Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Should Hunger Strikers be Force Fed?

and-then

http://www.timesofisrael.com/government-mulls-force-feeding-hunger-striking-prisoners/?utm_source=The+Times+of+Israel+Daily+Edition&utm_campaign=10d581ec81-2013_07_11&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_adb46cec92-10d581ec81-54430521

Interesting quandary. The strikers are in prison and are protesting that it is unjust. Israel (or the US) will be called barbaric if they allow them to die. Israel will be called barbaric if they force feed them. If Israel releases them it is proven they will take up arms again. In fact the ONLY solution is for Israel to admit defeat, pack up and de-camp Palestine. Since that is NEVER going to happen, a reasonable human being would ask that the bloodshed be stopped and an agreement be finished. Apparently THAT is never going to happen either. These guys in Israeli prison or at Gitmo who want to end their lives through protest should be allowed to imo. But when the day comes that a prisoner can dictate their sentence by refusing food... well there's an idea that should catch on quite lively :)

http://www.timesofis...81ec81-54430521

Interesting quandary. The strikers are in prison and are protesting that it is unjust. Israel (or the US) will be called barbaric if they allow them to die. Israel will be called barbaric if they force feed them. If Israel releases them it is proven they will take up arms again. In fact the ONLY solution is for Israel to admit defeat, pack up and de-camp Palestine. Since that is NEVER going to happen, a reasonable human being would ask that the bloodshed be stopped and an agreement be finished. Apparently THAT is never going to happen either. These guys in Israeli prison or at Gitmo who want to end their lives through protest should be allowed to imo. But when the day comes that a prisoner can dictate their sentence by refusing food... well there's an idea that should catch on quite lively :)

here is a middle solution ! give them back their rights !

How would you force feed someone ?

When I was little I my friend who was 2 years younger then I would threaten to bite herself if is didn’t get her way. Something would happen and she would say “I’ll bite myself” and the other kids and I would just say go ahead your not hurting us. I view hunger strikes the same way, let them, they’re not hurting anyone but themselves.

• Like 4

Strapped down through a tube inserted in the nose that leads to the stomach.

Edited by The Silver Thong
  • Like 1

Strapped down through a tube inserted in the nose that leads to the stomach.

arughh man .. that sound like torture !

i always though they'd bring sexy nurses who'll tickle you till you open your mouth and shove the spoon inside

• Like 2

arughh man .. that sound like torture !

i always though they'd bring sexy nurses who'll tickle you till you open your mouth and shove the spoon inside

lol that sounds a hell of a lot better....

• Like 2

But if the food is provided for them, and they refuse to eat it, can anybody really be held responsible, besides the starving protester?

I know this goes a lot deeper than being stubborn because prison food sucks...but srsly?

• Like 1

here is a middle solution ! give them back their rights !

As I said, it's never going to happen because what they are demanding is nothing less than the dissolution of the state of Israel. They only want all the land and reparations..... good luck with that. If they want to make a statement by becoming worm food then I say let them. It's much better than killing strangers on a bus or in a restaurant.
  • Like 1

Hospitals have to do it all the time with very ill patients. A small plastic tube is inserted down the nose and into the stomach. A protein liquid is infused that nourishes them, keeping them healthy (physically). The real downside is that they have to be restrained or they would pull the tube out over and over.

http://www.timesofis...81ec81-54430521

Another psychotic statement from our self-proclaimed christian-zionist member. You call yourself a christian yet constantly call for death of individuals..... hardly the christian way of practicing what christians preach.... in fact its sounds very extreme.

Its a slippery slope my friend. Once a prisoner is allowed to starve them self to death it opens the door to a greater atrocity to occur within the prison system.

I think you should be ashamed of yourself.

ian brady's been on hunger strike for years now.

if i had my way, i'd force-feed him his own s**t 'til he died.

and take away his toothbrush too.....

• Like 1

Another psychotic statement from our self-proclaimed christian-zionist member. You call yourself a christian yet constantly call for death of individuals..... hardly the christian way of practicing what christians preach.... in fact its sounds very extreme.

Its a slippery slope my friend. Once a prisoner is allowed to starve them self to death it opens the door to a greater atrocity to occur within the prison system.

