Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Soul Channeling Through My Art

SoulChanneler

...aaannnd there we go. (I was waiting for that.)

There is no way to refute any of your claims because you flicked the internal switch that says "I'm right because I have a divine ability!"

There is no way any of us could prove you didn't have a "spiritual awakening", just as there is no way you could prove that you did.

I have read and participated in a lot of threads where wild claims are made, arguments are had, and 9 times out of 10, the OP claims to be "enlightened" in some way that gives him power in the conversation. Guess how those kinds of threads end? (SPOILER: they don't.)

All that matters is that you believe you are seeing souls in your art. The burden of proof is on you, but unfortunately "souls" aren't something you can prove, per say.

There is no way to refute any of your claims because you flicked the internal switch that says "I'm right because I have a divine ability!"

There is no way any of us could prove you didn't have a "spiritual awakening", just as there is no way you could prove that you did.

I have read and participated in a lot of threads where wild claims are made, arguments are had, and 9 times out of 10, the OP claims to be "enlightened" in some way that gives him power in the conversation. Guess how those kinds of threads end? (SPOILER: they don't.)

All that matters is that you believe you are seeing souls in your art. The burden of proof is on you, but unfortunately "souls" aren't something you can prove, per say.

I don't have power in this conversation because I claim to be enlightened. I have power in this conversation because I AM enlightened. From what you have written I can only assume that you do not understand this power that I choose to use. But GOD gives people many gifts. Let me ask you a question. Do you believe Albert Einstein's theory of relativity because it's something you can prove? What would you think of his theory if you couldn't prove it? Where did he get his information to create something that never existed before?

I've noticed a general lack of "feelings and emotions" from most of the replies in this thread.

The reason I bring this up is because people usually purchase art and view art because of a connection they've made to that artwork.

Why would one try to leave feelings and emotions out of viewing a piece of art? Or if somebody likes a piece of art, why would its orgin matter?

Why do you want to refute what he says he does even if you could? Why do you care? I dont understand that.

• Like 1

Yeah yeah... we already know your powers... that you can even channel aliens into your frying pan:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=241570

So how much is it worth? a million dollars? 10 million dollars? 100 million dollars?

Yeah yeah... we already know your powers... that you can even channel aliens into your frying pan:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=241570

So how much is it worth? a million dollars? 10 million dollars? 100 million dollars?

If SpiritWriter believes that she can channel aliens in her frying pan then more power to her. I have no good reason not to belief her. You see, I'm not interested in what the rest of the world thinks about what I think. I can do my own thinking on my own. What's it worth? It's worth what somebody is willing to pay. How do you justify that?

• Like 1

If SpiritWriter believes that she can channel aliens in her frying pan then more power to her. I have no good reason not to belief her. You see, I'm not interested in what the rest of the world thinks about what I think. I can do my own thinking on my own. What's it worth? It's worth what somebody is willing to pay. How do you justify that?

Lol that was more of a joke but it was a spontanious configuration of vegetables that formed an obvious face none the less.. I dont know how I feel about exploiting souls for cash....

• Like 2

...You see, I'm not interested in what the rest of the world thinks about what I think...

So, why did you start your thread then?

Personally, I like your art. It's original.

Paranormally, I find it entirely lacking.

• Like 1

I'm really confused

Yeah, you are really confused, Likely Guy. Maybe you should go take a nap.

I don't have a problem with your art.

I will give you a valuable piece of information so please pay attention. What you say on these boards, on the internet or the America wide web will follow you around forever. In your case, you are trying to sell art, which people will be able to get your personal information. This wont be "SoulChanneler" because you cannot cash a check with that on it unless you change your name to SoulChanneler. (Not unheard of. See fighter War Machine).

You do not need to sell Sakari and others your Art. This is not your client base. Do you think you have gained any potential clients here by telling someone to go take a nap and that you would like to fight them in Jacksonville? Be professional. If people don't like your methods, who cares? You have several billion more people to entertain and persuade with your magic photo gallery.

