Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Retired zookeeper mauled to death by tigers

Still Waters

An elderly zookeeper was ripped to pieces and eaten by his own tigers when he went to feed them.

Mauro Lagiard, 72, was attacked from behind as he entered the enclosure at a closed-down zoo, near Turin, in northern Italy.

In a horrific scene he was dragged 100ft while his wife watched helplessly from outside the cage.

http://www.dailymail...-feed-them.html

Very sad tragedy. But I am very sad for the caged big cats as well: Malnourished, trapped, lacking stimulation and exercise...

• Like 1

oh wow thats horrific

I think from the poor tigers point of view, it is justice. Trouble is there are lot of tigers in the world and very few left in the wild. There isn't enough homes for the captive tigers. They would have been better off to be put down than to go into hands of this guy.

Edited by Darkwind

Very sad I hope they don't destroy these tigers

• Like 1

Very tragic and what a terrible thing for his poor wife to have to witness. Traumatizing.

But these are tigers; very powerful animals. And although they may be inside a cage, they are still wild at heart. You're taking a big risk by acting like there's nothing to worry about. I think the whole thing is foolish - zoo's, everything.

"When you put tigers on your show and they can’t be free

They’ll bite your neck off and then you’ll say Dee dee dee"

dedeedee.jpg

It's become a Catch-22. It's a big risk, it's foolish, it's traumatizing, it's sad; but since we've run tiger populations into the ground, it's also their last hope for the continuation of species.

it is very foolish, people need to use their brains a little more, common sense says you have a huge contender in the jungles food chain locked up in your backyard, its like having mike tyson tied to a post in your garage but not being smart enough to tie his arms down, yeah he might be nice at first, but cage him in dont feed him and i bet once your close enough either your getting a right hook to the jaw or you're ears getting bitten off, nature isnt a pet and there has been way to many demonstrations on why these animals shouldnt be messed with, but you get the naive human race involved and watch the blood spill, these are not house cats they will eat you if they so choose, christ my house cat tries to eat me sometimes, so do you really think im going to go out and get a 600 pound upgrade to that? naww ill keep my limbs thank you

I do not understand why people are stupid enough to think they have a "connection" with large scary dangerous predators. I mean really! Dumb luck gets them a certain distance, and then bam, dinner time. The Bear guy was just as ridiculous and met the same end.

I do not understand why people are stupid enough to think they have a "connection" with large scary dangerous predators. I mean really! Dumb luck gets them a certain distance, and then bam, dinner time. The Bear guy was just as ridiculous and met the same end.

indeed