Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pro-US hacker attacks Snowden asylum nations

Clarakore

EXCLUSIVE: Pro-US hacker 'The Jester' takes aim at nations helping Snowden

The self-described patriot hacker known as “The Jester” says he’ll carry out cyber attacks on countries considering granting asylum to Edward Snowden.

Beginning early Monday, The Jester hacked into several government websites in Ecuador as reports circulated that Snowden, who divulged secrets on the National Security Agency’s spying programs, could be headed there. With Venezuela emerging as a possible landing spot for Snowden, The Jester told FoxNews.com he could turn his attention to that South American country.

“These are enemies and that's how I will be treating them, and anyone who facilitates them,” The Jester told FoxNews.com in an online interview.

The Jester launched denial of service attacks on a website hosting Ecuador’s tourism ministry and on another that hosts the country’s stock market home page. While in communication with FoxNews.com, he appeared to be taking the sites on and offline. When Ecuador abruptly reversed its stance and said it would not harbor Snowden, The Jester told FoxNews.com he would restore the sites. Within minutes, they were back online.

The Jester’s real identity is not known, but he has hacked into various jihadist websites, taking down Internet forums where terrorists and wannabes gather online. He calls himself a “hacker for good,” and he told FoxNews.com that he sees people like Snowden and Julian Assange, the WikiLeaks mastermind who has also disseminated government secrets, as similarly dangerous to U.S. interests.

*snip*

Just the type of person that would be a prime target of being spied on.

I'm wondering if this Jester characters identity is ousted by a certain collective of hacktivists, the U.S. government will allow him to be extradited to Ecuador?

Whoever this Jester is it all strikes me as puerile.

o0o0o0o quick certain letter force gather Fox's internet data!

This could easily be our own government at work.

True.

Likely orchestrated by them as well.

More cyberattacks are likely especially if Snowden even gets to those nations.

True.

Likely orchestrated by them as well.

More cyberattacks are likely especially if Snowden even gets to those nations.

If it happens to Venezuela then I'm sure we can confirm the identity of Jester Obama.

Last I heard Venezuela has accepted his request for asylum.

Dumb, very dumb.

The comments or the op?

The OP, or better said, the content.

If the US ever wants to get its hands on Snowden, the most successful way will not be to p*** off those who try to offer him sanctuary, that way the tempers will never cool down.

• Like 1