Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why am I full of self doubts, what do I fear?

SereneScene

I am going on 24 years old, I feel like I have not truly set my life in motion, I have ideas of what I might want to do but something holds me back, fear of the unknown? I dont know whats wrong with me, this is a constant struggle for me, am I just depressed? Do I over analyze? I just dont know...

If anyone can please spare a reading, pick up on something it would be appreciated.

• Like 1

I am going on 24 years old, I feel like I have not truly set my life in motion, I have ideas of what I might want to do but something holds me back, fear of the unknown? I dont know whats wrong with me, this is a constant struggle for me, am I just depressed? Do I over analyze? I just dont know...

If anyone can please spare a reading, pick up on something it would be appreciated.

I don't do readings but I have years of experience in life. Don't worry about the "I'm 24" part. At 24 most people are struggling and afraid. You think," I'm supposed to be grown up but I still feel like a kid..." And that's normal.

If you have ideas of what you want to do pick the ONE you love the most and JUMP! Failure will happen, that's a given. But in every failure there is a lesson learned, and that holds true at any age. And if you take anything away from this crazy lady typing at you tonight...it's regrets. Don't look back in 20 years and regret that you didn't at least try. You're 24, your life stands before you waiting for you to lead it.... now go!

• Like 5

I don't do readings but, to me, your user name and avatar belie the title of your thread.

I'm turning 50 next month and I've 'redesigned' myself about a half a dozen times. I don't think that it matters what you 'set off to do'. By the time you're my age it'll be something else completely different. Trust me, as long as you maintain good friends and family, it'll be a pleasant surprise.

Just another thing. You asked if you might 'over analyze'. I think that if you ask that type of question, you already know the answer.

:) Happy trails, SS.

• Like 3

I tottally agree with the first two posts. I don't do readings anymore, but I will say from talking to you for a bit in chat, you seem laid back. Maybe your too comfortable where your at? I was that way for a long long time. My life started early, and I'm only 26 myself. I wanted to go to school forever, talked about, no one took me seriously, and then one day I did what lilly said. I JUMPED! Now I'm a sophmore and studying what I find interesting in life.

Trust me, many people our age around us are getting married, pregnant, starting families, etc. Just don't compare yourself to them. Your path is different! Take a couple risks, take a class you can't afford, introduce yourself to that tattooed man on the bus, lick a shoe! Whatever your forte is! Have fun, just take it one step at a time. I find writing a list out (no matter how many times or years it takes) and try to cross off as much as you can. Life is a colored crazy game of stratego/jenga/candyland/life/guesswho? So pick up a pen, write a goal for tomorrow, set that down in a place where you'll see it, and DO IT to it magoo!

(Please excuse my jabberness, i'm a bit tuckered tonight). You got this man, don't be afraid to research either, and don't be afraid to NOT research. Jump on one leg, eat a taco from one of those food trucks, smoke an electronic ciggarette, adopt that chihuaha with one leg named Zaboo! Have fun, be silly, make a face. Also, Have a good one man! God Bless!

Edited by Jessem
  • Like 2

I tottally agree with the first two posts. I don't do readings anymore, but I will say from talking to you for a bit in chat, you seem laid back. Maybe your too comfortable where your at? I was that way for a long long time. My life started early, and I'm only 26 myself. I wanted to go to school forever, talked about, no one took me seriously, and then one day I did what lilly said. I JUMPED! Now I'm a sophmore and studying what I find interesting in life.

Trust me, many people our age around us are getting married, pregnant, starting families, etc. Just don't compare yourself to them. Your path is different! Take a couple risks, take a class you can't afford, introduce yourself to that tattooed man on the bus, lick a shoe! Whatever your forte is! Have fun, just take it one step at a time. I find writing a list out (no matter how many times or years it takes) and try to cross off as much as you can. Life is a colored crazy game of stratego/jenga/candyland/life/guesswho? So pick up a pen, write a goal for tomorrow, set that down in a place where you'll see it, and DO IT to it magoo!

(Please excuse my jabberness, i'm a bit tuckered tonight). You got this man, don't be afraid to research either, and don't be afraid to NOT research. Jump on one leg, eat a taco from one of those food trucks, smoke an electronic ciggarette, adopt that chihuaha with one leg named Zaboo! Have fun, be silly, make a face. Also, Have a good one man! God Bless!

I'd hug you if I could! You said everything I couldn't. I swear to God the advice you gave should be printed in every high school or college diploma. Well Said!
  • Like 1

Well guys I actually am NOT comfortable in my current situation, I desperatly want a change of life, pace, I want to join the Military, possibly the Marines or Air Force, I think I have a fear of the unknown though, I know the Military will change my life and show me many different things and at times I am ready and set on doing it but at other times the fact that I am gonna do it causes a bit of uneasyness in me, its like Im scared to take that plunge, that risk.

