Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cloud changing shape instantly. Very strange

preacherman76

Well, obviously it's HAARP, but I like these couple of comments;

• You are all watching a craft slightly manipulate time and space from a distance,,,..That is why it is 'jerky'....Its manufactured manipulation of the space and time fabric surrounding the craft.....

• I don't know, therefore aliens. Or government. OR BOTH?!?!

:P

• Like 1

Im not saying any of that. I just thought it was cool.

• Like 2

Infowars.com is run by that psycho Alex Jones who thinks everything is a conspiracy. He posts anything that he thinks his idiotic viewers will eat up, and has been known to post fake stuff. The video looks classic fake. Camera just HAPPENS to be pointing where supposedly HAARP is playing with clouds.

He thinks the clockwork elves are controlling a ruling elite to control humanity. Please don't use his site as a reference.

Alex Jones is the man. Anyhow this video has nothing to do with what people may or may not think about Alex Jones.

What do you mean by saying the video looks like a "classic fake"? Are you a expert in film graphics? I doubt the camera just happened to do anything. To me it looks like who ever got the footage saw something strange with the cloud and started filming. Or maybe it is a fake, I dont know. Again I just thought it was cool. Id appreciate it if folks would hold back thier desire to attack me or the source where the video came from and maybe just talk about what you think of the actual video. If you think its fake, explain why from a technical POV.

That was weird looking. Until the end, it looked like it could've been a reflection from something behind the cameraman.

That was weird looking. Until the end, it looked like it could've been a reflection from something behind the cameraman.

I actualy thought that at the begining of the film. But even the parts of the cloud that do not seem to be bright were moving.

Watching it again, I cant say for sure, but I dont think its a reflextion. The darker cloud below the moving cloud (and at the end is to the right of the moving cloud cause he turned the camera) doesnt show any reflection on it, as the moving cloud seems to go behind it. I would think if it was a reflection the moving cloud would still be seen on the darker cloud. Again, the moving cloud seems to go behind it. I really dont know what to think about it.

I wonder if he had a cheap 1.25 filter screwed to the front, might have had a tiny bit of light bouncing off it causing the effect, not enough to over ride the darkened cloud, but enough to get what you see....

Why where you filming an empty patch of sky??

I didnt make the film. My guess is that who ever did make it, as Ive already explained, probably saw something strange in the clouds, then started filming

Why where you filming an empty patch of sky??

The million dollar question. Like most fakes, they were conveniently filming a patch of sky that happened to experience an "anomaly" and the usually wrong Infowars believed it. HAHAHA! That's all..

• Like 1

One of the comments posted says it's the laser light display in the forum shops at Caesar's Palace in Vegas.

One of the comments posted says it's the laser light display in the forum shops at Caesar's Palace in Vegas.

Oh man that would be cool. This one time me and my cousin were driving by disney land in Florida, the sky was completly cloud covered. All of a sudden there appeared to be thousands of orb like balls all across the sky. For a second I thought I was losing my mind, till I looked over and my cousin was clearly seeing the same thing I was. So I look over to my right, and there on the ground was this huge box with light beems shooting out of it. They were putting on a light show that was strong enough to reflect off the clouds. But that was at night. If they can do that during daylight hours that would be amazing.

Nope, that won't load for me either.

I went to youtube, and looked up "cloud changing shape instantly" and this is the first video that came up... Is this what's in the links?

Yep thats the one. I watched this one and at the end they show a bunch of other related video's. The first one was this

Whats up with that? There are actualy alot of these video's that supposedly show 2 suns at the same time this year. How could anyone think thats happening? It would be pretty hard to miss 2 suns setting in the sky at the same time, yet there are alot of video's saying it happened. If people are gonna waste thier time making video fakes, they should at least make ones that arent so easy to debunk.

Is the cloud changing shape or is there a bright light source changing direction rapidly causing it to reflect differently off the cloud?

• Like 1

These things are always vague (as in usually no information at all) as to where & when and so on, aren't they, so people can't check if anyone else in the are at the time noticed anything. Have you noticed that?

And here is an answer - from BadAstronomy

Assuming the video is real, I had a sneaky suspicion it had to do with the electric currents generated inside the cloud, the same currents that create lightning. Clouds can carry huge electric potentials — essentially, the ability to move charges around — and that stored energy can be suddenly released, creating lightning. When that happens, the electric field resets itself, and starts to store up energy again.

But I had no clue how that would make the cloud appear to dance like that!

As it happens, by coincidence, I met Joel Gratz at the

TEDxBoulder talk in September. Joel is a meteorologist who runs websites like Open Snow andColorado Powder Forecast. I sent him the video, and sure enough a short while later he had a reply for me.

Joel had sent the video to Walter Lyons, a meteorologist from

WeatherVideoHD, who was able to identify this phenomenon. Here’s his reply:

The answer lies in this: ice crystals, especially long needles, tend to become aligned with the ambient electric field.

So what you are seeing is sunlight reflecting off ice crystal faces that are constantly being oriented by the developing electric field just above the [cumulonimbus] top. Then there is a discharge in the cloud, and the field collapses momentarily, and the crystals begin to realign again. Then this just keeps happening over and over.

Nibs

• Like 5

Infowars.com is run by that psycho Alex Jones who thinks everything is a conspiracy. He posts anything that he thinks his idiotic viewers will eat up, and has been known to post fake stuff. The video looks classic fake. Camera just HAPPENS to be pointing where supposedly HAARP is playing with clouds.

He thinks the clockwork elves are controlling a ruling elite to control humanity. Please don't use his site as a reference.

[media=]

[/media]

He works himself up so much its hilarious

And here is an answer -from BadAstronomy

Nibs

Cool stuff, thanks Nibs! Ain't our world a wonderfully mysterious and surprising place?

Cheers,

Badeskov

Auh ! I thought we were onto the Doorway to Heaven or at least the Stairway to Heaven !

que Song ! :tu: