Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unexplained dream.

Mercian Pete

For as long as i xan remember ive had the same dream, im chasing someone through a forest who has a baby that i have strong feelings is supposed to be mine, upon catching up a short sword battle ensues and im run through the gut, i crawl to a cave and collapse here, at which point i always wake up. I ld pass thiss off a ls one of those things, but a few weeks ago my daughter and i went to explore a forest a few hours away, when we arrived i instantly felt stange, as if i knew the place although never blvisiting before. As we explored we stumbled across a shallow cave, upon entering i felt physically sick, i regocnised the place from my dream and a cold chill came over me. Is there any explanation for this? Im not a beliver in reincarnation or god.

• Like 1

hmm interesting

how old were you in the dream when you started dreaming it? were you always the same age as you were when you were dreaming?

It does sound like a reincarnation experience. One way to verify is if there is any information contained in that dream that you would not have come by yourself. If you can think through the details of the dream, do they change? For instance, are the swords in the battle always the same? Can you draw one of them and determine the style of it? Then try to see the clothing people are wearing. Try to do this on your own with no research first. Then see if you can match the these two things, the style of the clothing and the weapon's style to a date period. Unless you have done historical research previously and these two things match. That would perhaps be information that you would not have come by on your own, or the opposite of that, you might be able to identify it with a movie in a time period that really impressed you as a kid.

• Like 1

For as long as i xan remember ive had the same dream, im chasing someone through a forest who has a baby that i have strong feelings is supposed to be mine, upon catching up a short sword battle ensues and im run through the gut, i crawl to a cave and collapse here, at which point i always wake up. I ld pass thiss off a ls one of those things, but a few weeks ago my daughter and i went to explore a forest a few hours away, when we arrived i instantly felt stange, as if i knew the place although never blvisiting before. As we explored we stumbled across a shallow cave, upon entering i felt physically sick, i regocnised the place from my dream and a cold chill came over me. Is there any explanation for this? Im not a beliver in reincarnation or god.

A sword fight is likely to indicate an argument. Do you remember if you had you had an argument with anyone when you had these dreams? Have you had any problems with people taking over your projects or ideas? The recent incident with the cave suggests that the old problem that was portrayed in the dream is once again giving problems --- the idea of going cold may refer to "going cold" over some project/interest.

Started a long time ago, when i was about 10, always late 30s early 40s in the dream.
It is most likely a past life death experience. If you have the dream repeatedly and can recognize a physical location attached to it so instantly and viscerally, that's most likely what it is. I've had dreams of three or four of my past life deaths. Death is traumatic and my personal theory is that it imprints itself across time sometimes. In one life I had repeated dreams of drowning in a tsunami with my whole village. In another, I died languishing of a broken heart. In another series of the same dream, I was shot in the chest in NYNY as I left a theater. Edited by SSilhouette

I don't discount the previous ideas as explanations, but also in psychology, there's something called 'state dependent memory' where, if you were in a certain state of mind in the past [in this life] and then later on the same environmental factors became present, it can induce clear memory recall of the previous event . So, that's another hypothesis.

• Like 2

indeed

You are perceiving something about your child . The cave and the area might be related but they might be awareness triggers. A bread crumb to get you to notice something. How old is your daughter. Did anything stick out in your day together? Anything at all? A word? Part of a conversation? They way she walked? Describe the whole day in as much detail as possible. There is something baried here.

Welcome aboard, Mercian Pete.

Disclaimer: I don't interpret other people's dreams, but some dream motifs and characters are dreamt by many people, and I sometimes recognize those motifs and characters. I can tell you what several of the people who have dreamt dreams like yours have thought about their dreams, but only you can decide whether that has anything to do with your personal dream.

And I'll also respect this:

Im not a beliver in reincarnation or god.

Your physical reaction to the forest and rhe shallow cave

Unfinished business from the dream, in my opinion. The baby in the dream is not your daughter. You were 10 years old when the recurrence started. Also, the setting isn't any particular forest or cave, it is the archetypal Forest and Cave. They're archetypal because there are a lot of real places just like them. That's what makes them widespread symbols. You visited one.

What unfinished business?

The dream is packed with archetypal elements, locations and dream characters, has almost no plot, and recurs for years. This is, with high confidence, a Jungian big dream (searchable phrase), and a really nice one.

My guess is that the recurrence stems from this bit:

... upon catching up a short sword battle ensues and im run through the gut, ...

The next time you have the dream, don't have the sword fight. You have the opportunity to speak instead, use it. I'll tell you what I'd say, but that isn't necessarily what you should say. It is an example of the kind of thing that might change the course of the dream.

"Why are you running away with my baby?"

That should get the conversation flowing. Not what you want to say? Fantastic, give some thought now, while you're awake, to what you want to say instead.

The dream is important, but it is "unexplained" and inexplicable because you haven't dreamt the dream yet. You keep having that sword fight instead, and the dream ends there.

So, do something different and dream the dream. Once you've dreamt the fully developed version of the dream, then you can see whether it is still unexplained to you.

Other views are possible, of course, and it is your dream. But that's my advice.