All I'm saying is that if Silvia Brown could make it by being an all around what the heck then you could definitely make it as an artist as long as you find your right market. Take some of this energy towards Sakari and go find someone who may get comfort out of the services that you provide. If you truly feel that you have this gift, how about you try to put it to some good use without a price tag attached and get the word out? This will do a lot more for your name then arguing with some dude that you will never meet up with in person to fight, about how you would like to meet up and fight them. Who wants to drive 1500 miles out of pocket, fight someone for 1 - 2 minutes, and then drive back 1500 miles home? Well, who wants to probably doesn't have money to do.

• Like 2

Why do you want to refute what he says he does even if you could? Why do you care? I dont understand that.

Do you believe every wild claim you hear, without question?

I don't have power in this conversation because I claim to be enlightened. I have power in this conversation because I AM enlightened.

That is an incredibly arrogant claim, don't you think?

From what you have written I can only assume that you do not understand this power that I choose to use. But GOD gives people many gifts.

So we should just believe anyone who says that have magic powers without requiring any proof?

Let me ask you a question. Do you believe Albert Einstein's theory of relativity because it's something you can prove? What would you think of his theory if you couldn't prove it? Where did he get his information to create something that never existed before?

That's a silly question. His theory of relativity is something everyone has experienced personally because it's a subjective experience. We have all experienced an hour at work that drags on, just as we've all been having a great time and an hour has felt like 5 minutes. He was simply addressing (in scientific terms,) a phenomenon we have always been aware of.

No one here claims to have divine power but you, which is the heart of my argument. Just like Einstein in the question you asked me, if you make a claim, you are required to prove your claim is correct. If you can't prove it, don't make the claim as can destroy your credibility.

• Like 2

So we should just believe anyone who says that have magic powers without requiring any proof?

No I dont believe everything I hear but what other people do or believe they are doing doesn't bother me either. I would rather let them feel ok about their livlihood than try to bring them down for no good reason. In fact I would question you more than him because it is perposterous to require proof from this sort of thing. I feel that you dont have the authority to require proof of anything from anyone and especially anything metaphysical since that is an area of high subjectability. When it comes to me needing to validate another persons endeavors its only when it is directed at me. This persons art in no way jeprodizes anything in my world. Now if he told me the spirit told him I needed to buy it, hang it in my home and it would start talking to me or bring me wealth then I would have the need to question it. But it doesn't impact me at all and seems to bring him pleasure so for that I see nothing wrong with what he's doing.

And I dont find it arrogant either...

Very interesting articles and pictures. Thank you for sharing. However, I didn't seeing anything similar to what I am doing...no artwork done with watercolors and the process I use, so you can not say that I am not the 1st person to claim to do what I say I can dousing the materials that I use, again, which is dripping watercolor on canvas and finding the souls in the drippings. Unless I missed something, what you've shown here is not what I do. You are making claims based on a theory you have which in your mind catagorizes my work with this other work. Your findings are faulty, unless I missed something.

I am not a con-artist, but an artist. If you fail to see value in my work, well, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I do disagree with you, however, in your findings about my art.

In your response to my dreaming about making millions of dollars from my work. I hope that happens for me and my family. That wouldbe wonderful, and I believe that to be a real possibility.

Yes, you missed something I said. My words were: "claims that are quite similar to yours". and then I quoted those examples.

So you want it to be a little more specific, right? souls/spirits in drip paintings?

http://www.anomalist.com/reports/painting.html

http://www.nobullart.com/index.php?L1=gallery&gallery_id=C25UID1RDZ&category=American%20Indian%20Spirit%20World

http://www.nobullart.com/index.php?L1=gallery&gallery_id=C25UID1RDZ&category=American+Indian+Spirit+World&start=20

Now I have a question for you: What is the ratio between your drip paintings in which you are able to find souls and those in which you don't find any souls? Is it 1:0? Also, are you sure your hands are not operating in a biased manner while making these paintings just because your mind is intending to "channel" souls in them?

What is the definition of credulity in your dictionary?

• Like 2

Why do you think my art is original?

Why do you find it entirely lacking, paranormally?

