Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Amazing Crop Circle: Hackpen Hill

Tau Ceti Xeta

It seems to me to be about the same size as that done on the video on page 3. So, not so huge. We know that the tractor wheels are like five feet apart, so that makes it roughly 200 feet in diameter. Easily laid out with a 100 meter long measuring tape, like they did in the example video.

I don't see any lines that would be impossible for men to do. The angled lines could easily be done with a 8 inch wide board.

It definately could be done. Quite possibly in one night. Layout could easily be done with poles with chemlights on them, or IR diodes if you want to remain in the dark.

I was converted to believing it was fake when I watched the investigation video (The OP link) and noticed how the plants all seem exactly like they appear when the plants are crushed over. From what I've read "Real" crop circles have the plants bent mysteriously, not crushed over.

As to proving it was man made by make another.... I'd like to see someone build a duplicate of the Great Pyramid, but that ain't going to happen either.

Lets pass on the Pyramid of Giza.

You make it sound so easy. "Quite possibly in 1 night".

Okay, now we are finally getting somewhere. I am willing to help you out. For safety reasons make the - exact copy - during the day.

Start at 9 AM. Work until 9 AM the next day if you have to. Let see what it looks like.

The crop circle mystery would be settled once and for all.

Real or Man Made ?

Once the - exact copy - is finished than we can all compare it to the original. - Then we will know. -

- Seek the truth -

Do we have independent verification that it's a genuine cereal graffiti and not computer manipulation?

Do we have any "lights in the sky" witness reports?

Strange sounds?

What do the locals think happened?

What do you think the message behind the cereal graffiti is?

Oh, i see. You want a report from the field investigators - boots on the ground. That makes sense.

http://www.cropcircleconnector.com/2012/hackpenhill3/hackpenhill2012c.html

Edited by Tau Ceti Xeta

Well sadly I come back to the same old same old.,,, I did think Tau wouldnt still be here to be honest. But I did say Id keep an eye open for more circles and stuff from the air...but never saw any, of course, but I did see the following (article)

So, to chuck something new in the discussion that will give Tau a kingsize wedgie...here we have...

A 13 mile crop circle, in hard ground, in the desert...

a vid for those who like them

[media=]

[/media]

and text link for shrooma and those who cant watch vids

http://beforeitsnews...-2450032.htmlBU

But its not really a 13 mile crap circle, thats the sum, allegedly, of all its lines...

(and yes I also looked into it and again...its man made. Then again, what else could have done it! :tu:

Edited by seeder

Well sadly I come back to the same old same old.,,, I did think Tau wouldnt still be here to be honest. But I did say Id keep an eye open for more circles and stuff from the air...but never saw any, of course, but I did see the following (article)

So, to chuck something new in the discussion that will give Tau a kingsize wedgie...here we have...

A 13 mile crop circle, in hard ground, in the desert...

(and yes I also looked into it and again...its man made. Then again, what else could have done it! :tu:

That's a common tactic. It's called " change the game".

Clearly, making an - exact copy - of the Hackpen Hill Crop Circle is impossible to do in 1 night.

No problem. Change the game.

Okay, forget the Hackpen Hill Crop Circle. Lets talk about the man made mess in my video instead.

Nice try.

Edited by Tau Ceti Xeta

Oh, i see. You want a report from the field investigators - boots on the ground. That makes sense.

http://www.cropcircl...nhill2012c.html

Excellent, thank you.

Any outside of the cereal graffiti field corrobration? Was it in the newspapers? Did Donaldson from the Dairy go and have a shufty? Or are the only people talking about it from the cereal graffiti groups?

You make it sound so easy. "Quite possibly in 1 night".

Okay, now we are finally getting somewhere. I am willing to help you out. For safety reasons make the - exact copy - during the day.

Perhaps you missed the posts on pages 1, 2 and 3 where a group of like 4 or 5 made a crop circle of comparable size and complexity?

I don't see anything in your Hackpen circle that would be especially hard to make.

Did you watch your own video link? The cross hatching shows all the signs of being done with boards. I'd ask that you go back to that video and watch the part where they are taking video on the ground, and look at the cross hatching especially.

Clearly, making an - exact copy - of the Hackpen Hill Crop Circle is impossible to do in 1 night.

What is clearly going on here is that without one bit of supporting evidence you are making definative declarations of Fact..... But, what you really have here is OPINION.

What if there were 100 people involved? Would it still be impossible?

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

Perhaps you missed the posts on pages 1, 2 and 3 where a group of like 4 or 5 made a crop circle of comparable size and complexity?

I don't see anything in your Hackpen circle that would be especially hard to make.

Did you watch your own video link? The cross hatching shows all the signs of being done with boards. I'd ask that you go back to that video and watch the part where they are taking video on the ground, and look at the cross hatching especially.

What is clearly going on here is that without one bit of supporting evidence you are making definative declarations of Fact..... But, what you really have here is OPINION.

What if there were 100 people involved? Would it still be impossible?

I think if you actually turned off your computer, walked out into a beautiful wheat field and took a good look around

at 9AM you would realize the futility of making an exact copy.

I'm thinking you should make a phone call to MIT.

Comment on their attempt to make a crop circle in 2002. Then ask them if they could make an - exact copy - of the

Hackpen Hill Crop Circle in 4 hours. See what they say.

How hard is it to make a phone call?

- I think i already know their response. Do you? -

2560d1265195525-android-so-annoying-youwillforget.jpg

Excellent, thank you.

Any outside of the cereal graffiti field corrobration? Was it in the newspapers? Did Donaldson from the Dairy go and have a shufty? Or are the only people talking about it from the cereal graffiti groups?

Yes, they wrote an article in the dailymail.

