Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kidnapped Groom's Terror

ouija ouija

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2361686/Grooms-terror-kidnapped-16-masked-men-stag-prank-driving-fiancee-country-lane.html

This is one of those articles that just leaves me shaking my head and thinking the world has gone mad :hmm:

What were these (not that)young men thinking? The potential for something to go wrong was immense. I think they are very lucky that: 1) this wasn't the moment it was discovered the groom had an underlying heart problem, 2) a local farmer/some ramblers didn't see the event and call the police out, who would be armed, 3) they weren't stopped by the police for some reason when driving around in the van ..... the van with a man tied up in the back of it.

If the police had become involved, for whatever reason, what a huge waste of their time(and funds), it would be.

If a member of the public had stumbled across the scene, how traumatic would it have been for them?

'A Stag Prank'?!! Gimmee a break! This is pathetic ...... and sad to think of all the time and effort they felt was worth putting into it.

As for the bride-to-be who was in on the 'joke' .......... my god! who would want to be married to someone who thought subjecting you to that was funny?

• Like 3

oh wow this is rediculus

• Like 1

That is right up my street.. the amount of times we have pulled stunts like that.. sorry guys, I loved it.

• Like 1

That is right up my street.. the amount of times we have pulled stunts like that.. sorry guys, I loved it.

Aren't you old enough to see how mind-bogglingly irresponsible it was?

• Like 1

He could of had a heart attack, then his family would want some sort of compensation.

indeed

Aren't you old enough to see how mind-bogglingly irresponsible it was?

No.. I just have a different sense of humour to most, I have done far worse that this in the past.

I would have called off the wedding and dumped her. If she's willing to be that ruthlessly cruel just for giggles.. it's just flat out wrong. I do have a sense of humor, and a lot of pranks are indeed funny... Purposeful terrorizing isn't one of those funny pranks.

• Like 2

I've heard of this done before to grooms.. .I think some lads find it fun...I am glad he didn't take a heart attack with fear and shock...It's not something I would find as funny...I'd would have taken a heart attack if it was me that they done that too.. Over here first thought would be - Terrorists..!!...Anyhoo no harm, no foul..thank goodness

The green thing they got him to wear...Now that is offensive.. My defenceless eyes lol :cry:

:P

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 2

I've heard of this done before to grooms.. .I think some lads find it fun...I am glad he didn't take a heart attack with fear and shock...It's not something I would find as funny...I'd would have taken a heart attack if it was me that they done that too.. Over here first thought would be - Terrorists..!!...Anyhoo no harm, no foul..thank goodness

The green thing they got him to wear...Now that is offensive.. My defenceless eyes lol :cry:

:P

When I read the groom's surname I thought, god! that makes it even more frightening for him if it happened in Ireland. If that had been the case he could well have had a heart attack no matter how strong his heart was!

No.. I just have a different sense of humour to most, I have done far worse that this in the past.

Such as?

• Like 1

I have known pple who find crap like this funny, I always shoo them out of my life and never look back

I have a sense of humor, love jokes! I have pulled practical jokes on people, but unlike those who enjoy this stuff, i actually minimize problems, I would never ever ever do something like this because potentially it could make me a murderer if the person had a health issue (my mother died from a brain anurism, I myself suffer from a condition known as afib, both my mother and myself pass/ed off as healthy, when in fact this kind of prank is deadly to pple like us)

I dunno, adults who never grow up tend to get on my nerves.

• Like 1

When I read the groom's surname I thought, god! that makes it even more frightening for him if it happened in Ireland. If that had been the case he could well have had a heart attack no matter how strong his heart was!

Absolutely frightening it would be beyond frightening....It wouldn't exactly go down too well over here...!!!

• Like 1

I would have called off the wedding and dumped her. If she's willing to be that ruthlessly cruel just for giggles.. it's just flat out wrong. I do have a sense of humor, and a lot of pranks are indeed funny... Purposeful terrorizing isn't one of those funny pranks.

Personally, I would have instead arrange to have "police" at the ceremony to arrest the idiots who did this. Now if they could have been pranksters posing as police, well and good. But then again actually bringing up charges against his mates and bride to be with the police formally would be a better way to make them see sense.

• Like 1

Overnight it ocurred to me that at the time of his abduction, not only would he have been absolutely petrified regarding his own safety, he would also have been beside himself with worry over what might be happening to his fiancee.

