Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israel? Destroys Russian Yahkonts in Syria

and-then

You're a funny man, zaphod.

My point was that I believe it to be incomprehensible that Syria would attack Israel at all. After failure in several major wars they are not going to try again by themselves and in a sate of civil war. Yet it seems to Israeli fan boys that Syria and assorted Arab 5 year olds are about to destroy Israel, so action must be taken to defend Israel from destruction by the mighty Syria and those devasting 5 year old warlords....

After 4 forays against Syrian weapons and personnel I agree that Assad has no interest in stirring up the pot. I'm talking about the "rebels" - you know, the al qaida types? The one commonality here is that they all hate Israel and since they seem to HAVE to be fighting someone - why not the one they all hate?

After 4 forays against Syrian weapons and personnel I agree that Assad has no interest in stirring up the pot. I'm talking about the "rebels" - you know, the al qaida types? The one commonality here is that they all hate Israel and since they seem to HAVE to be fighting someone - why not the one they all hate?

You are less than clear about exactly who you talk about....

What has the attack on Yakhonts depot to do with rebels? Oh, of course, rebels may capture them. Well, rebels may capture anything, so why not invade Syria now, in self defence of course.....

And in that artikel, and in so much else, we are always told about Russian made this or that, but never about the American made F16 etc etc etc. This type of propoganda is ridiculous and does nothing. You can complain about Russian (Soviet) made T-72, though they were more likely Czech or Polish made, or T-62, BMP etc, yet when do we hear about the US M48, M-60, M-113 and the British Centurion or French AMX-13 and Mirage etc. See, it is ridiculous, yet you use the fact of Russian or Warsaw Pact equipment being used by Syria as some evidence of the "evil" of Russia and Putin. Why then is it okay for US and it's ridiculous poodles to supply Israel with weapons, inclucing nuclear, for I do not think for one moment that their nukes were not supplied, or at least the technology, by USA. Immoral, totaly immoral.

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri

If there is hysteria about Yakhonts and S-300 that have not even arrived, and these are only anti-ship and anti-aircraft missiles, I wonder what the hysteria would be if Smerch "BM-30" was sold to Syria. It is soon to be replaced, so plenty of systems for sale to needy countries with aggresive neighbours........

http://www.haaretz.c...ls-say-1.535502

A not so subtle message for Pooty poot that his S-300s will also make for a nice bonfire if they arrive. :)

Any Syrian counterattack on Israel now is in self defense. Of course the hypocritical Zionist media won't be able to understand that logic because having a double standard is just too important. Israel can attack Syria four times or six times or ten times, and the first time Syria retaliates, it will be "attacking Israel!"

Any Syrian counterattack on Israel now is in self defense. Of course the hypocritical Zionist media won't be able to understand that logic because having a double standard is just too important. Israel can attack Syria four times or six times or ten times, and the first time Syria retaliates, it will be "attacking Israel!"

Oh boy, you have been surfing your islamist conspiracy sites again?

Fact is, the standard media procedure is quite the opposite. Hamas or Hizbollah shoot rockets into Israel? That is ho-hum, if it is reported at all. But the moment Israel responds, it is reported in headline news as an "attack". Check out the previous media history and see for yourself.

But I suppose the simple islamist talking points easier, and of course in general the leftist crowd has adopted them.

• Like 1

Oh boy, you have been surfing your islamist conspiracy sites again?

Fact is, the standard media procedure is quite the opposite. Hamas or Hizbollah shoot rockets into Israel? That is ho-hum, if it is reported at all. But the moment Israel responds, it is reported in headline news as an "attack". Check out the previous media history and see for yourself.

But I suppose the simple islamist talking points easier, and of course in general the leftist crowd has adopted them.

I didn't say anything about Islam. Can you form a cogent thought about anything in the Middle East without a barbaric Crusade breaking out?

Check out the media history? I'm not in Tokyo and absolutely insulated from everything that goes on in the Middle East because I have a government that isn't batshit insane in its foreign policy. Is the Japanese government "Islamist"? Get a grip bud.

• Like 1

If there is hysteria about Yakhonts and S-300 that have not even arrived, and these are only anti-ship and anti-aircraft missiles, I wonder what the hysteria would be if Smerch "BM-30" was sold to Syria. It is soon to be replaced, so plenty of systems for sale to needy countries with aggresive neighbours........

