the head with his giant club. I think we are very close to figuring out the origin of the Universe, but I would have to get Waspie Dwarf and he is not much for non-sense.

Dagda is the "shining divinity"..................... We have a Shining One in christianity. lol......................................

He is one of many and he has a mother, father and children. But I except as mythology same as is the Torah, Bible and Koran is the mythology of the Middle East.

But I cannot make you "know" anything... How can I show a blind man the colours of a rainbow he has never seen... either God shows or he doesn't...

I still dont quite understand why I had to die for losing a bloody football match.

He is one of many and he has a mother, father and children. But I except as mythology same as is the Torah, Bible and Koran is the mythology of the Middle East.

The devil thinks hes clever by planting the idea everythings a mythology. Make something grand and the gullible human monkeys will buy it. Its a great scheme to make something without value.......................................................... Sneaky demon.

Edited by euroninja

But I cannot make you "know" anything... How can I show a blind man the colours of a rainbow he has never seen... either God shows or he doesn't...

I ain't blind, my eyes are wide open. I am an earthling child looking up at the night sky and seeing himself.

The devil thinks hes clever by planting the idea everythings a mythology. Make something grand and the gullible human monkeys will buy it. Its a great scheme to make something without value.......................................................... Sneaky demon.

I hate it when I blow hot coffee out my nose, thanks for the morning laugh. You're right in that human monkeys are gullible.

I ain't blind, my eyes are wide open. I am an earthling child looking up at the night sky and seeing himself.

Of course you aren't blind, physically blind that is, but your senses do not see all the world there is, they are only a small part of the reality that our bodies can assimilate. If God wants to reveal himself to you, he will do so, we can spend a thousand years talking and it won't change a single thing you believe.

Only God can give someone that knowledge of his existence. I'm not talking of faith or belief, but knowledge and surety over and above faith.

Edited by Jor-el

Of course you aren't blind, physically blind that is, but your senses do not see all the world there is, they are only a small part of the reality that our bodies can assimilate. If God wants to reveal himself to you, he will do so, we can spend a thousand years talking and it won't change a single thing you believe.

Only God can give someone that knowledge of his existence. I'm not talking of faith or belief, but knowledge and surety over and above faith.

I am a Pantheist, everything is God, including you and me.

I also practice witchcraft. As one of my craft mentors told me, when you open the door make sure what you have let in is back on the other side and be sure to close the door.

I am a Pantheist, everything is God, including you and me.

[media=]

[/media]

I also practice witchcraft. As one of my craft mentors told me, when you open the door make sure what you have let in is back on the other side and be sure to close the door.

And I am not a Pantheist, the universe is a beautifully crafted construct that declares the glory of God, it however is not God. Just as you are not your house that you may have built or you are not your child that you may have fathered and you are not the painting you may have painted.

And your mentor is very wise in giving you that piece of essential advice, bad things happen to the distracted who forget to close the door. Which is why I do not delve into the occult, the advice I received is "do not open doors you cannot close afterward".

Edited by Jor-el

And I am not a Pantheist, the universe is a beautifully crafted construct that declares the glory of God, it however is not God. Just as you are not your house that you may have built or you are not your child that you may have fathered and you are not the painting you may have painted.

And your mentor is very wise in giving you that piece of essential advice, bad things happen to the distracted who forget to close the door. Which is why I do not delve into the occult, the advice I received is "do not open doors you cannot close afterward".

It all one, the Universe, the sun, the earth, I am mother, father, child, I am a bird, I am tree, I am the paper. I am the Universe discovering itself.

Oh dear it is too late. You let it in.

It all one, the Universe, the sun, the earth, I am mother, father, child, I am a bird, I am tree, I am the paper. I am the Universe discovering itself.

Oh dear it is too late. You let it in.

It is all one in the materialistic aspect that we are all made of the same substance. That is what physicality implies...

God is not a part of that order, which after all has a death sentence upon it... even the universe will die.

Right, everything dies, renews and is born into something else, As Above, So below. Damh the Bard, kind of explains better than I can. (Just got to throw in some music to lighten things up. )

I am lover, I am father,

I am Horned God and King,

I'm the life in all of Nature,

That is reborn every Spring,

Call of stag and cry of eagle,

I am Child of Barleycorn,

And I am the Antlered Crown and Standing Stone!

• Like 1

This one is better. The Awen is the spirit of the Universe.

Right, everything dies, renews and is born into something else, As Above, So below. Damh the Bard, kind of explains better than I can. (Just got to throw in some music to lighten things up. )

I am lover, I am father,

I'm the life in all of Nature,

That is reborn every Spring,

Call of stag and cry of eagle,

I am Child of Barleycorn,

[media=]

[/media]

I liked the song, very Celtic in expression... I have a weak spot for the Celts.... we Portuguese are their descendants as well...

This one is better. The Awen is the spirit of the Universe.

Now its my turn ;)

[media=]

[/media]

I hope you enjoy them for the musical quality if nothing else.

Edited by Jor-el
  • Like 1

I love those girls :wub: and Amazing Grace.

This one is more Pagan. lol

We gonna get clobbered for posting music videos.... ;)

I love them too, one of my favourite groups... well let it not be said that we have nothing in common.... :tu:

• Like 1

Here's an antique horned god, Darkwind. His name is Pashupati, a personification of Shiva. Pashupati is also the nickname of Rudra. It's made of jade stone -- extremely hard and unscratchable. I'm going to auction it off this fall, unless someone buys it from my website once I put it up.

Just an aside, Swami Rudrananda (of NYC) was a major art dealer; he was a disciple of Swami Muktananda and Swami Nityananda

pashu2.jpg

pashu1.jpg

Peace.

• Like 1