Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Superhuman Intelligence: bad idea?

ouija ouija

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2360555/Is-superhuman-intelligence-bad-idea-Experts-warn-quest-greater-knowledge-lead-evil-psychosis.html

Is it foolish to boost IQ as much as possible to the detriment of enhancing empathy and social skills? Which is more important?

• Like 1

http://www.dailymail...-psychosis.html

Is it foolish to boost IQ as much as possible to the detriment of enhancing empathy and social skills? Which is more important?

Why would they not go together? They seem to be present in many doctors, teachers and nurses already. The more empathy the better the job. A high IQ with high emotional intelligence may be will only enrich both.

Peace

Mark

• Like 2

I agree with you Mark, it's just that in the article they were making the point that IQ tends to be favoured over everything else. That is the 'prize' we are encouraged to gain: a high IQ.

I would think that I.Q. is independent of empathy or morality. Mobster kingpins and drug lords probably have high I.Q.'s and great social skills, for instance. I mean, these kinds of people don't get to the top without the intelligence to understand and manipulate subordinates. These are social skills, aren't they?

If I suddenly had a higher I.Q. I suppose I would be a better musician, artist and story teller, and a better debater here, but I don't think that I would suddenly become a better person. I might even think of new ways of self-promotion, which may or may not be detrimental to anyone who stood in my way to success.

• Like 2

I.Q. only really measures one type of intelligence. It's the only accepted test they can seem to come up with, though many experts agree it is slanted towards one type of thinker.

• Like 2

That guy never met my neighbor kid. The kid is a genus and is the most kind and generous young man it my pleasure to meet. He gets my rock collection.

• Like 1

Hmmmm, but how would they try and raise someones I.Q. Naturally, I mean some people just are not good with certain tasks. and the whole emotion loss thing I would think that would depend on the persons personality type?

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x
  • Like 1