Im not scared of fighting, im not scared of being away from my family, quite frankly im not really sure what exactly im afraid of....this is why I say I am scared of the unknown.

I know does not make too much sense...I have a fear of...something, I just cant figure out what.

• Like 1

Well guys I actually am NOT comfortable in my current situation, I desperatly want a change of life, pace, I want to join the Military, possibly the Marines or Air Force, I think I have a fear of the unknown though, I know the Military will change my life and show me many different things and at times I am ready and set on doing it but at other times the fact that I am gonna do it causes a bit of uneasyness in me, its like Im scared to take that plunge, that risk.

Im not scared of fighting, im not scared of being away from my family, quite frankly im not really sure what exactly im afraid of....this is why I say I am scared of the unknown.

I know does not make too much sense...I have a fear of...something, I just cant figure out what.

Your inner voice is saying 'well, don't do that'. I like my inner voice. It's helped me many times.

But, you said 'you want to join the military'.

Is that really true?

Is it maybe a fear that you either won't succeed, or that it might not be all you hope it is (whatever life choice you make)?

• Like 1

Makes alot of sense buddy! When I say comfortable, I don't mean like cozy, or happy. I mean where you are now is kind of a safe spot. Whether you live at home, by yourself, work an average Job etc. Your comfortable in a state of either dependability or at a crossroads, and sometimes we can sit there for years. Also, you may not know what your afraid of, but atleast you can admit you have a fear. You gott a break free from it. If it's the marines, if you haven't already, talk to a recruiter; or better yet, start to study for the asvab. You won't figure it out until you defeat it my friend! Another piece of advice, stop feeding the fear, what your doing is causing yourself to be afraid even moreso, instead tell the fear that it's nothing. Speak it out loud, you have power over it! Verbal words are alot more powerful than we realize.

I'd hug you if I could! You said everything I couldn't. I swear to God the advice you gave should be printed in every high school or college diploma. Well Said!

Thank you Lilly :blush::D

Edited by Jessem
  • Like 2

I don't think life began for me till I was 35. Before that it was just angst and dodging bullets. One nice thing about being young is that you can start over and redefine yourself a few times.

• Like 1

Just my opinion:

The Marines or Air Force? Aren't they very different, kind of opposite ends in the military? Maybe you just need to research each a bit more to feel more sure or decide on something else. Never, EVER blindly listen to a recruiter! Ask someone who is in the military or just got out! Triple check whatever a recruiter tells you!

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 2

Just my opinion:

The Marines or Air Force? Aren't they very different, kind of opposite ends in the military? Maybe you just need to research each a bit more to feel more sure or decide on something else. Never, EVER blindly listen to a recruiter! Ask someone who is in the military or just got out! Triple check whatever a recruiter tells you!

Yea they really are, one is very MILITARY and the other is more job like. Ive read up and researched both a lot, I see the pros and cons of both and I like both for different reasons.

Honestly its hard for me to pick anything in life and say "this is it! This is what I have been searching for!" And run with it with full dedication.

• Like 1

Makes alot of sense buddy! When I say comfortable, I don't mean like cozy, or happy. I mean where you are now is kind of a safe spot. Whether you live at home, by yourself, work an average Job etc. Your comfortable in a state of either dependability or at a crossroads, and sometimes we can sit there for years. Also, you may not know what your afraid of, but atleast you can admit you have a fear. You gott a break free from it. If it's the marines, if you haven't already, talk to a recruiter; or better yet, start to study for the asvab. You won't figure it out until you defeat it my friend! Another piece of advice, stop feeding the fear, what your doing is causing yourself to be afraid even moreso, instead tell the fear that it's nothing. Speak it out loud, you have power over it! Verbal words are alot more powerful than we realize.

I understand what you mean, I could stay at this same spot for a few years,have this same job, stay in the same spot but I would seriously hate my life...I have to find something!

• Like 1

I think you are afraid to make 'decisions' hon. We all are. At every age. Just make each decision to walk the next step and take a chance that you are going in the right direction. You will always know if it is the best decision. You will never stay the same. You will probably end up changing your personality traits, beliefs with each passing year. I am not the same person I was 5 years ago, 10 years ago, 20 years ago, 30 years ago, 40 years ago...........I may even be different at the end of this day!!! B)

It's all just a journey hon. Have as much fun as you can with it. You are the creator of your own 'story'. Make a good one for yourself!!

• Like 1

Maybe you are hesitant on the military because deep down it isn't what you want. It really isn't for everyone. How would you handle killing someone or watching your buddy die?

Sometimes our path in life isn't immediately evident but you will find it. Don't be surprised if it changes either.

Perhaps its not my dream per say but it is something I have thought about and debated a LOT. I do want to do it but I am a bit nerveous as well.

• Like 1

Perhaps its not my dream per say but it is something I have thought about and debated a LOT. I do want to do it but I am a bit nerveous as well.

Thats normal :) and a good thing!

wow....

