Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

One surveillance camera for every 11 people

questionmark

The British Security Industry Authority (BSIA) estimated there are up to 5.9 million closed-circuit television cameras in the country, including 750,000 in “sensitive locations” such as schools, hospitals and care homes.

The survey’s maximum estimate works out at one for every 11 people in the UK, although the BSIA said the most likely figure was 4.9 million cameras in total, or one for every 14 people.

Both projections were higher than previous estimates which ranged between 1.5 million and four million.

Read more

Feeling safe?

In order to save the government time I've installed forty-seven CCTV cameras in my house.

None of them are in my toilet.

• Like 1

the only people who need to worry about CCTV cameras are the ones up to no good.

• Like 1

In order to save the government time I've installed forty-seven CCTV cameras in my house.

None of them are in my toilet.

Why not?

• Like 1

In the village where i live we have a grand total of 12 cctv cameras...... 9 of them are in the council offices car park, shows you where their priorities are doesn't it?

• Like 1

Why not?

Toilet time is my time.

the only people who need to worry about CCTV cameras are the ones up to no good.

The question is who gets to decide what "up to no good" is

Toilet time is my time.

While you seem to suffice with having a private life while sitting on the loo, I prefer to have my whole life private.

Notice the difference?

I prefer to have my whole life private.

Well in that case you should come live in my toilet then, it's very clean and the rent is cheap.

Well in that case you should come live in my toilet then, it's very clean and the rent is cheap.

... and the only place in your house you can be yourself... I certainly would not want to take that away from you.

• Like 1

... and the only place in your house you can be yourself... I certainly would not want to take that away from you.

You're a good man.

I was hoping you'd accept my offer, I was going to use the rent money to buy an extra CCTV camera.