Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

3:30am

chelshea

3:00 or 3:30 am is a time when 'Ghosts and demons come out to play'. If you wake up at this time almost every night, you may experience major urges of fear and you will sweat more than usual. Some say if you wake up at that time a lot... there is a 75% chance someone or something is staring at you. If you have this problem, listening to calming sounds or music will help. Keep a night light or a dim lamp on. Sont be scared when you wake up then, you can even just sit up and look around, see that there is nothing there, and lay down knowing there is nothing to be afraid, which there probably isnt. If this problem occurs to you hope this gave you some info on the topic, just remember nothing will hurt you. You wont wake up, open your eyes, and see two big eyes staring at you. Just be calm and go to sleep.

• Like 5

Nah I wake up at generally 1 a.m. and am up till the sun comes up, It usually needs my help to rise :tu:

Some say if you wake up at that time a lot... there is a 75% chance someone or something is staring at you.
Source for this claim?

I'm usually going to bed at 3:30am

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure this is a natural sleep pattern. Only with the advent of artificial light and our constantly going to sleep later have we came with the idea of sleeping all through the night. In earlier times villagers would light up a pipe, chat, or get frisky.

So yes, nothing to fear.

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

It's pretty normal for someone to wake up many times during the night because deep REM (rapid eye movement) sleep comes in shifts of 90 minutes, even if you wake up for just a few seconds. So you never know

Guest Nathan DiYorio

You wont wake up, open your eyes, and see two big eyes staring at you.

Woke up about twenty minutes ago, and man... You're a liar! They were right in my face!

Edited by Nathan DiYorio

I have always been a night person, but for a couple years in my early 20's I had a regular 7 am- 4 pm job and would actually sleep in the night. It was weird for me. Even now in my mid 30s with two kids, I work nights and can't stand the daytime... Anyways, during these couple of years that I worked days, I would wake have strange dreams and wake up and look at the clock and it would always say 3:33 am. I knew it was too strange to be a coincidence, but never had an explanation. Until now!

• 2 weeks later...

They say that the body does some form of blood sugar rest around that time. Many people attribute it to the number of hours since they ate dinner. I've also heard it's a women thing. Same thing about a hormone reset at that time. Whatever it is, I'll pass. I'm Tired of waking up at 0300 for no decent reason.

Our poltergeist activity starts way earlier...pretty much any time after dark. It seems to get more intense after maybe 11 pm and starts tapering off in the early morning hours...maybe 4 or 5 am.

• 2 weeks later...

I wake up at 4:30 am for some reason

To change the wet sheets?

So it's that time that you're referencing about .

can be a number of reasons. but has anyone you known crossed over at that time ?

or was born at that time ?

The window air conditioner next to the bed came on, and suddenly, a Horse came crashing through the window! It Jumped on the bed to get over us, barely missed trampling on us, and galloped through the bedroom door! I tried to yell, "A Horse! A Horse!", but my mouth seemed stuck!

Then my wife woke me up and said I was making noises.

... there is a 75% chance someone or something is staring at you... just remember nothing will hurt you. You wont wake up, open your eyes, and see two big eyes staring at you.

I'm confused.

And why can I sense them (=wake up) but my dog can't? Believe me, she's no fan of strangers in her bed.

But I would enjoy a lullaby or massage so I could go back to sleep. Worthless spirits!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure this is a natural sleep pattern. Only with the advent of artificial light and our constantly going to sleep later have we came with the idea of sleeping all through the night. In earlier times villagers would light up a pipe, chat, or get frisky.

So yes, nothing to fear.

lighting up a pipe sounds like a good idea !

• Like 1

I wake up a 3.30 every morning.. thats my set body clock.. nothing spooky.. scarey.. anything like that..

Does daylight savings time ever factor into this?

When it is spring forward or fall back time, does the local time still say 3:30am when people wake up or events are supposed to occur?

I am being serious, I have read many reports and articles about "Dead Time" and certain times that are considered paranormal or have odd coincidences. I have never really seen anyone explain if time zones and more especially daylight savings time have a role in this at all.

• Like 1

I am being serious, I have read many reports and articles about "Dead Time" and certain times that are considered paranormal or have odd coincidences. I have never really seen anyone explain if time zones and more especially daylight savings time have a role in this at all.

I've seen that question asked many times before. Never heard an answer. The whole thing has all the classic symptoms of a modern Internet urban myth.

When I was younger, every I knew seemed to "know" that midnight to 1am was when the boogeyman and evil spirits were up to no good.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was up at 4 AM every morning thanks to my butt head cats...

The other night I woke up at 4AM and our power had gone out, so I got up to use the washroom. On the way by I peeked out my peep hole of my apartment and all I saw was blackness, was kinda creepy :P but nothing supernatural happened, I just hate the dark!

• 3 weeks later...

My son wakes up at 3:30 almost every night but since daylight savings, it's now 2:30.

So annoying, biorhythms are.

Clock time does not exist, it's just an idea, albeit a very persistent one.

• 3 weeks later...

I haunt my bathroom at 0330 hours.

LMAO! Thanks for that mate.