Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Amazing Crop Circle: Hackpen Hill

Tau Ceti Xeta

I agree, I've no issue with it, it's just that zoser's post made it sound like it might be a general trend amongst skeptics of threads in general being started, as opposed to what it really is, a single poster complaining about the threads of a particular poster. No need for him to start off on a whine about skeptics because of it.

When it comes to Zoser, you need to really try hard to push the keyboard back.....Really hard.

Zoser hates skeptics, and to him we are all the Devil..( or Government agents trying to hide things ).... :devil:

Myself, I do not get to much into discussions with him, I have yet to see him actually admit someone was correct. Even when a fact / answer / solved thing happens to one of his youtube pieces of evidence.

Take his replies with a grain of salt, and do your best to just move on.

Just a piece of advice, take it or leave it. :)

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 2

I don't think they said how long it took them, did they? It's relatively small as crop circles go and the three of them did it pretty roughly ....... I don't know, I find it hard to believe that much larger, more complicated patterns can be made(neatly!), in the dark. I know there's a video here of one being made at night, but they do seem to have some sort of light source off to the left, plus, we don't get to see the circle in daylight.

Regarding farmers themselves making circles, I'm not saying it's never been done but I don't think it would happen very often. Crop that is flattened is wasted crop so that has to be paid for somehow. Charging people to 'walk' the circle wouldn't raise much ...... not that many people would want to do that, plus, farmers do not like the public on their property if it can be avoided! They wouldn't want people climbing over fences and hedges to avoid paying(and trampling on even more of the crop in the process) and someone would have to be hanging around all day keeping an eye on all this and collecting money(he/she would want paying presumably) But the main thing is: there's quite a small window when crops can be harvested ...... a farmer is not going to give up harvesting his entire crop because of a crop circle. Financial margins are not that good.

Entire fields are not destroyed though, portions of them are hence compensation, and money is money. It matters little where it comes from most of the time.

Now doing it in one night would be s snap.The trick is in the planning.

To start, you would try to get an arial map, but not necessary, GPS is an amazing tool and accurate. You then just pick a design and start plotting on paper. One person for a day or two, or some mornings and evenings, one could wander out to the field and hammer stakes into the ground at the crucial points using GPS, this could easily go unnoticed just by observing the local community, then once all your points are in place you show up one night with a team of people who have ropes and boards and are assigned to certain Points to attach their ropes to wooden stakes already hammered into the ground and go all night. You can use experience to work out how long it take a person to do one circumference or post point, then you just multiply that by the number of set points in the chosen design, and you will know how may people you need on the night to be finished before day break

Totally doable.

Edited by psyche101

The ETs made it in less than 30 minutes just before sunrise. Could you?

post-140740-0-00599300-1373653145_thumb.

Yes I could.

• Like 1

Entire fields are not destroyed though, portions of them are hence compensation, and money is money. It matters little where it comes from most of the time.

To start, you would try to get an arial map, but not necessary, GPS is an amazing tool and accurate. You then just pick a design and start plotting on paper. One person for a day or two, or some mornings and evenings, one could wander out to the field and hammer stakes into the ground at the crucial points using GPS, this could easily go unnoticed just by observing the local community, then once all your points are in place you show up one night with a team of people who have ropes and boards and are assigned to certain Points to attach their ropes to wooden stakes already hammered into the ground and go all night. You can use experience to work out how long it take a person to do one circumference or post point, then you just multiply that by the number of set points in the chosen design, and you will know how may people you need on the night to be finished before day break

Totally doable.

Which takes us back to the 'open challenge' that some of us in the CCCS issued in 1994. Aside from the natural weather-borne formations and man-made hoaxing; if there were real circle-makers who could create circles and pictograms by manipulating some form of energy, they should have no difficulty in demonstrating such - and thereby their existence - by flattening an entire field (or fields) while leaving standing circles/pictograms.

The challenge is still open...

• Like 2

Tau, it's time for you to actually do the research before making these sort of posts.. READ what Seeder has presented to you on a plate..

But in any case, I think we need to help you along that path, so..

1. Please now support your claim of this being done in 30 minutes before dawn.

2. Why did you refer to it being impossible by two guys with a rope? Are you incapable of imagining more people with stakes, sighting devices, gps, proper pre-planning? If your intention is just to blindly advertise these things, then I think you need to be honest...

As for that design, it's a REALLY easy one, from a geometric p-o-v - simple circles, divided into six points and then lots of stop-start-straightlines? Gee, no human could possibly conceive of such a thing.. :unsure2: As one of *many* ways to do this - perfect circles just require one central stake and a single (or several) marked rope/s. Division into equal segments requires a simple protractor and sightings, eg by led torches or laser measuring/surveying devices (visited a hardware store recently?). Then with more stakes, marked ropes and simple sightings, all those straight line segments can be done by following simple 'scripts'.

