Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Artist makes his drawings leap off the page

Commander CMG

When artist Alessandro Diddi puts pencil to paper, his works really come to life.

• Alessandro Diddi's life-like 3-D drawings are achieved by trick of the mind
  • He uses shading and angles to give them a life of their own

arrow3.gifView: Read more

• Like 3

thats really cool, thanx for the post that was very entertaining

• Like 1

It obviously only works due to the camera capturing his creations in 2D from a precise angle. It wouldn't work if you looked at them in real life, in real 3D. The camera is obviously very much part of his art too. Gifted though.

Oooooh! Brain candy!

Very nice.

:no: What a sad pathetic hoax

We have come a long way since Fillipo Brunelleshi first introduced us to perspective.

We relied on two dimensions prior to that and some earlier works simply drew on the upper part of a painting what was supposed to be in the distance without regard to size.

:no: What a sad pathetic hoax

How is it a hoax?

How is it a hoax?

It is a tricky camera trick not even a clever drawing, it is an impossible illusion lol.

Trick of the mind .... not.

Edited by taniwha
  • Like 1

It is a tricky camera trick not even a clever drawing, it is an impossible illusion lol.

Trick of the mind .... not.

It has nothing to do with the camera. Just looking at the paper from a certain angle would achieve the same effect. I don't know what you mean by impossible illusion.

It has nothing to do with the camera. Just looking at the paper from a certain angle would achieve the same effect. I don't know what you mean by impossible illusion.

Oh what i mean is it is not possible you are only looking at a 2D piece of paper with a 2D drawing on it. At some point a dimension must of been added to achieve the illusion, i would say with cgi or even cut outs.

The only mind trick is if you are fooled into believing it is your mind playing tricks on you. It is artistic nonsense lol :yes:

Oh what i mean is it is not possible you are only looking at a 2D piece of paper with a 2D drawing on it. At some point a dimension must of been added to achieve the illusion, i would say with cgi or even cut outs.

The only mind trick is if you are fooled into believing it is your mind playing tricks on you. It is artistic nonsense lol :yes:

No, it's a flat piece of paper. He has created the illusion of 3D.

Similar to these chalk drawings:

tumblr_lmg6cizqqi1ql2ebto1_500.jpg

3d_lego_chalk_art_2.jpg

Actually this is the best way to explain the illusion:

Edited by DKO
  • Like 1

No, it's a flat piece of paper. He has created the illusion of 3D.

Similar to these chalk drawings:

tumblr_lmg6cizqqi1ql2ebto1_500.jpg

3d_lego_chalk_art_2.jpg

Actually this is the best way to explain the illusion:

[media=]

[/media

Yeah lol lol that was really kool. Thanks DKO , goes to prove my point though that it is a cut out illusion.]

Well of coarse it is. The article wasn't trying to say otherwise.

Well of coarse it is. The article wasn't trying to say otherwise.

Lol its not what the article does say but more what the article doesnt say.... that is that he actually cuts his drawings into shape lol ol... :tu:

• Like 1

Lol its not what the article does say but more what the article doesnt say.... that is that he actually cuts his drawings into shape lol ol... :tu:

Only the edges of the paper to make the illusion look more effective. All the centre is drawn in.

A few more examples to ponder.....

I don't see the point in nit-picking about the way the artist did these drawings, does it really matter! I think they're very good whichever way they were done. I'm also a big fan of optical illusions.

Thanks for the post xsas :tu:

• Like 3

Those tattoos were gross - no questioning the talent in producing them, that is clearly awesome but the chosen subject matters on skin - my stomach was turning throughout that ordeal.

• Like 2

Lol its not what the article does say but more what the article doesnt say.... that is that he actually cuts his drawings into shape lol ol...

Perception itself could be construed as illusion but perhaps not as hoax.

Cutting out sections seems to be part of the "illusion" but it is still done on flat surfaces. Photoshop and printing is perhaps involved since some of these textures seem rather glossy and realistic.

Still, all in all, uber creative.

• Like 1

Those tattoos were gross - no questioning the talent in producing them, that is clearly awesome but the chosen subject matters on skin - my stomach was turning throughout that ordeal.

Ooh yeah, not even clicking because I will probably feel the same.