Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Loch Ness Monster Mystery Solved?

Clarakore

Legendary beast, or harmless geological activity? That is the question raised after a scientist's surprising theory about the Loch Ness Monster resurfaced recently.

Italian geologist Luigi Piccardi first floated his theory in 2001, telling a meeting of colleagues organized by the Geological Society of London and the Geological Society of America that seismic activity may underlie the majority of supposed monster sightings around the Scottish lake from which the fabled creature takes its name.

arrow3.gifView: Read more

Edited by The world needs you
  • Like 2

In River Monsters a Greenland shark was caught, and also there are eels

I can't understand Nessie believers. I just can't.

Edited by Jeffertonturner

I can't understand Nessie believers. I just can't.

I don't "believe" in Nessie, but as a kid I did, being from Scotland and growing up in a pretty unmagical area I clinged to idea and hope of "something else". Obivously now I'm grown up and know that it's obviously not true, I still think scientists should keep their noses out of it. What's next are they going to give scientific evidence of why Santa doesn't exist? Oh wait they did that already didn't they?

Children's imagination is soemthing that is truly magical and we should not allow people to take that away from them.

• Like 2

I don't "believe" in Nessie, but as a kid I did, being from Scotland and growing up in a pretty unmagical area I clinged to idea and hope of "something else". Obivously now I'm grown up and know that it's obviously not true, I still think scientists should keep their noses out of it. What's next are they going to give scientific evidence of why Santa doesn't exist? Oh wait they did that already didn't they?

Children's imagination is soemthing that is truly magical and we should not allow people to take that away from them.

I would love to get my imagination back. :)

• Like 1

I would love to get my imagination back. :)

Haha, you still can, just not as magical. :tu: Or can be just as magical if you don't care what other people think! lol

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

Sounds plausible but can't explain away everything

Nessie is real, good for tourism.