Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

McDonald's closing all restaurants in Bolivia

jugoso

McDonald's happy image and its golden arches aren't the gateway to bliss in Bolivia. This South American country isn't falling for the barrage of advertising and fast food cooking methods that so easily engulf countries like the United States. Bolivians simply don't trust food prepared in such little time. The quick and easy, mass production method of fast food actually turns Bolivians off altogether. Sixty percent of Bolivians are an indigenous population who generally don't find it worth their health or money to step foot in a McDonald's. Despite its economically friendly fast food prices, McDonald's couldn't coax enough of the indigenous population of Bolivia to eat their BigMacs, McNuggets or McRibs

http://www.naturalnews.com/040752_Bolivia_McDonalds_restaurants_fast_food.html

I live in Mexico where there are a fair number of McDonalds. In my experience, they are not economically friendly and much more expensive than in US and Canada.

On another note:

The McRib: 70 ingredients all restructured into one

Did you know that the McRib is processed with 70 different ingredients which include azodicarbonamide, a flour-bleaching agent often used in producing foamed plastics? McRib's are basically "restructured meat technology" containing a mixture of tripe, heart, and scalded stomach. Proteins are extracted from this muscle mixture and they bind the pork trimmings together so they can be molded in a factory. The McRib is really just a molded blob of restructured meat, advertised and sold like fresh ribs. There's nothing real about it, the preparation or the substance. In fact, McRibs really came about because of a chicken shortage. The restructured meat technology approach kept the McRib on the menu, despite the shortage, and the profits continued rolling in

Sounds really yummy, doesn´t it?

Sounds like soylent green.

"sold like fresh ribs"??? What sane person would think something that has bones "shaped" into it was real? That would be right up there with people who order chicken fingers thinking chickens really had fingers.

• Like 3

"sold like fresh ribs"??? What sane person would think something that has bones "shaped" into it was real? That would be right up there with people who order chicken fingers thinking chickens really had fingers.

Just imagine what a chicken nugget is made of hmmmmm

Just imagine what a chicken nugget is made of hmmmmm

I don't care...I make them at home. I do have a Big Mac fix about once a year though.

I don't care...I make them at home. I do have a Big Mac fix about once a year though.

Ok I admit mcd`s is a 3 or four times a year thing. I like the breakfast boritos and pancakes. As far as the nuggets go

how do you fit 500 cows in a barn?

-hold a bingo

Processed foods are really bad for your diet and weight control.

how do you fit 500 cows in a barn?

-hold a bingo

Processed foods are really bad for your diet and weight control.

lol now where is my KFC double down. Oh wait changed my mind

In Australia and Europe, the use of azodicarbonamide as a food additive is banned. In Singapore specifically, use of this substance in food can result in a $450,000 fine and 15 years in jail.
These components are in small enough quantities to be innocuous. But it’s still a little disconcerting to know that, for example, azodicarbonamide, a flour-bleaching agent that is most commonly used in the manufacture of foamed plastics like in gym mats and the soles of shoes, is found in the McRib bun. The compound is banned in Europe and Australia as a food additive. (England’s Health and Safety Executive classified it as a “respiratory sensitizer” that potentially contributes to asthma through occupational exposure.) The U.S. limits azodicarbonamide to 45 parts per million in commercial flour products, based on analysis of lab testing.

http://healthland.time.com/2011/10/27/why-lovin-the-mcrib-isnt-a-heart-smart-idea/

Good for Bolivia. Smart move.

• Like 1

Bolivians smarter than us? Who woudda thunk!