Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Octopus found at the top of UK Mountain

skookum

Sasquatch keep octopi as pets. I thought everyone knew that.

lol

Obviously a swallow. An African swallow, but not a European, of course..

Sadly, the number of people who get your reference are dwindling.

• Like 5

Obviously a swallow. An African swallow, but not a European, of course..

but then....African swallows are non-migratory! :D

• Like 3

If there are no serious people on here disguising science I believe the rains took it thier like frogs or the occasional fish!

There are plenty of people on here who disguise science... ;)

How bizarre!!!

How would a bird capture an octopus? They don't swim out in the open, they hide in rocks in the ocean. A bird wouldn't be able to dive and search and bring an octopus up, they don't go quietly! lol

maybe it was sold on a fish market or s.th., and some bird took caught the salesperson off guard.... ;)

Heh, I wasn't shocked about the amount of garbage. A cemetery and park area I've helped clean up is less than half a football field in size, and we hauled out 10 bags of garbage more than once a year. Litterbugs are everywhere :(

I was a little surprised to think a bird of prey would drop it's food and not come back for it, if a bird of prey is how the octopus got there.

Maybe the bird was going to come back for it, but the "cleaners" got to it first.

I am shocked about the amount of garbage, we are not talking about a park or cemetery where teenagers can hang out, we are talking about an area which is generally visited by "nature lovers and hikers"...allegedly!

My mom was a janater. She always said the womens bathroom was the dirtest.

It’s true.

Sometimes it’s so criminal and so obviously deliberately messed up I wonder if some women leave outrageous mess because they want some sort of revenge or... actually, I have no explanation for that.

As for the octopus... it wasn’t me.

wow that reminded me of the story of a farmer in Indonesia who lived in the mountain and found a huge sea water fish on the top of mountain. It happened 1978 and still to this days keep me baffled. The fish apparently heavier than the man who found it. If it was carried by people, then why didn't they just cooked it up instead of left it there?

Yeah, but mens are smellier.....so I hear.

lol "not me" was getting kinky with"dont know" up on top of the mountain or maybe some ones ink pen needed reinked?

• Like 1

Article doesn't say exactly when this was found. Could this not have been picked up by that big a$$ waterspout in the South of France last month and deposited there? That thing might have left "artifacts" all across Europe...

Article doesn't say exactly when this was found. Could this not have been picked up by that big a$$ waterspout in the South of France last month and deposited there? That thing might have left "artifacts" all across Europe...

No, the winds have been light, though there was strong winds not too long ago, strong, but not that strong

Considering the Earth is 4 billion years old and they really have no idea about the geology of any period of time other than speculation, it is not a surprise to me.

imagine that walking down a nature trail, then BAM OCTOPUS IN THE FACE would that not blow your mind?

If it was a water spout, when it land it would be a tornado. Don't about england, but here in the usa tornados always make the news.

BAM OCTOPUS IN THE FACE!

Very likely a bird did take it there, but what is shocking is this:

Volunteers removed 10 bags of rubbish from the mountain during the pick

What is wrong with people? Anyone caught dropping rubbish should be banned from natural spaces, send them back to their ghettos!

There were about 15 teenagers the other day in the park "hanging out', when they left the place was littered with rubbish, this is our next generation, their parents should be frogged marched to the area and made to pick up the rubbish in front of their kids, show an example on how its done for a change.

A little bit of respect for nature is all what is called for, is that really too much to ask in a day and age when humans are polluting everything in their path?

Good call :tu:, was Everest not enough of a wake up call?