Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Am i seeing Aura's or is it Synesthesia?

stevemagegod

Okay guys i have been seeing random colors on people,animals, and objects for the last couple of years now since my sophomore year of High School. Some of the colors i be seeing are blue, yellow, red, orange, green, and white. Like for example i could be talking to two people at the same time and and one person has this bright blue color around them, and the other person i don't see a thing. The same thing goes for objects, and animals. One object/Animal has a bright color surrounding it while everything else is normal. It seems like it is random when the colors appear on someone/something. Although i feel if someone is annoyed about something i see it better than if they were calm. Hell i have even seen my own "Aura" on my arms at random times to.

Personalities→Color Synesthesia?

In a very limited form perhaps. It does not have to always be there with everyone you see or even every part of them.

Edited by The world needs you

sounds more like auras Synesthesia is where you taste colors and words, at least that"s what I thought it meant

i suffer from synasthaesia, most likely from years of halucinogens in large quantities, and i can tell you that "joop" aftershave smells the way that purple tastes, or that a D minor chord is brown with silver streaks running through it, and what you're seeing isn't the same.

you maybe need to see an optician, it sounds like you could have glaucoma or cataracts forming or something.

or auras.....

• 2 weeks later...

I have synesthesia and it's not because of any drugs in my case because I don't do drugs. I was born this way and I'd bet Shrooma was too. I consider my synesthesia a gift. Basically, the premise is that when you're a baby, all your senses are connected and as you get older, they separate into hearing, taste, etc. But in some people, the senses maintain some contact with each other. I have the most common type of synesthesia where I see what I hear. Words, letters, and numbers show up in my mind in color. I see voices and music all the time. My favorite song to "watch" is the theme from Star Trek the Next Generation because I can see the low blue notes and the high yellow notes and the see the cymbals (if that's what they are) in a splash of white - like fireworks. I have a number line and I can also see the months, weeks, and days in mind's eye. Synesthesia has nothing to do with auras' though.

• Like 1