Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Abandoned house haunting

Winchester94

Hey everyone, I've been on this site a few years now but had hardly any time to post anything as I have recently been offered a new job in the military. Anyway, the point of this post is one of my first paranormal experiences.

A few years ago, when I was in my mid-teens, I would always stay at my best friend's farm which had quite a lot of abandoned houses/properties on it. By the way this all happened in Australia. One day we decided to go and check out some of the houses, and the events that occurred at one house in particular have never stopped haunting me. This house was a double storey, with a very large basement and the last resident to have lived there was a widowed woman in her 40's who eventually committed suicide. I gained this information from my best friend's father who has an extensive knowledge of the farm. So the three of us were exploring this house, and ended up going into the basement, this is where it gets scary. A few minutes after entering the basement, the door behind us continued to open and close, the whole room felt completely cold and we all could hear a faint whisper saying 'I miss him so much'. We figured she was referring to her husband. After that, we hastily left the basement and ran out of the house. As I turned to look back, I swear I could see the figure of a woman standing by the front door. My best friend and his father saw her as well. From that day on I have believed in ghosts, or spirits of the deceased. Just thought I should share one of my stories since I had some time.

• Like 7

I'm also a believer after seeing the ghost of my cat. It's weird and awesome at the same time seeing something like that.

• Like 2

Wow that must have been quite an experience as well ahah. It is weird, at first I couldn't sleep, I mean what we had just saw...hardly anyone would believe us if we told them. Sometimes I still dream of that day and wake up in a cold sweat, it's not cool.

• Like 1

Wow, that's really creepy....

I'm also a believer after seeing the ghost of my cat. It's weird and awesome at the same time seeing something like that.

I believe in ghosts, but I never, ever want to see one. It would freak me out too bad!

• Like 3

I wasn't scared at all. I just couldn't believe I was really seeing one. I'm glad I did, makes me realize death isn't the end.

• Like 2

I'm also a believer after seeing the ghost of my cat.

I'd like to be able to see my cat's ghost. :(

Wow very spooky and scary Experience!!

And since you all say the door move and ghost..

There is no way anyone can say it's in your head.

Wow would've been cool if you guys got it on tape as well!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm convinced that most ghost encounters and hauntings are the product of your mind and not s random encounter. Case in point. GGetting rid of a ouja board and suddenly it all goes away.

• 4 months later...

Hey their winchester.

Interesting story. We have a lot of abandoned houses here. As a kid I always wondered abouth there history? Many a times me and mates would explore the foundations.

One place I got creeped out.

(tho not related). Being an aussie and all. Your age and your (new) job makes me question if we have PMed other on another forum?

You dont give you location. But are you in the process of building a Bagged HQ.. White? :)

My enitials are C*****B*** over thier if its the same guy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting and creepy. It is strange how some abandoned buildings can have an eerie feeling the moment you walk into them, and others not at all. I believe my Aunt's house was haunted. We were able to pull up floor boards and find things that had fallen through the cracks to give us a little more insight to the history of the house. I wonder if anyone could do the same on the farm you refer to.

• 4 weeks later...

hardly anyone would believe us if we told them.

Yep. That's how it is. You were either sleeping, hallucinating or your crazy. It's nice to see that many of the people

here think outside the box.

Awesome story btw!

Almost all of my research was in abandoned homes. All my experiences were amazing and very interesting. In one of my stories I was sitting on a crate and it broke and I hit the floor. The next night I came back and the crate was in perfect shape. Many things happened in this home from one of my excellent evps of an old train that used to go by the old house in the 80's.

Hi! I am a new member and I have a personal experience with a otherworldly experience in a abandoned building. I bought an old building in an old frontier town in South Dakota and kept up the taxes on it and did maintenance on it to keep it standing like paint, etc, but never lived there. I had taken a job out of state and after a couple years, fell on hard times when the company I worked for was closed down. So, I moved back to South Dakota and used my savings to renovate the inside to make it habitable like put plumbing inside and etc..

After living there for about 8 months I was sitting on the sofa and felt 3-4 pokes or nudges on my upper right shoulder and as if this wasn't creepy enough a male voice said "Can you feel that?". That was so wierd, I never mentioned it to anyone except my sister. She thought it was funny.

After that my father died suddenly at the age of 56....I wonder if the presence was a predator that killed him, (he had been in my home supervising construction) so whatever was in the building knew my dad.

After my dad died I never went back there to live and moved into my father's house. Other wierd things happened after that in my dad's house like it foolowed me but thats another chapter in wierdness.

I believe in ghosts too... One time I was siting in m room and watching TV and suddenly I heard someone or something knocking on my wardrobe door. Sound came from the inside, it was like 5 - 6 times with small interval. I got really scared, when I got all my courage and opened that door, my rooms doors moved a bit. I couldn't fall asleep that night. Luckily that was first and so far last time of experience like this for me...

I saw a ghost there where people on the porch of the house they did not it

Uh, what?

hey winchester94 ,

Good story , I am also an aussie and spent a lot of time on a mates farm as a kid , whilst we never expirenced anything that dramatic we there where certain areas of the main house that scared me and he had the same thing on his property with abandoned out buildings , there was a suicide and several fatal accidents , my mate had a freaky expirence in the shearing shed , , so yeh I know how creepy some of these places can be ,

the fact all 3 of you heard her is cool , are you still mates with this bloke ? you should go back and investigate , at least take some photos of the house