I started this thread because I wanted feedback on my art and what it represents. When I say I'm not interested in what other people think, what I mean is that how I feel about my art is not going to change because somebody disagrees with how I feel about the art I do. Everybody is certainly entitled to their opinion.

No

I'm not asking you to believe anything. I'm not even asking you to accept what I do, so what makes you think I need to prove to you that I can channel souls? What proof are you looking for? What would I need to do to prove to you that I can channel souls, when the proof is right there in front of your eyes?

That's a silly question. His theory of relativity is something everyone has experienced personally because it's a subjective experience. We have all experienced an hour at work that drags on, just as we've all been having a great time and an hour has felt like 5 minutes. He was simply addressing (in scientific terms,) a phenomenon we have always been aware of.

No one here claims to have divine power but you, which is the heart of my argument. Just like Einstein in the question you asked me, if you make a claim, you are required to prove your claim is correct. If you can't prove it, don't make the claim as can destroy your credibility.

Ah, "it's a subjective experience." Don't you think that how people feel about the art they see is a subjective experience?

Art is not science and never will be, so therefore my art is not science and never will be, so therefore I don't need to prove I can channel souls. You see my channeling of souls AND my artwork are one in the same thing.

Soul Channeler, You said in one of your posts

Thank you Jesse Custer for your comment. I appreciate it.

Don't you think you're coming on a little strong, Mr. devil's advocate?

Me finding souls in my paintings could be something that people have known about for thousands of years, but no one's ever thought to do something about it. Have you ever thought about it like that? Well, I've decided to take advantage of that gift, and I'm not saying I'm the only one who can do it.

Who are you to say these souls don't exist? Are you an expert in the paranormal? Even if you were, it would still be your opinion that you have to offer because you can't prove anything, but I appreciate you taking a devil's advocate position on the issue.

Belief starts within the self just like disbelief starts with the self. It sounds to me like you are a disbeliever.

By the way, it's not a perfect image of a soul, but then again, who's to say what a perfect image of a soul looks like anyhow?

Sincerely,

Greg

You are claiming that you know what a Soul looks like. Therefore shouldnt you also know what a perfect one looks like? That was also your claim...that it was not a PERFECT image of a soul. I am assuming..you must have something to compare it to? The perfect soul? I paint with watercolors..and I could make the same claim as you..I can see faces etc..but to claim them as souls seems a bit of a far stretch to me. But artists are a little eccentric now arent they....

• Like 1

Yes, you missed something I said. My words were: "claims that are quite similar to yours". and then I quoted those examples.

So you want it to be a little more specific, right? souls/spirits in drip paintings?

http://www.anomalist...s/painting.html

http://www.nobullart...an Spirit World

http://www.nobullart... World&start=20

Now I have a question for you: What is the ratio between your drip paintings in which you are able to find souls and those in which you don't find any souls? Is it 1:0? Also, are you sure your hands are not operating in a biased manner while making these paintings just because your mind is intending to "channel" souls in them?

http://www.anomalist...s/painting.html

http://www.nobullart...an Spirit World

http://www.nobullart... World&start=20

The most interesting work is in the 1st link. Salvador certainly has captured some interesting images that look to me like souls in his work. I don't see everything that he claims to see, but I do see a face with a nose, eyes, and a mouth. However, Mr. Valdez does not claim to have a talent for channeling souls. He would like to claim he has that talent, but regrettably he can not. I do claim to have the talent of channeling souls. And again, I firmly believe in using water in my works because water has in it spiritual power beyond our knowledge. I learned that from my spiritual awakening.

The other two links offer drip paintings, but the drips are not used in the same way that I use them. The drips in the other two links are used as part of the actual image that the artist is painting, but the drips themselves are not creating any souls.

gullibility. Is there some sort of lesson I'm supposed to learn here?

I started this thread because I wanted feedback on my art and what it represents. When I say I'm not interested in what other people think, what I mean is that how I feel about my art is not going to change because somebody disagrees with how I feel about the art I do. Everybody is certainly entitled to their opinion.