So I called my sister who is very close and we connect really well and man, talking to her its like a bulb lit up...its like I had all the answers the whole time, I feel like I know what I have to do and have known for a while now.

Very interesting...

• Like 1

Amazing how someone just showing you a different perspective or just smacking some sense into you can make you realize things.

Funny because she actually told me a bit of what you guys did as well, you have to live life, you have to go out and FIND happiness, you have to find something you like and just DO IT! Its not even about the destination but the journey itself, no point in thinking and debating about the future so much when so many occurrences can happen and things change in a blink of an eye, your life will change and different goals and priorities will manifest.

All this fear is just something that I am creating myself and I cant let it take control, I cant let myself be that guy who looks back and says; man what if.....

Thank you for the answers and advice, you guys helped me more than you may realize.

Thank You.

You are to be commended. To be able to reach out to others requires a lot of courage. And, connecting with your sister is a major step in establishing a good social support system for yourself as well as for your sister.

Many people do go into the military for exactly the same reason you indicated ... indecision over a career path. If you elect to pursue this option spend some time considering your military occupational specialty (MOS) and find one that is transferrable to a civilian career when you have completed your military obligation. This is important as many leaving the service are without career opportunities and often feel as though they have lost years of their lives. Consider too the implications of a combat role as you will return changed with the potential of profound physical and psychological injury. If you like the idea of serving your country and community you might also consider careers in, for example, the Coast Guard, EMS, fire, and police.

Finally, consider you are undermining yourself with thoughts like ... what if, should, must. These are self defeating thoughts. So, "don't should all over yourself." Rather set an attainable goal or goals and then write all of the steps you need to go through in order to meet the goal. As you complete the steps, check them off and celebrate the wins, however, small.

Best of luck.

Thank you, I have been doing a lot of research on the Military, all the branches and what I will be getting into overall, its gonna be hard and crappy at times but I feel like I will grow a lot from these experiences, good or bad. I choose the Marines for personal reasons as well, I am confident with my choice.

I think its hard to get out of the military and NOT feel a little lost but I am confident I will find my path to being happy, I will find out what it is I truly want to do and when I do I know I will have full dedication and motivation, not to mention you get the GI bill for schooling, I am sure I will find what I want.

I am 30 and I joined the navy at 19 because of the same feelings as you. At sometime you just say it enough and you get up and look for a change of life. I had all the worries you did when I joined. I was also over weight so I was scared I would fail right out the door. but I took a leap and joined anyways. I was the best thing I ever did and probably ever will do. If your interested in war or combat join the Marines or Army. If your interested in dropping bombs from a distance and flying planes join the Airforce. I your interested in not being on the frontlines of combat and want to get the best amount of schooling and skilled trades join the Navy.

I cant tell you detailed information about my trade in the navy because I am Anonomous, But I can tell you they will teach you everything you need to know based on your interests. They will take it step by step and make sure you know and learn everything you need to know in your field.

I did it for the GI bill as well, But after being trained in a skilled trade by the Navy I changed my mind and decided I wanted to do the trade the rest of my life and need no further schooling. But that option to go to college is always there for I believe 20 years.

It can be overwhelming at first but once you realize everyone else has the same worries you will start to enjoy the experieance. Keep an open mind in Boot Camp, be willing to do anything asked of you, and have faith that anything the trainers ask you to do is for your own good and completely safe. They also love the guys who are strong willed and not afriad of anything.

This will be the first day of the rest of your life. you will never have to worry about your future from this point on. You will have a purpose in life and people will appreiciate you and family will be proud if you choose to take the first step.

BTW there is ways out of it if it gets to hard. you are not signing your life away, there is ways out. But once the fear leaves and you start to enjoy the opportunities of the service you won't want to. Hope this helps, I had the same feeling until I took that first step.

Also the reality tv shows like the one with the Seal training is not what Bootcamp is like. They are in seal training which you can choose to do or the green barrets, but this happens later not Boot camp. Its not that tough, Its actually very fun at times. Gas chamber, Not as bad as you think!

Our souls live in a field, we all live in that field together, there are entities there that actually send out emotions of fear, want, worry, anger, and sadness.

The trick is to actually force your mind to not allow negative thoughts and emotions to guide you. Wants you have removed all of these things, you will realize

that you were being controlled, guarded from your destiny and your hearts desire. But it is no easy feat, but it must be acknowledged and sorted out.

Our souls live in a field, we all live in that field together, there are entities there that actually send out emotions of fear, want, worry, anger, and sadness.

The trick is to actually force your mind to not allow negative thoughts and emotions to guide you. Wants you have removed all of these things, you will realize

that you were being controlled, guarded from your destiny and your hearts desire. But it is no easy feat, but it must be acknowledged and sorted out.

Thank You, I struggle with negative emotions a lot, I block them out a lot but they also get to me at times and it sucks.

Are these "entities" human?