• Like 3

Overnight it ocurred to me that at the time of his abduction, not only would he have been absolutely petrified regarding his own safety, he would also have been beside himself with worry over what might be happening to his fiancee.

Good point, I never thought of that.. The thoughts rushing through his head would likely be - What's happened to my fiancée? What if I never see her again? All sorts of fears would flood anyones brain, in that precise moment in time..

If people keep doing these sort of pranks, I feel that one day it may go horribly wrong..Pranks don't always turn out like people plan.....Then that's when they all stand pointing the finger and chanting - "But, it was HIS idea".."No, it was YOUR idea, you came up with it " AND goes on from there...The usual, not wanting to take responsibility for their own actions...

• Like 1

That's exactly what I thought.

This goes beyond a fun prank. Grabbing him without masks, forcing him to put on the mankini and bike a couple miles would be enough to traumatize him.

• Like 1

if it was me, i think the guys running around filming it with their mobile phones would've given the game away.

call me crazy, but i tend to notice stuff like that.

This kind of antic isn't anything new, but what they did was far too extreme. It didn't stop their wedding though as they've since got married -

A groom who was left with a contagious stress disorder after being “kidnapped” in a stag do prank has finally been able to marry his fiancée.

http://www.telegraph...e-the-knot.html

• Like 2

if it was me, i think the guys running around filming it with their mobile phones would've given the game away.

call me crazy, but i tend to notice stuff like that.

People film anything and everything these days; in fact perpetrators of violent crimes seem especially keen to have a record of what they've done so I don't think that would be a clue. The groom developed shingles because of the stress of the incident so it doesn't sound as if he realised what was going on for quite some time ....... hours, in fact.

You got to know your mate pretty well to pull something like this off...it can go the other way - we considered something similiar to this when my best mate shaun got married a few yrs back. But I see what fear did to him when cornered by 4 guys once outside a pub...I think he would have gone mental and knocked us all out tbh lol....we opted for Amsterdam instead, far less stressful...

• Like 2

it doesn't sound as if he realised what was going on for quite some time ....... hours, in fact.

that's another odd thing Ouija, the distance from bath to exeter is less than 70 miles, not even an hour on a motorway.

in these kinds of situations, you become hyper-aware of your surroundings, so surely you'd recognise the voices of your closest friends....?

not many terrorists around with a west country accent id've thought!

(especially ones wearing ill-matched track-suit bottoms & jumpers....)

:-)

Pranks like this amaze me.... Every day we see in the news people doing awful things to each other, and we wonder why people can be so horrid to each other. And then you get pranks like this, which some folks find funny. If we are willing to be this cruel to people we know and like- and find it very funny to be cruel to them... Is it any wonder that we do horrible things to strangers?

• Like 3

If we are willing to be this cruel to people we know and like- and find it very funny to be cruel to them... Is it any wonder that we do horrible things to strangers?

that depends on your perspective Rashore.

to me, it was just an over-elaborate prank, and as XSAS pointed out, people do much worse, especially in the tradition of stag party pranks, but i doubt anyone would seriously consider doing anything like this to someone they didn't know.

what baffles me was the groom's reaction.

bristol is hardly beruit, and if some guys, dressed in track-suit bottoms, jumpers, and balaclava's, all filming everything on mobile phones, ON THE DAY OF MY STAG PARTY, who sounded just like my mates, bundled me into the back of a van, then i think i would've been able to put two & two together without developing herpes!

(just how DOES someone develop a viral infection from fright anyway? not the usual transmission method of a virus if you ask me.....)

Edited by shrooma

to me, it was just an over-elaborate prank, and as XSAS pointed out, people do much worse, especially in the tradition of stag party pranks, but i doubt anyone would seriously consider doing anything like this to someone they didn't know.

bristol is hardly beruit, and if some guys, dressed in track-suit bottoms, jumpers, and balaclava's, all filming everything on mobile phones, ON THE DAY OF MY STAG PARTY, who sounded just like my mates, bundled me into the back of a van, then i think i would've been able to put two & two together without developing herpes!

(just how DOES someone develop a viral infection from fright anyway? not the usual transmission method of a virus if you ask me.....)

Its not what you think of what you had or have done, its other people around you that will think of something different. If this was in different town or different country, chances are that someone could get hurt or even killed

Yeah, you are right, it's all perspective.

He didn't develop herpes per se, as in the STD kind... It was shingles. To my understanding, pretty much anyone that had chicken pox can develop shingles under the right conditions.