Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's happened to my Mind's Eye?

kizmetkat999

There's this thing that happens when we lay down and close our eyes, but don't fall asleep. We see images in our mind. Whole completely random pictures of say, a dog, then a babbling brook, a race car. Still images. Nothing to do with what you've been doing. Sometimes they are things that I don't ever remember seeing before. And the images change rapidly. I've heard lots of people say they have them. Ok ever since I can remember I have had them. Until I met my boyfriend. I was 41 when we met. He had also experienced these images himself throughout his lifetime. From early on in our relationship when we'd be laying down he would say. 'I can see a ....in my mind's eye.' For a few months I continued to have them. Then one day I realized that I hadn't seen any in quite a while. Its not the kind of thing you can make happen. It just happens. But not for me, not any more. I often tease him, telling him that he stole my mind's eye.

But seriously, what do you think happened to them?

One possibility...

Your frontal lobe represents nearly a third of your entire brain and is the last region of the brain to develop and the first to decline with age. From early adolescence to young adulthood, the frontal lobes, and the intricate connections between them, are undergoing dramatic functional and structural changes that remodel the brain’s complex connectivity and advance its capacity to engage in integrated, reasoned, and high-level thinking. Sadly, brain science has shown that frontal lobe function begins to decline in our mid-forties.

How does it feel to perhaps only have two decades of prime brain health? What a depressing thought! The good news is that cognitive decline occurs because we let it; it does not have to be a fait accompli and predetermined destiny. You can strengthen the brainpower of your frontal lobe every day of your life.

—snip

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/make-your-brain-smarter/201301/go-full-frontal-be-smart

Of course different parts of the brain are used while we imagine both within the frontal lobes and the limbic system.

Maybe you two reached a level of maturity where you are able to focus on one another rather than trying to extract meaning from meaningless images.

There's this thing that happens when we lay down and close our eyes, but don't fall asleep. We see images in our mind. Whole completely random pictures of say, a dog, then a babbling brook, a race car. Still images. Nothing to do with what you've been doing. Sometimes they are things that I don't ever remember seeing before. And the images change rapidly. I've heard lots of people say they have them. Ok ever since I can remember I have had them. Until I met my boyfriend. I was 41 when we met. He had also experienced these images himself throughout his lifetime. From early on in our relationship when we'd be laying down he would say. 'I can see a ....in my mind's eye.' For a few months I continued to have them. Then one day I realized that I hadn't seen any in quite a while. Its not the kind of thing you can make happen. It just happens. But not for me, not any more. I often tease him, telling him that he stole my mind's eye.

But seriously, what do you think happened to them?

They are still there. You are just in a different place at the moment. Wake up very early in the morning mill about read abit until you are groggy again. The lay down and hold your awareness. You will see them again I promise.

Maybe you two reached a level of maturity where you are able to focus on one another rather than trying to extract meaning from meaningless images.

And how would you know what is meaningless or not?

• Like 1

There are two threads on here, where this is talked about. http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=219629 and http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=248251 The second one is more of what you are looking for, but the first one touches on it as well.

I agree with Seeker, they are still there. The ability to see them will come and go, due to a variety of different reasons. I suggest immersing yourself in material associated with mind-site, third eye vision, clairvoyance, etc. That way your mind is more focused/pinpointed onto what you seek.

Best of luck, and hope to see you in the visions/precog/dreams thread(2nd link above).