Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Swearing parrot shocks rescue workers

Still Waters

A distinctive parrot has been found which dances, whistles, and swears like a sailor.

Officials from the Scottish SPCA, who were called to rescue him from a garden in Livingston, say they were immediately struck by the parrot's wide and colourful vocabulary.

Now they are trying to find the, possibly embarrassed, owner of the foul-mouthed bird, a Timneh African grey.

http://www.telegraph...ue-workers.html

Arr Jim lad it be Long John Silver's parrot and he be called Cap'n Flint...

• Like 1

hahahahaha!

Made me think of this fellow.

I'm not sure if he says WTF and/or mutha****.....maybe both.

He seems pretty upset anyway :D

[media=]

[/media]

Reminds me of a joke one of my school teachers once told me. A man buys a parrot from the shop, and gets a great discount because the parrot is known to be a potty-mouth. But he reckons he can get around it, he takes it home and the parrot takes one look at the man's wife and says "gee, you're an ugly old bag". The man was infuriated and demanded the parrot not say it again. The parrot looked at him for a second and then repeated his words - "what an ugly old bag". "THAT'S IT" the man roared, "I'm going to punish you, take fifteen minutes in the refrigerator, maybe that will curb your foul mouth". Fifteen minutes later, a shivering ball of feathers is removed from the refrigerator and put back in its cage. After a few minutes to warm up, the parrot takes another look at the man's wife, shakes its head and says "**** $#^ ##%(^ ****, you're ugly". The man says, "still need to learn a lesson? Try fifteen minutes in the freezer".

Fifteen minutes later a frozen parrot is slowly defrosting back in its cage. After battling hypothermia and finally able to move freely again, the parrot turns and says "Ok, you made your point. Just one question - what did that ****ing chicken in there do"?

Parrots really are funny little creatures, they'll pick up on a lot of what others say and mimic them. One parrot belonging to a friend of mine would squawk several times imitating laughter whenever someone laughed. Spin its cage and it does a "Wheeeeee" sound, like he's on a rollercoaster. I'm not surprised the occasional parrot would pick up swear words, if those around them were a bit, shall we say "uncouth" in their language.

• Like 2

Parrots really are funny little creatures, they'll pick up on a lot of what others say and mimic them. One parrot belonging to a friend of mine would squawk several times imitating laughter whenever someone laughed. Spin its cage and it does a "Wheeeeee" sound, like he's on a rollercoaster. I'm not surprised the occasional parrot would pick up swear words, if those around them were a bit, shall we say "uncouth" in their language.

I don't think I have seen/heard any bird that top this fellow. His "chainsaw" is amazing.>>

[media=]

[/media]

LOL at PA's parrot joke!

We all have to remember that parrots simply copy what they hear. I suspect it's the birds former owner that's the real 'potty mouth'. Also, if he kept repeating "WTF" over and over, he appears to be a pretty confused/frustrated 'potty mouth'!

Also, if he kept repeating "WTF" over and over, he appears to be a pretty confused/frustrated 'potty mouth'!

We dont know what happened before the camera was turned on. Maybe he had been presented with Hodge conjecture or something. That would make me go WTF for a while.

Even simple creatures like cats can be puzzled from time to time. :)

omg-wtf-cat-rubiks-cube.jpg

I don't think I have seen/heard any bird that top this fellow. His "chainsaw" is amazing.>>

[media=]

[/media]

The Lyre Bird is a completely different kettle of fish, it mimics the sound it hears but does a damn amazing job at it. They aren't as friendly and therefore aren't as pet-worthy as a parrot, though. But as far as Lyre Birds go (named for their tails, not their ability to "lie"), they have the wood over parrots, easy. No denying that.

I read a story a while back about this woman that taught her exhusbands parrot to cuss at his new girlfriend and call her names or something like that.

I use to have a Amazon and boy could he scream. He would wine like a puppy but wouldn't say much else. He was green and I had green carpet, ugh, and he would climb off his perch to follow me around. He was really hard to see, amazing I didn't step on him.

I love African Greys. Its amazing how they even pick up the accents of their owners.

yeah this is crazy funny, ive seen some parrots that can actually cumunicate in a human voice, parrots are really smart

Shame that they didn't record a video of this bird =/