Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

You guys aren't on this one yet?

Rafterman

http://variety.com/2013/biz/news/exclusive-sun-valley-conference-guest-list-includes-chris-christie-tony-blair-mark-zuckerberg-see-complete-list-1200504037/

Sun Valley Conference Guest List Includes Chris Christie, Mark Zuckerberg (EXCLUSIVE)

Who's who of power brokers from media, tech, banking expected to attend

Private investment firm Allen & Co.’s Herb Allen hosts the annual conference at his massive estate in Sun Valley, Idaho. Often described as “summer camp” for moguls, the conference has taken over Sun Valley once a year since 1983. The venerable firm, started by Charles and Herbert Allen, Sr. in 1922, is a staple of media and entertainment banking with a hand in most all showbiz deals big and small.

Could be some real nefarious **** at play here.

Probably just want to set it up as an alternative to Bohemian Grove. For people who find that Owl business a bit creepy, perhaps. :unsure2:

• Like 2

Probably just want to set it up as an alternative to Bohemian Grove. For people who find that Owl business a bit creepy, perhaps. :unsure2:

Chris Christie in drag.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it kind of sucks, if you had people who wanted to spend their vacation in a nice place like that, but have the area surrounded by private high-security guard firm. Think about a family going there, seeing the men in black, and daddy having to break to lil' Jimmy that we can't go to swim here anymore, some folks wanted it all for themselves. Lil' Jimmy ain't gonna like it.

I'm thinking it's still remnants of the class society, it's not like that's gone somewhere with the modern era. Higher folks not wanting to be somewhere where they'd have to risk being associating with the rest of us. Can't blame them for wanting some privacy and a party just for themselves. But if you think of it, why wouldn't they just invite some nice neighbors instead if that was the case, or some less influental people? I bet a lot of those people on the list wouldn't know each other if they didn't go to parties like that, and personally if I had all that money, I'd just buy up a lot in suburbs, build there a restaurant and served a free-for-all day and had a good time with the people coming to eat. Especially hobos and such, they can be very good company if you get past the social stigma and seemingly slow or twisted brain-function at times. But I guess not everyone's into that.