I think that your art is original because I've never come across your approach before. In your avatar picture I can see two different faces.

Paranormally, I find it lacking because I'm just not going to go 'off on your say so', just because you said thus. That's a huge leap in the imagination.

That said, thanks for clarifying why you started this thread. But, like you said, "I started this thread because I wanted feedback on my art..." Surely, you didn't think that it would be all positive, considering your claims?

Perhaps the "Writers and Artists Hangout" forum would have been a more appropriate place to post it?

Anyways, good luck with what you're doing. :)

In fact I would question you more than him because it is perposterous to require proof from this sort of thing. I feel that you dont have the authority to require proof of anything from anyone and especially anything metaphysical since that is an area of high subjectability.

I think you need to look around and remind yourself of where you are. This the UM forum; any claims can be, and are, subject to scrutiny by peers. Have you ever participated in a thread about UFO's? How about the bigfoot threads? You could almost say the the very purpose of this forum is to analyze and interpret information related to "unexplained mysteries" and either prove or debunk theories. I don't think anyone needs authority to ask questions. SoulChanneler claims he has divine abilities and can find human souls in his art. I am simply asking him to back those claims (seeing "souls" in his art isn't something he can prove, I understand that.) You're taking this very personally...why?

• Like 1

I think you started this thread to sell some pictures. How many paranormal websites have you spammed trying to make a buck? :td:

• Like 2

The most interesting work is in the 1st link. Salvador certainly has captured some interesting images that look to me like souls in his work. I don't see everything that he claims to see, but I do see a face with a nose, eyes, and a mouth. However, Mr. Valdez does not claim to have a talent for channeling souls. He would like to claim he has that talent, but regrettably he can not. I do claim to have the talent of channeling souls. And again, I firmly believe in using water in my works because water has in it spiritual power beyond our knowledge. I learned that from my spiritual awakening.

The other two links offer drip paintings, but the drips are not used in the same way that I use them. The drips in the other two links are used as part of the actual image that the artist is painting, but the drips themselves are not creating any souls.

Salvador claims to have captured "souls"/"spirits" in his drip painting and that he had no intention of capturing them in the first place. You wanted more specific examples of souls in drip paintings and I gave you more references. Throughout human history there have been people claiming to be ""psychics"/mediums" and many of them tried to portray what they saw/felt in their art. There is nothing new about this kind of art. So your claim:

I am the only artist in the world that can channel souls that communicate in my art. No other artist even claims to be able to do that.

is not justified. You have begun adding specificity to this earlier claim of yours that was quite general for all the "artists" that are "mediums", only after I gave examples to counter it. Moreover, claiming that no other such artist exists, is an absolute statement about a negative which is a logical error. This error can be avoided by qualifying your claim with something like: "I have personally not come across any artist.....".

Also, you have also sidestepped my questions, I will repeat them again:

1. What is the ratio between the drip paintings that you make in which you are able to find souls and those that you make in which you don't find souls?

2. What makes you so sure that that ideomotor effect is not taking place while making these paintings because your mind wants to "channel" souls in them?

And a couple of questions more:

3. This is your statement in your profile: "I capture these souls, blow them up with photo editing software, and show them to the world.". To what extent do you use photo editing software in your art?

4. What is your role in making these paintings using drip technique other than pouring paint onto the canvas? Please be specific.

gullibility. Is there some sort of lesson I'm supposed to learn here?

Who am I to teach you any lesson Mr. Furie. You are an "enlightened" person, aren't you? I'm glad this word exists in your dictionary. I hope you are aware that frauds and charlatans do exist in the paranormal field. And I'm sure you will figure out in which pocket you want to keep this word when you go out on a casual walk in these forums.

While replying to posts, if seperating them with quote tags is not convenient, you can color your responses with a different text color to avoid the mixing up.

Edited by XingWi
  • Like 1

There's new posts on Greg's blog...

