Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman spends 15 yr building miniature village

Still Waters

A great-grandmother has spent 15 years carefully making net curtains, kitchen tables and plush sofas - all for a miniature village which now fills her spare bedroom.

Lily Barton, 73, has dedicated precious hours to creating her own community called 'Barton Village' featuring fully-furnished model homes complete with electricity, furniture and mini residents.

http://uk.news.yahoo...69.html#txwdd4y

• Like 1

That's so nice they found a hobby they can do together.

• Like 1

Cool,until they put a Motorway through the original and erase the village hall due to dry rot.

How neat. I'm glad she invites others in to see it. I like their gardener on the bench- so many details. I have always liked and been fascinated by anything in miniature. I wanted to live in Madurodam.

Cool,until they put a Motorway through the original and erase the village hall due to dry rot.

lol

Now that would be an example of art imitates life!

• Like 1

It is really cool. I have a friend that makes little rooms for people to use as nightlights or tissue boxes. She makes mini exact copies of baby nurseries for gifts at baby showers and scenes from weddings for wedding presents. It's amazing.