"The level of detail and perfection of it is astonishing."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2209554/Crop-cube-looks-like-250ft-3D-block-appears-field-wheat.html

2560d1265195525-android-so-annoying-youwillforget.jpg

Too late. The Dailymail has it firmly in the history books.

- Seek the Truth -

Food For Thought : It's very hard to unring a bell.

Edited by Tau Ceti Xeta

Very interesting design! I can't begin to imagine how crop artists make their job with such precision.

I'm still not convinced by crop circles, though.

Very interesting design! I can't begin to imagine how crop artists make their job with such precision.

I'm still not convinced by crop circles, though.

The good news is that you have an open mind. :tu:

Towards crop circles, not really.

I'm embarrassed to admit I used to think they were fake, manipulated pictures.

Do you have the picture of the one made by MIT students?

I think if you actually turned off your computer, walked out into a beautiful wheat field and took a good look around

at 9AM you would realize the futility of making an exact copy.

I'm thinking you should make a phone call to MIT.

Comment on their attempt to make a crop circle in 2002. Then ask them if they could make an - exact copy - of the

Hackpen Hill Crop Circle in 4 hours. See what they say.

How hard is it to make a phone call?

- I think i already know their response. Do you? -

OK, I went out into a large wheat field and checked how hard it was to board down the wheat... not too hard.

I also called MIT and they said it should be easily replicatable and that it was only a matter of how many people were involved.

They told me that the attempt in 2002 was not with their best people....

Edited by DieChecker

MIT students try to build a crop circle in 4 hours.

The MIT newsoffice wrote about it.

http://web.mit.edu/n...crops-1009.html

While everyone agrees that at least some crop circles are human-made hoaxes, the students learned from BLT staff that a "true" crop circle is marked not only by a complex and precise design, but by deformation of the grains of wheat and the presence of tiny iron molecules in the vicinity of the circle.

Was this documented at the Hackpen Hill site?

Final Conclusions:

The analysis team was justifiably impressed with the final product. When they had completed a battery of tests on the site, the circle was deemed on a par with any of the documented cases.

"After building what we consider a damn good crop circle with almost perfectly straight lines and an interesting geometry, I find it hard to put any faith in tales of crop circle construction by aliens," Rizzo said. "I think they are a result of free time, boredom and a good sense of humor."

• Like 2

They told me that the attempt in 2002 was not with their best people....

That's what I assumed after wondering how many seasoned crop circle artists study at MIT.

• Like 1

Yes, they wrote an article in the dailymail.

"The level of detail and perfection of it is astonishing."

http://www.dailymail...ield-wheat.html

Interesting.

So that's a nail in the "it's digitally manipulated" coffin.

Now, onto timescale. When was the last time prior to the discovery was the field surveyed from above/a point able to view the cereal graffiti? That'd give us a working period where the vandalism could be done.

There is IMO no obvious indication of a message though, even when you see (say) Arabic writing, you can tell it's writing and there's meant to be a message there by the context, cereal communication is so bereft of that context to be virtually meaningless as a means of communication.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting.

So that's a nail in the "it's digitally manipulated" coffin.

Now, onto timescale. When was the last time prior to the discovery was the field surveyed from above/a point able to view the cereal graffiti? That'd give us a working period where the vandalism could be done.

There is IMO no obvious indication of a message though, even when you see (say) Arabic writing, you can tell it's writing and there's meant to be a message there by the context, cereal communication is so bereft of that context to be virtually meaningless as a means of communication.

I think the - obvious message - is: Make an exact copy of this Hackpen Hill Crop Circle....if you can.

Make it during the day & Good Luck!

I think the - obvious message - is: Make an exact copy of this Hackpen Hill Crop Circle....if you can.

Make it during the day & Good Luck!

After spending a couple hours at the Hackpen site (on day one) it was pretty obvious that the physical evidence left on the ground clearly point to its origin as being very physical and very human in nature. The extensive pattern of crushing and creasing damage on the laid mature wheat plants within this circle was noted as being fully consistent with heavy mechanical processes employed by human crop-crunching circle-fakers in the creation of their "art".

http://www.silentcircle.co.uk/hacked.pen.html

The Daily Mail went out there to talk to the farmer who owns wheat field. His name is James Hussey.

James made the effort to drive his combine harvester around the giant cube as long as he could.

"The level of detail and perfection of it is astonishing!"

So much for 2 drunk Brits, a piece of wood and short piece of rope.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2209554/Crop-cube-looks-like-250ft-3D-block-appears-field-wheat.html

The Daily Mail went out there to talk to the farmer who owns wheat field. His name is James Hussey.

James made the effort to drive his combine harvester around the giant cube as long as he could.

"The level of detail and perfection of it is astonishing!"

So much for 2 drunk Brits, a piece of wood and short piece of rope.

http://www.dailymail...eld-wheat.html

The farmer driving his combine around the design does not refute the evidences that point to it being made by humans. Since the evidence shows it was man made then your demand that someone do it in one night has been fulfilled.

• Like 1

The farmer driving his combine around the design does not refute the evidences that point to it being made by humans. Since the evidence shows it was man made then your demand that someone do it in one night has been fulfilled.

The rest of the article reveals that James Hussey is at a loss to explain it .

Over 1 million people viewed the page on this particular crop circle.

That's a lot of views for a........hoax???

The rest of the article reveals that James Hussey is at a loss to explain it .

Over 1 million people viewed the page on this particular crop circle.

That's a lot of views for a........hoax???

a million hits nowadays isnt extreme, and besides, people have to view it before they can declare it a hoax, now dont they? Or do you assume, a million hits equates to a million highly interested and fascinated believers? Go post your blue lake with green vegetation you so diligently found on Mars, on YT, and you may get 2 million hits with an attention grabbing title.

Then 2 million insults & thumbs down afterwards of course. Hit count means nothing in regard to proof does it?

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1