Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hatred and love

markdohle

Hatred and love

Hatred is perhaps one of the greatest sources of suffering, though it may not be understood as that. Love the greatest source of healing. To experience the true love of another, to trust it, to embrace it, can be one of the greatest sources of healing in ones life and perhaps the only one for what really matters. Without trust however, that is impossible to embrace. To trust in God’s love, can take many years to accomplish, though perhaps it just happens at ever deeper levels as one matures in faith.

• Like 1

Hatred and love Hatred is perhaps one of the greatest sources of suffering, though it may not be understood as that. Love the greatest source of healing. To experience the true love of another, to trust it, to embrace it, can be one of the greatest sources of healing in ones life and perhaps the only one for what really matters. Without trust however, that is impossible to embrace. To trust in God’s love, can take many years to accomplish, though perhaps it just happens at ever deeper levels as one matures in faith.

I couldn't find the love of spirit until I learned to love myself. Until then I was blind. I saw everything through filters of my own making and believed that what I was seeing was reality. Changing how I held myself changed how I saw the world. Was is Plato or Socrates who said "Know thyself?"

Hatred and love

Hatred is perhaps one of the greatest sources of suffering, though it may not be understood as that. Love the greatest source of healing. To experience the true love of another, to trust it, to embrace it, can be one of the greatest sources of healing in ones life and perhaps the only one for what really matters. Without trust however, that is impossible to embrace. To trust in God’s love, can take many years to accomplish, though perhaps it just happens at ever deeper levels as one matures in faith.

some times love, instead of healing, can crush and torment a soul

love can be one of the most brutal forces on earth, but if used or found in the proper ways be the most awsome force on earth, love is the planets perfect oxy moron, one must secumb to the darkness, before embracing the light- original quote from me

Hatred and love

See the hippies were right after all.

• Like 1

agreed

• Like 1

Of course we were, and still are! Re: love. If it's crushing, painful, brutal, etc. it's not love. It's something else masquerading as love. If what you're experiencing is brutal, crushing force, it's not love, and you would be well served to identify the emotion driving that behavior. Love IS healing, compassion, all those things we were taught. We'be been fed the myth of love as pain since we were kids, in songs & stories. I even wrote a country song called "If it Don't Hurt, in Cain't be Love." poking fun at the concept.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

some times love, instead of healing, can crush and torment a soul

That would not be love. That would be the loss of love.

I'm not sure I could bear loosing one of my children, but that is not really about them it's about me.

I have come to believe that loveing one another is the entire purpose of existence. The ultimate expression of consciousness. What else makes the chaos of this universe worth all the trouble?

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

I would think 'love' of the sort that comes from the depths would involve suffering, since control of others is the exact opposite of love. Even parents, know that their love allows the child to grow ever more independent, and I am sure that is not always easy. To smother, or to try to control by guilt etc., is something else called 'love' but in the end destroys that which it seeks.

peace

mark