Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Australian woman marries a bridge in France

Still Waters

Tongue-in-cheek you say?

These days it is incredibly hard to decipher that considering the growing amount of insanity I see in the human race as a whole.

People will do almost anything then turn and claim how "normal" it is. Why not marry your tv or car? I'm certain it has been done.

I don't know about marring a car. But, some dude was burried with his car. I think it was a mustang.

I don't know about marring a car. But, some dude was burried with his car. I think it was a mustang.

Well that's understandable! I had a GTO convertable once... Of course I didn't marry it... but If it could have cooked...

• Like 2

Each to their own. Their relationship doesn't affect us, so why get so steamed about it?

marrying the bridge makes complete sense to me but thats because I'm one of those weirdo artist types - she's a weirdo artist herself, her thing is bridges, she travels around recording the vibrations of bridges - I'd love to hear those recordings, I bet they sound great - and I'm willing to bet she listens to them with a scientific ear and an artists passion - this has nothing to do with sex, gay, straight or otherwise - this is not a "legal" marriage by any definition, this is a classic example of performance art - shes committing herself to her craft and her obsession - many people have died for their art, she has embraced hers and made it her one true love

BEST - Ron

Edited by some new guy

oh, I guess no one has pointed out the bridge is named Le Pont Du Diable - The Devils Bridge

I look forward to the comments that will generate

BEST - Ron

I hope I did this right.....

01_handsome_devil_bridge_7472.jpg

Le Pont Du Diable

03_jodi_car_7465.jpg

Jodi Rose

04_weddingceremony_7518.jpg

The Ceremony

05_weddingceremony_7510.jpg

"Do you take Le Pont Du Diable to be your bridge?"

07_bridge_ring_exchange_7523.jpg

"Oui! I Do" ...... and she places the ring on her bridge

10_bride_bridge_ring_7526.jpg

Mr & Mrs Diable

13_bridge_bride_married_7560.jpg

Officially Symbolically United

signed on behalf of Mr Le Pont Du Diable by Simon Le Forgeron (Ceret) with Theresa and Tommy as witnesses

22_wedding_party_7615.jpg

The Wedding Party celebrates

23_bride_and_bridge_7621_crop.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE BRIDE AND HER BRIDGE

for more info on Jodi Rose and her work, visit her blog BRIDGELAND! = http://jodirose.wordpress.com/

BEST - Ron