I must say, this thread is fascinating.. It's like Ravenhurst Manor all over again with belief overtones of Ripper Van Gogh.. And yep, like Ripper Van Gogh, Greg has started posting UM interest in his work on his blog. It was an advertising ploy for Mr. Larner, I suspect it is also an advertising ploy for Mr. Furie as well. And just today, the blog is morphing to detail problematic points brought up here in the UM, much like Ravenhurst Manor.

• Like 3

Salvador claims to have captured "souls"/"spirits" in his drip painting and that he had no intention of capturing them in the first place. You wanted more specific examples of souls in drip paintings and I gave you more references. Throughout human history there have been people claiming to be ""psychics"/mediums" and many of them tried to portray what they saw/felt in their art. There is nothing new about this kind of art. So your claim

Yes, I agree with you that Salvador claims to have captured souls that he had no intention of capturing, but for him, this was a one time experience. Please correct me if I'm wrong because I might be, but I don't think Salvador believed he had the ability to capture souls any time he wanted. I think I remember reading that he thought of his experience as some sort of portrayal of his own sinful nature.

is not justified. You have begun adding specificity to this earlier claim of yours that was quite general for all the "artists" that are "mediums", only after I gave examples to counter it. Moreover, claiming that no other such artist exists, is an absolute statement about a negative which is a logical error. This error can be avoided by qualifying your claim with something like: "I have personally not come across any artist....

You are right. I haven't personally come across any artists that channel souls in their artwork. Do any of the artists that you know of who channel souls claim that the souls can communicate? Because I do make that claim. I'm not saying that every soul I channel communicates by talking, but there is more than just one way to communicate a message. We're talking about the paranormal, so there is alot of unchartered territory that needs to be examined. I think I have opened a major door to the afterlife that needs to be studied. Keep in mind that I've only just recently begun to channel souls. The last time I did it was 20 years ago, so I'm looking forward to some very interesting experiences with the souls I channel, and of course, I plan on sharing those experiences as they occur.

1. What is the ratio between the drip paintings that you make in which you are able to find souls and those that you make in which you don't find souls?

So far, I've been able to find souls in about 1/3rd of the drip paintings I've done so far. However, I've channeled more that one soul in some of the works. And, that doesn't necessarily mean that there aren't more souls in the paintings.

2. What makes you so sure that that ideomotor effect is not taking place while making these paintings because your mind wants to "channel" souls in them?

I don't photograph every soul that I see. I will only photograph a soul if I feel the soul has expression, just like us humans have expression on our faces. If I see something that looks like a soul, but has no expression on it's face then I won't photograph it. Also, the souls I photograph need to have eyes, a nose, a mouth, hair (unless it's a bald soul), a mustache etc., but that varies from soul to soul. Just like humans don't look alike, souls don't look alike. Some souls are posing for their picture, some have surprised looks on their faces, some may look very intense, some have their mouths open because they're saying something etc.

3. This is your statement in your profile: "I capture these souls, blow them up with photo editing software, and show them to the world.". To what extent do you use photo editing software in your art? Very little. I may add brightness and contrast to bring out the facial features. Now, for artistic purposes I will probably manipulate color, so that the soul can be seen in different colors, and sometimes I need to manipulate color to help bring out the soul's facial features and expression.

4. What is your role in making these paintings using drip technique other than pouring paint onto the canvas? Please be specific. I'll mixed water with watercolor using a paint brush and lightly glide the brush horizontally across the canvass using different colors. I may soak the brush in water to go over the wet canvas to create more drips in different sections of the canvas. Lighter colors mix well with darker colors, and as long as I'm mixing the colors with water, I can't miss.

Who am I to teach you any lesson Mr. Furie. You are an "enlightened" person, aren't you? I'm glad this word exists in your dictionary. I hope you are aware that frauds and charlatans do exist in the paranormal field. And I'm sure you will figure out in which pocket you want to keep this word when you go out on a casual walk in these forums.

While replying to posts, if seperating them with quote tags is not convenient, you can color your responses with a different text color to avoid the mixing up.