I'd estimate that *manually* it could be done by, say, 6 people in an hour or three - more people, less time. The pre-planning is the thing that would take time.

And then, of course, let's NOT talk about automated GPS-driven farm machinery...

3. So where, TCX, is there a proper analysis of this by those promoting it? - one where the likely possibilities are teased out and examined against the actual evidence? Your links are PITIFULLY short on any detail or discussion. Are crop circle believers/pushers generally unable to do the sort of thinking that normal folks can, or .. do they deliberately avoid it?

If i gave you $5 Million, how long would it take you to make an exact copy of the Hackpen Hill Crop Circle?

Be honest and think it through.

I'm willing to help you out and let you make it during the day so you won't have to stumble around in the dark with night vision goggles.

Go ahead and hire 100 people if you want to.

Would the end result look perfect or an absolute mess?

Planning on leasing a stealth helicopter or a balloon maybe?

But why do some appear without rational explanation ?.... just one sign of Revelation ?

Revelation? No.

- Ascension -

Our planet is being transformed into a 4D Planet.

Yes I could.

Seeing is believing. Good luck.

I predict a total and complete failure. BTW, go ahead and create your crop circle during the day. Start at 9AM. When will you finish?

Totally doable.

Would I be right in thinking that you have never lived in rural England? If you had you would know that farmers with crops get hysterical if someone tramples on a couple of square yards! They have to make every penny they can ....... the weather here does not guarantee a good crop every year.

Your sentence beginning "One person for a day or two ....." had me rolling around the floor(almost literally!) laughing! I'm sorry, but it just shows your ignorance of rural life ...... if anyone sneezes, the entire community within a 10 mile radius knows before they've had time to put their hankie back in their pocket! And if there are strangers about, well, the news spreads even faster.

Interesting plan ...... totally impractical.

Which takes us back to the 'open challenge' that some of us in the CCCS issued in 1994. Aside from the natural weather-borne formations and man-made hoaxing; if there were real circle-makers who could create circles and pictograms by manipulating some form of energy, they should have no difficulty in demonstrating such - and thereby their existence - by flattening an entire field (or fields) while leaving standing circles/pictograms.

The challenge is still open...

Do ETs read CCCS? Shame they missed your challenge ;)

OMG, you ARE a troll! Shame on you :td:

I don't get why people make crop circles.. They are pretty and all, but I don't understand the appeal of field art. And why only crop circles, why not do it in the snow too?

Thats so human made I dont where to start

Same location as the one in August 2012.

They're Here!

Just wait for the Field Reports & Articles.

I don't get why people make crop circles.. They are pretty and all, but I don't understand the appeal of field art. And why only crop circles, why not do it in the snow too?

Some are hard to figure out. Remember the one that turned out to be a Fractal Representation of Pi?

Same location as the one in August 2012.

They're Here!

Just wait for the Field Reports & Articles.

Yeah i know and whos here?

OMG, you ARE a troll! Shame on you :td:

So that means - everyone- who dares to create a thread is a - troll -?

Sad.......truly sad.

You are standing in a - No Growth Box - and recoiling in fear of the unknown.

That's no way to go through life my friend.

Some are hard to figure out. Remember the one that turned out to be a Fractal Representation of Pi?

I don't think any of them are hard to figure out... I just don't get the appeal of wrecking some farmers crops for the sake of art. I think they would be more appealing if the people wrecking crops grew gardens in these shapes- like the shape in this post would have been amazing if it had been grown from wildflowers.

So that means - everyone- who dares to create a thread is a - troll -?

Sad.......truly sad.

You are standing in a - No Growth Box - and recoiling in fear of the unknown.

That's no way to go through life my friend.

No. I am aware that you joined just a couple of days ago to post a thread about last year's circle at the same place, presumably to drum up some interest, and now here you are with a link to your business that does guided tours of such sites ...... pfft! How fortunate that another circle was made this weekend.

I don't think any of them are hard to figure out... I just don't get the appeal of wrecking some farmers crops for the sake of art. I think they would be more appealing if the people wrecking crops grew gardens in these shapes- like the shape in this post would have been amazing if it had been grown from wildflowers.

99.9% of the crops are just fine.

However, that Hackpen Hill Cube last year was HUGE and impressive.

Regardless of who built it or why they built it or how long it took to build, IMO it is an excellent design and really quite stunning.

• Like 1

99.9% of the crops are just fine.

However, that Hackpen Hill Cube last year was HUGE and impressive.

Yeah, saw your post about that and the people who made it did a lovely job. But I still don't get the appeal of tromping down some crops for art.