Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Registered organ donors given priority

Still Waters

The approach, which would see registered donors jumping the queue ahead of patients who were not registered, is part of a new strategy to increase the number of organs being donated in the UK.

Officials have also called for more smokers, drinkers and elderly people to register as donors to increase the supply of organs due to the national shortage in donations.

http://www.telegraph...ransplants.html

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wickian

• Still Waters

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm undecided if I want my organs to be donated after my death. I've read a lot of stories of shady dealing with injured organ donors.

I just read an article the other day about an organ donation gone wrong where doctors ordered nurses to give someone who was pronounced dead a powerful sedative after the family gave them the O.K. to harvest the organs of a family member the doctors told them was dead. She was pronounced dead by the doctors despite breathing independently of a respirator, having muscle movement and passing reflex tests.

Fortunately that woman woke up anyway right on the operating table.