Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bolivia Irate over Forced Landing

questionmark

Bolivia is furious that a plane carrying President Evo Morales was forced to land in Vienna on Tuesday night after false rumors circulated that NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden was on board. The country has called it a "direct attack" on the leader.

Bolivian President Evo Morales hadn't intended to spend Tuesday night enjoying the comforts of the VIP lounge in Vienna's international airport. But he apparently had little choice. Just after midnight, his government plane -- heading back to South America after attending an energy conference in Moscow -- was forced to land in the Austrian capital.

Several European countries had allegedly denied the Bolivian aircraft overflight rights after rumors began flying that National Security Agency whistleblower Edward Snowden was on board.

Read more

Apparently no one is really concerned about p***ing off Bolivia.

Which could backfire, if Evo is p***ed enough he will grant asylum and even give a passport to Snowden, which kind of would backfire on those who want to nab him.

This is likely to make them feel more friendly towards the traitor/true American hero (delete as preferred) Snowden? Surely it's more likely to persuade them, as well, not to have anything to do with him. Which is maybe why the rumour was spread.

This is likely to make them feel more friendly towards the traitor/true American hero (delete as preferred) Snowden? Surely it's more likely to persuade them, as well, not to have anything to do with him. Which is maybe why the rumour was spread.

Those "New alliance" South and Central American countries have not cared about what anybody in the West wanted for quite a time.

As to Snowden himself: some country will issue him a passport and he will disappear, my bet is that he is just waiting for a country where he can leak the rest of his knowledge. The reason he did not accept Russian asylum is because Putin made it conditional to a gag order.

• Like 1

What I find extraordinary in all of this is that France denies they prevented him flying over their Airspace. Maybe yet another CIA inspired False Flag to Commercial Aircraft movements? If they intercepted ATC control with a false directive then the *hit will really hit the fan (so to speak).

What I find extraordinary in all of this is that France denies they prevented him flying over their Airspace. Maybe yet another CIA inspired False Flag to Commercial Aircraft movements? If they intercepted ATC control with a false directive then the *hit will really hit the fan (so to speak).

Yeh, there seems to be something questionable in all this, because at the end of the day Austria pretends to be neutral. Lets wait for the next leaks.

Those "New alliance" South and Central American countries have not cared about what anybody in the West wanted for quite a time.

As to Snowden himself: some country will issue him a passport and he will disappear, my bet is that he is just waiting for a country where he can leak the rest of his knowledge. The reason he did not accept Russian asylum is because Putin made it conditional to a gag order.

LOL "New", those guys have all been worst enemies and best friends forever and a day now...

LOL "New", those guys have all been worst enemies and best friends forever and a day now...

Yes, but for the first time in almost 200 years decided to stick together and not let the US dictate anything to them. Therefore NEW.

• Like 1

I do not think that Snowden even has any more info held personally, it all rests in the hands of Wikileaks. What is the damage anyway, he has not put anybody at risk, lives are not on the line here, he has just provided information that "Friendly" nations are being bugged, by another so - called Friendly Nation.

It will certainly impact on the USA - EU Free Trade negotiatons, and, just as an aside, Germany is looking to offer Political Asylum to Snowden, and why not?

I do not think that Snowden even has any more info held personally, it all rests in the hands of Wikileaks. What is the damage anyway, he has not put anybody at risk, lives are not on the line here, he has just provided information that "Friendly" nations are being bugged, by another so - called Friendly Nation.

It will certainly impact on the USA - EU Free Trade negotiatons, and, just as an aside, Germany is looking to offer Political Asylum to Snowden, and why not?

So far Germany has rejected it on formal grounds (you can only ask for asylum if you are physically in Germany i.a. with German laws). But this will affect much more. Ms. Merkel is about to be damaged due to her statement that she was not "fully" aware of the NSA spying in Germany, whereby she admitted that she abetted illegal actions in the country.

Yes, but for the first time in almost 200 years decided to stick together and not let the US dictate anything to them. Therefore NEW.

There's nothing new about that. There's a group of men who have already been friends/enemies all deciding that it is in their best interest to do something. If every time someone decides as a group to do something, it would qualify them as a new alliance.. There would be a ton of "new alliances" everywhere...

Everybody seems to be playing with a new hand with the same pot now ... win win free for all ... except Snowden ...

Everybody seems to be playing with a new hand with the same pot now ... win win free for all ... except Snowden ...

In view of this scandal many things will change, not lastly the selection of NSA employees and contractors. As for Snowden, from this point on he hardly will be able to control whatever happens now... not since he laid his fate in the hands of the Wikileaks lawyers.

• Like 1

in related news:

The strange flight of Evo Morales

read more

Yeah, France. If he was a child molester he would have no problem getting an assylum there.

On a funnier note, who would dare to ground air force one, putin, merkel....?

Not taking Snowdens side, just noticing who runs the world.

• Like 1

Yeah, France. If he was a child molester he would have no problem getting an assylum there.

On a funnier note, who would dare to ground air force one, putin, merkel....?

Not taking Snowdens side, just noticing who runs the world.

Now you are talking absolute BS!! and you know it.

Why do you think Airforce1 is different from other aircraft? If the relevant authorities remove permission for it to overfly ANY European airspace then it WILL conform to the directives.It WILL be forced to land and there is nothing the USA could do about it. Seriously absolutely nothing.

That the Bolivian President was forced to land is a mystery to me, it appears to have nothing to do with EASA, CAA , even FAA directives... it is something else, something more sinister and this is why I Call False Flag on the NSA and the CIA.

Way to go USA, turn your Allies against you and sit out the rest of the century in sad Isoaltion..IMO

Why do you think Airforce1 is different from other aircraft? If the relevant authorities remove permission for it to overfly ANY European airspace then it WILL conform to the directives.It WILL be forced to land and there is nothing the USA could do about it. Seriously absolutely nothing.

That the Bolivian President was forced to land is a mystery to me, it appears to have nothing to do with EASA, CAA , even FAA directives... it is something else, something more sinister and this is why I Call False Flag on the NSA and the CIA.

Way to go USA, turn your Allies against you and sit out the rest of the century in sad Isoaltion..IMO

With or without this incident: It has caused so far more damage than Iraq, Afghanistan, Guantanamo and the extrajudicial killings combined.

because .... who controls the air, literally?

"Prince of the Power of the Air" [Ephesians 2:2]

3246712892_612de0e60f_o.jpg

[Link]

i really would dearly love to see someone try, I really would.

i really would dearly love to see someone try, I really would.

It will happen... sooner or later. And short of declaring war there is nothing the US can do about it. Air traffic rules apply to everybody at any place in any country.

And apparently nobody is really doubting that the Casa Blanca is quite desperate over the Snowden incident.

John Kiriakou has now written from prison to tell Snowden to NEVER trust the FBI.

Kiriakou started out with the FBI before switching to CIA.

• Like 2

Turns out four countries diverted Bolivia's presidential plane and that in Austria they underwent a search to insure only Bolivian citizens were on board.

Turns out four countries diverted Bolivia's presidential plane and that in Austria they underwent a search to insure only Bolivian citizens were on board.

The big question now will be: "who ordered it in those countries?". Because that will be highly unpopular in view of the European implications of the scandal.