I think you should be ashamed of yourself.

I do not care what someone like YOU thinks of me. I will gladly stand before my Creator when the day comes. And as to the premise that a prisoner should not be allowed to kill themselves with hunger - I agree. But I see you do not deny the quandary. The starvation is just another tool to defy the jailer. It's a no lose, right? Die, you win, live you win...in every case Israel (and the US at Gitmo) will be blamed. So I say okay, blame us. No problem. It really doesn't matter when the game is rigged anyway.

I assume that you are saying the force feeding should be done to save their lives, yes?

I do not care what someone like YOU thinks of me. I will gladly stand before my Creator when the day comes. And as to the premise that a prisoner should not be allowed to kill themselves with hunger - I agree. But I see you do not deny the quandary. The starvation is just another tool to defy the jailer. It's a no lose, right? Die, you win, live you win...in every case Israel (and the US at Gitmo) will be blamed. So I say okay, blame us. No problem. It really doesn't matter when the game is rigged anyway.

I assume that you are saying the force feeding should be done to save their lives, yes?

Leave god out of politics man.

• Like 1

Leave god out of politics man.

Kind of hard to do when the one's who are killing us are very much in tune with their version of god. For my part I don't beat anyone over the head to convert them. But I owe no one a duty to be silent about my beliefs as long as I don't attempt to force them on anyone.

we are not talking about me... we are discussing your extremist christian belief in killing prisoners of war.

Kind of hard to do when the one's who are killing us are very much in tune with their version of god. For my part I don't beat anyone over the head to convert them. But I owe no one a duty to be silent about my beliefs as long as I don't attempt to force them on anyone.

Your pro Israel and your personal faith somehow make it justified doesn`t it. I would not one drop of blood spilled in my non belief. Jesus told you to preach in your own home did he not.

we are not talking about me... we are discussing your extremist christian belief in killing prisoners of war.

I think some think we are in a religious war. Maybe we are but again some just can`t turn the other cheek.

Truly disgusting the way some Christians want to use their faith as justification to harm others.

• Like 2

by the way fellow

the hunger strikers requests are not what " and then " says

or at least that's what i saw on newsd

they are striking to protest on being neglected and for being in prisons for far too long without trial

and they been treated badly in prisons

and not to mention the recent 5-years old boy arrested by israel

if what i've seen on news is true .. then you are deforming facts " and then "

their hunger strike had nothing to do with what you said

• Like 3

No YOU are creating a straw man. I never said anything about killing anyone - I said they should be allowed to commit suicide if that is what they want to do. And of course I was pointing out the hypocrisy of people like yourself and their reactions to this situation. It starts and ends with Israel at blame and Israel being illegitimate. It's like a rhyme learned by a simple minded 3 year old. Doesn't make much difference in the behavior of adults in the real world.

by the way fellow

the hunger strikers requests are not what " and then " says

or at least that's what i saw on newsd

they are striking to protest on being neglected and for being in prisons for far too long without trial

and they been treated badly in prisons

and not to mention the recent 5-years old boy arrested by israel

if what i've seen on news is true .. then you are deforming facts " and then "

their hunger strike had nothing to do with what you said

Their strike is to be released as the Israelis foolishly did some other felon earlier. They saw a weakness (others think of it as a show of humanity) in Israeli pols and now they think they can use international pressure to force Israel to release another group of people who will immediately return to the fight. It amazes me how one sided all this is until I remember that the whole situation has been preordained and so has the outcome. A VERY bloody lesson is coming and there isn't anything Arab, Muslim or Jew can do to stop it at this point. Sad thing is that most people will refuse to learn from the lesson. The God of Israel is about to utterly destroy those who come against it. And when that happens there is going to be no room for a serious, unbiased person to make excuses. Neither the IDF nor the US is going to be responsible for it.

The God of Israel is about to utterly destroy those who come against it.

This contribution is not welcomed.

This type of fundamentalist religiosity is the problem.

• Like 2

Most of what you say in these forums isn't much welcomed by me either Britney, but I read it and give it it's due consideration. I do that because EVERYONE here has a right to be heard. Take what you want and leave the rest.