Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

urban legends

AliceCoopersGirl

Just to get you all in the mood for halloween...here is a link to some halloween urban legends,enjoy devil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gif

click here

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• saint seiya

• Boo_ Boi

• man_in_mudboots

• AliceCoopersGirl

I was just about to say snopes has a ton of great halloween urban legends. laugh.gif

They're great reads, i loved reading through them.

I was just about to say snopes has a ton of great halloween urban legends. laugh.gif

They're great reads, i loved reading through them.

304983[/snapback]

Sorry Burnsie...beat you to it grin2.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

linky

Snopes(above link)has loads of urban legends about almost every topic you can thing of...its great,Im glad I came across it thumbsup.gif

Creepy but a good Halloween read! thumbsup.gif

halloween is around the corner is time to post your favorite urban legends of dangerous criminals,strange creatures, and soda and pop rocks begin!

heres one:

it starts when this two boys want to play a prank on this guy that everybody hates. they wanted to catch a skunk so they can released him on the dude's house. first they got a box to get the skunk and brought bread and meat. It was night already until they heard something moving,one of the boys put the box on top of the creature. they started running toward were there was light. One of the noticed that it was not a skunk,it was some kind of creature that had red eyes spike on his back,and fangs. the boy didin't care and went to put it on the guy's house. He later run of the house and told the other boy to run.finally the owner came and noticed a weird looking creature.

now theres two ending to this urban legend choose the one you like:

he got close to the creature and picked it up he took it back to the kitchen open his back door and let it run to the wild.later in the news theres cases of sheep,cattle, and chickens that have been drained of blood. the witness said it was some kind of creature and do a drawing of the creature.The guy sees is the smae creature he released out of his house.

ending2:he gets close to the creature but the creatures jumps at him. People in the neighborhood hear screams but nobdy cares because everybody likes him.Later the police notices he was drained out of blood, just like those animals that appeared without blood!

so heres the first urban legend of this post,The origin of the chupacabras! Hope you liked it.Now posts some urban legends! thumbsup.gif

For a really good website on Urban Legends, try Snopes.com, they do research on all of the latest UL to see that is real and what isn't. If you go to the what's new page it will list all of the recent UL that are floating around in inboxes all over the place...

hey, i like urban legends but i dont know hardly any. so, thanks for the link M. fluffy, and everybody else, tell more! tongue.gif

The Urban Drop Bear.

I don't know, but I had a pretty scary daydream about them earlier.

When they see someone sitting under a streetlight alone at night, they jump on top of the light so you can't see them. Then they drop down on you and do all kinds of clawy teethy things gruesome and ghouly like with blood and sharp, things... and it eats you too.

I'm still kinda working that one out...

Heres one..... One day an man takes a trip to mexico and sees some plants he really likes and buys them.He knows he cant take them back to the states but he still does it.When he cross the plants and gets home he notices that when he water the plant it sakes he thinks this is a little funny.So he calls up a plant store and tell them about his plant he tells them the color how it looks and were he got it from.The man tells him to GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!!! NOW and so he does not knowing why he was told to get out.One min later alot of cop cars show up.they get out and ask him were in the house the plant is.He tells them they run inside and take it out, then a fireman pulls out a flamethrower and burns the plant.The owner of the plant is mad and ask why they burned his plant.They tell him that in that plant lives a type of spiders that when there grown to full size they pop out of the plant and kill and eat anything around them................so there you have it hope to have more people also there many be some mistakes in it (i know there are) thumbsup.gif

Edited by Boo_ Boi

nice urban legends celumnaz and boo_boi.now i will not get on street lights or buy plants in mexico. heres another one:

mary's parents left out for the night to have dinner and go to dance

it was mary firs night alone in the house but she was big now plus she had her trusted dog to keep her safe. the parents finally left, she started to watcht tv and there was a news flash about that a dangerous criminal had escape and people to be safe. she quickly lock all doors and windows and decided to go to sleep. her dog always slept under her bed and licked her hand, so this she knew she was protected by her dog. She was already sleep when she heard a dripping sound she quickly thougth that it was the shower in the bathroom.but just for comfort she put her hand under the bed and she felt a lick, her dog was still there to protect her.though she still heard the dripping sound and finally could'nt take it no more and went to check. It was already 3:00 A.M. and she had heard her parents come in so she felt more safe. she finally got to the bathroom and saw a grotesque and scary thing. Her dog was all cut up and the blood was the one that was dripping, she then turn to the mirror and there in blood was written ''HUMANS CAN LICK TOO''she quickly turn around and started running down the stairs. as she got to the living room she noticed her parents dead body lying in the floor.she screamed and turned around and the only thing she saw before dying was a man with a sinister face holding a knife and going directly to her face

I thin kthe best Urban Legend is the classic one about two lovers driving down a little dark country road when they run out of gas. The guy decides to go get some fuel from the gas station they passed a few miles ago. So the woman is all alone and a lot of time passes and she's starting to get a little worried so she turns the radio on. Suddenly a news announcement stops the song reporting that a loonatic hasescaped from a mental instituion close to the road they are parked at. She instantly turns the radio off and locks all the doors. More time passes and obviosuly she is getting really scared. Suddenly there is a thump on the roof of the car, followed by several more thumps. More time passes and the thumping continues in an irregular pattern. Then she notices some flashing lights in the rear view mirror and looks back to see several police cars with police pointing guns at the vehicle. A police man with a megaphone tells her to get out of the car and walk towards them and not to look back. So she doesn but just as she starts to get close to the police she looks back and sees a madman on top of her car with her husbands head in his hands.

Another one of my faves is about the women who has a dream that she wakes up in the middle of the night to the sound of horses hooves and a carriage. She goes to the window and sees an old fashioned horse and carriage with a coffin in. The driver looks up and says "Room for one more". The next day she starts a new job at a big office. She's about to get in the elevator but it's pretty full where a guy budges up and says "Room for one more" and she realises that he looks exactly like the drive of the carriage. So she decides to not get in the elevator and walk up the stairs. Once she gets to the top she hears the news that the elevator cords snapped and it plummeted to the bottom, killing everyone in it.

I going to sleep with a 9mm and not my dog no more......... gunsmilie.gif Ill try to post some more storys 2

The one about Jamie Lee Curtis being born a hermapherdite(Both Bits!) makes me feel queesy! ohmy.gif

so heres the first urban legend of this post,The origin of the chupacabras! Hope you liked it.Now posts some urban legends

i dont believe in chupas, but get your facts strait. chupacabra myths have been around since goats first touched hooves in Mexico. they certainly didnt originate from modern american urban legends. did you read that on some site? or did you arrive at that conclusion by yourself?

Edited by man_in_mudboots

i think the chupas is real.When i lived in mexico at nights things would come and kill are livestock it was no fox or anything like that.My grumps one night went to try to find out what was out there at that time the only power we had was a flashlight and candles he took his shotgun and went out there he shoot 3 times and we heard a very loud noise it was like nothing i had heard at that time in the morning we saw a trail of blood we followed it but found nothing. whistling2.gifmellow.gif

Edited by Boo_ Boi

• 1 year later...