Salvador claims to have captured "souls"/"spirits" in his drip painting and that he had no intention of capturing them in the first place. You wanted more specific examples of souls in drip paintings and I gave you more references. Throughout human history there have been people claiming to be ""psychics"/mediums" and many of them tried to portray what they saw/felt in their art. There is nothing new about this kind of art. So your claim:

is not justified. You have begun adding specificity to this earlier claim of yours that was quite general for all the "artists" that are "mediums", only after I gave examples to counter it. Moreover, claiming that no other such artist exists, is an absolute statement about a negative which is a logical error. This error can be avoided by qualifying your claim with something like: "I have personally not come across any artist.....".

3. This is your statement in your profile: "I capture these souls, blow them up with photo editing software, and show them to the world.". To what extent do you use photo editing software in your art?

4. What is your role in making these paintings using drip technique other than pouring paint onto the canvas? Please be specific.

My main issue with this and other types of paranormal phenomena is that it's trying to find patterns in somethings that is random and unpredictable by nature - your drip paintings, the noise generated by a camera sensor in low light conditions, background noise on audio recordings, etc.

Whether or not ghosts or demons or whatever communicate or manifest via these methods, you're going to find things that look vaguely like faces and sound vaguely like voices if you look/listen hard enough. Blindly running them then through audio and photo filters to 'enhance' them doesn't help as unless you know what you're doing and you know what is really there, you're just distorting what's there.

The real question is, what methodology is there to sort the real deal from the pareidolia everyone knows exists in random patterns? How do you sort the genuinely random patterns that look kinda like faces from the manifested souls and ghosts that look kinda like faces?

My main issue with this and other types of paranormal phenomena is that it's trying to find patterns in somethings that is random and unpredictable by nature - your drip paintings, the noise generated by a camera sensor in low light conditions, background noise on audio recordings, etc.

Whether or not ghosts or demons or whatever communicate or manifest via these methods, you're going to find things that look vaguely like faces and sound vaguely like voices if you look/listen hard enough. Blindly running them then through audio and photo filters to 'enhance' them doesn't help as unless you know what you're doing and you know what is really there, you're just distorting what's there.

The real question is, what methodology is there to sort the real deal from the pareidolia everyone knows exists in random patterns? How do you sort the genuinely random patterns that look kinda like faces from the manifested souls and ghosts that look kinda like faces?

t Personally, I don't photograph every image I see that is or could be a soul in my art. There's lot's of faces in artwork that probably are souls, but I want to photograph the strongest looking souls I see. Souls resemble humans in my artwork. Now, I don't know (at this point) whether souls actually do look like humans or do souls manifest to look like humans (and animals too) in my art to make contact.

Now, I don't know (at this point) whether souls actually do look like humans or do souls manifest to look like humans (and animals too) in my art to make contact.

So, you don't have a clue as to how a soul should look like, but you're very sure that you're taking a photo of one? Interesting...

• Like 1

BTW SoulChanneler, if you want people to browse your website for the purposes of viewing or purchasing your art, you need to streamline it seriously.

It causes this laptop to have a heart attack and a quick check reveals why - your blog homepage involves downloading 74 megabytes of data and involves over 500 HTTP requests. That's insane. For comparison, most web pages are <1Mb, the Unexplained Mysteries homepage I just checked is 0.7Mb.

Put some breaks in there dude.

• Like 1

So, you don't have a clue as to how a soul should look like, but you're very sure that you're taking a photo of one? Interesting...

W Yes, I am sure that I am taking photos of souls. What I am questioning about the souls is do they actual look like humans in their realm, where they live? When listening to an EVP is that the actual voice of the soul, or does the actual voice of the soul go through a filter of some sort, so it can be heard on this plain?

BTW SoulChanneler, if you want people to browse your website for the purposes of viewing or purchasing your art, you need to streamline it seriously.

It causes this laptop to have a heart attack and a quick check reveals why - your blog homepage involves downloading 74 megabytes of data and involves over 500 HTTP requests. That's insane. For comparison, most web pages are <1Mb, the Unexplained Mysteries homepage I just checked is 0.7Mb.

I do apologize for that JesseCuster. I should have a website up and running by the end of this month. Any suggestions on what the domain name should be?