Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you keep a diary?

pantodragon

When I saw that you had posted a comment, I was expecting it to be in your usual abusive mode. Should I be offering sympathy or commiseration? Are you ill, off colour, or maybe a pet has died?!!

Every time I read your melodramatic posts I feel my brain cells are.

Anyway I see you're well on your way to removing modern technology from your life.

you say we should be ashamed of what we chose to write, why? at any rate, i am not worried about what people might do with my writing after i am gone. i'll be dead! not in much of a position to care.

• Like 1

So what are you saying, I don't share to the point of getting other peoples germs or any of that, I lock the door when I go to the bathroom. I'm a very private person, I don't have Facebook or MySpace, I'm generally a reclusive person, I have a very small circle of friends. If someone took my writings after I was DEAD there would be nothing I could do about it. The fact that I wont get embarrassed by them reading my writings its mute, because for one I would be DEAD, and Two I highly doubt ANYONE would benefit off of it.

Actually it doesn't matter whether you are alive or dead. We live in a world where people ferret out and gather personal details about anyone, anywhere, anytime, and which other people are avid to read. Whether you realise it or not, this is inhibiting. What happens is this: the awareness of a potential reader causes your mind to install a "policeman" who polices everything you write and ensures that you do not write anything that might cause interest/problems i.e. you supress many of your real thoughts, feelings etc. Many people say that they write nothing that they would be ashamed of --- this just means the policeman has done his job, and he's been there so long you are not aware of him. He probably started in childhood. This is doing serious damage to your health.

you say we should be ashamed of what we chose to write, why? at any rate, i am not worried about what people might do with my writing after i am gone. i'll be dead! not in much of a position to care.

No, I am not saying we should be ashamed of what we write. As to being worried about what people might do with your writing when you are dead, see my reply to R4z3rsPar4d0x --- an awareness of what happens after death affects us in life.

Every time I read your melodramatic posts I feel my brain cells are.

Anyway I see you're well on your way to removing modern technology from your life.

Don't hold your breathe........................my commiserations on the state of health of your brain cells....it explains much!.

Edited by pantodragon

Actually it doesn't matter whether you are alive or dead. We live in a world where people ferret out and gather personal details about anyone, anywhere, anytime, and which other people are avid to read. Whether you realise it or not, this is inhibiting. What happens is this: the awareness of a potential reader causes your mind to install a "policeman" who polices everything you write and ensures that you do not write anything that might cause interest/problems i.e. you supress many of your real thoughts, feelings etc. Many people say that they write nothing that they would be ashamed of --- this just means the policeman has done his job, and he's been there so long you are not aware of him. He probably started in childhood. This is doing serious damage to your health.

LMAO so can I ask you some questions.

Did you burn all the things you wrote? If so why?

Do you have a Facebook or MySpace?

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x

all right, i'll grant that people can self censor, and even do it without being aware of it. sometimes this are things we learn in order to stay safe or alive, and i don't think the blame should lay on the person who has learned to censor themselves because that's what they need to do to stay safe. it is a negative thing, but i don't think it's just a thing of the modern world, though.

LMAO so can I ask you some questions.

Did you burn all the things you wrote? If so why?

Do you have a Facebook or MySpace?

I dispose of most of the stuff I write, not to mention paint, draw, or otherwise create, at regular intervals. Maybe every few years or less. It's more than just privacy. It's moving on and letting go the past. But if something's very private, it will be disposed of more quickly. The internet is a problem. So all I can really do is make sure I publish nothing private.

You might understand this better if you recognise that I like the craft of writing and therefore much of my writing is simply done fro the [pleasure of writing and it is therefore pointless to keep it.

I do not have a Facebook or MySpace account --- well, I set up accounts in both years ago but they are defunkt.

i love to look at them to see how much ive grown since them, i will never dispose of them

I dispose of most of the stuff I write, not to mention paint, draw, or otherwise create, at regular intervals. Maybe every few years or less. It's more than just privacy. It's moving on and letting go the past. But if something's very private, it will be disposed of more quickly. The internet is a problem. So all I can really do is make sure I publish nothing private.

You might understand this better if you recognise that I like the craft of writing and therefore much of my writing is simply done fro the [pleasure of writing and it is therefore pointless to keep it.

I do not have a Facebook or MySpace account --- well, I set up accounts in both years ago but they are defunkt.

But don't you think that might be the reason there's very little originality in this world, everything's clones of everything else because people feel that if they think outside of the box they'll be ridiculed.

P.S. thanks for replying

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x
  • Like 1

But don't you think that might be the reason there's very little originality in this world, everything's clones of everything else because people feel that if they think outside of the box they'll be ridiculed.

P.S. thanks for replying

well said good sir. well said indeed! the world is to "babied" in modern society, people need to live a little

• Like 1

There is something sinister in the act of burning books..

Imagine if the diary of Ann frank was burnt? What a loss to the world that would have been..

Personally I hope they find my diaries when I go & make a movie about it. :lol: Wont that be a crazy show. I've only got dream diaries..

There is something sinister in the act of burning books..

Imagine if the diary of Ann frank was burnt? What a loss to the world that would have been..

Personally I hope they find my diaries when I go & make a movie about it. :lol: Wont that be a crazy show. I've only got dream diaries..

Hey where is your avatar from Amsterdam?, because they have one of those in Amsterdam

Hey where is your avatar from Amsterdam?, because they have one of those in Amsterdam

My Avatar is from New Zealand.

Is made of concrete.. I make them in my shed.

23pphz.jpg

• Like 1

My Avatar is from New Zealand.

Is made of concrete.. I make them in my shed.

23pphz.jpg

WOW nice work :tu:

Yes, I do, and more, they have got so used to wearing the "mind forg'd manacles" that they have become incapable of thinking outside the box, and more, they have got so used to the "mind forg'd manacles" that they have lost awareness of them and are under the illusion that their life inside the box is normal.

Yes, I do, and more, they have got so used to wearing the "mind forg'd manacles" that they have become incapable of thinking outside the box, and more, they have got so used to the "mind forg'd manacles" that they have lost awareness of them and are under the illusion that their life inside the box is normal.

but by you getting rid of the stuff you've written aren't you kind of playing into the hand of trying to conform?

but by you getting rid of the stuff you've written aren't you kind of playing into the hand of trying to conform?

Don't know what you mean here. Explain?

My oldest brother told me at a young age never to put anything in writing that you don't want to share with the world. He should know. He has been married 4 times.

Don't know what you mean here. Explain?

Ok, if I write something incredibly original and against the grain of the common thinking, and think to myself nobody will accept this because its not a clone of everything else around, and destroy it, I'm in essence conforming to the world and what it views as good or not