Odd that you would call the discussion about Yakhonts "hysteria". It's not an especially high end weapon system by western standards but it is accurate enough to cause Israel problems in such a small area as the eastern med. I suspect the reason Russia refrains from selling their version - probably a very good version - of MRLS is that they also have no interest in further destabilising the region. Any weapon system that was used to cause mass casualties, especially outside Syrian territory, would cause Assad's game to be "called" on account of a fiery rain from Israel.

I didn't say anything about Islam. Can you form a cogent thought about anything in the Middle East without a barbaric Crusade breaking out?

Check out the media history? I'm not in Tokyo and absolutely insulated from everything that goes on in the Middle East because I have a government that isn't batshit insane in its foreign policy. Is the Japanese government "Islamist"? Get a grip bud.

Your talking points are a direct regurgitation of islamist propaganda. OK, I don´t know where you got them from. Since the islamist narrative has been largely swallowed by the political left (and also some rightwing nuts), you might have gotten them from there. Care to share your sources?

As for location, you don't say where you live. Not in Israel is a safe guess, and not in an area within reach of Katsushita rockets from Gaza is a very safe guess. Do surprise us.

As for media history, you obviously have a web connection. Take the time to correlate the long list of rocket attacks against Israel and the short of Israeli reaction with the respective press coverage in the NYT, Reuters, and the Guardian to take a few typical samles. That would rattle your simplistic world view a little.

But I guess just swallowng the propganda is a lot easier.

Odd that you would call the discussion about Yakhonts "hysteria". It's not an especially high end weapon system by western standards but it is accurate enough to cause Israel problems in such a small area as the eastern med. I suspect the reason Russia refrains from selling their version - probably a very good version - of MRLS is that they also have no interest in further destabilising the region. Any weapon system that was used to cause mass casualties, especially outside Syrian territory, would cause Assad's game to be "called" on account of a fiery rain from Israel.

Oh but any discussion of Russian arms in Levant is hysteria as it is always a case of Russian arms "bad" and Israeli arms, well, stop talking! nothing to see here! move along! ignore these made in USA labels....

BM-30 is not a version of MRLS, for MLRS is a version of all BM systems from the original BM-13, Katyusha. In the video it is pointed out that BM-30 is superior to MLRS, and replacement will be even better. West has always lagged behind in these type of systems, you do not even have equivalent of Buratino. Such systems win battles and US or Israel has never faced these "high end" sytems in battle, only export models. And Assad's "game"? to invade Israel as a diversion from his fight for survival perhaps?. The only "game" is that played by USA in it's madness for power and $$$$$$, always $$$$$$.

Not in Israel is a safe guess, and not in an area within reach of Katsushita rockets from Gaza

An interesting miss-spelling from Tokyo, as Katsushita is an area of Tokyo. Clearly you meant Katyusha, or there something happening in Tokyo that we should know about....,..

Oh but any discussion of Russian arms in Levant is hysteria as it is always a case of Russian arms "bad" and Israeli arms, well, stop talking! nothing to see here! move along! ignore these made in USA labels....

BM-30 is not a version of MRLS, for MLRS is a version of all BM systems from the original BM-13, Katyusha. In the video it is pointed out that BM-30 is superior to MLRS, and replacement will be even better. West has always lagged behind in these type of systems, you do not even have equivalent of Buratino. Such systems win battles and US or Israel has never faced these "high end" sytems in battle, only export models. And Assad's "game"? to invade Israel as a diversion from his fight for survival perhaps?. The only "game" is that played by USA in it's madness for power and $$$$$$, always $$$$$$.

Yes, the evil USA... and Russia, pure as the driven snow. Watched a little too much Sergei Eisenstein? :)

And there is a very good reason the US nor Israel has ever had to face those systems. Realpolitik. THAT war may come some day but let's pray it never does.

In all seriousness;

The fact people like 'zaphod' would try to focus on definitions instead of the blatantly obvious general point is indicative of the state of mind of these sort of individuals.

This while 'Palestine' [<=1946] ofcourse holds both the Gaza strip as well as the West Bank.

Edited by Phaeton80

Yes, the evil USA... and Russia, pure as the driven snow. Watched a little too much Sergei Eisenstein? :)

And there is a very good reason the US nor Israel has ever had to face those systems. Realpolitik. THAT war may come some day but let's pray it never does.

You probably think of "Alexander Nevski" as his other films were essentially about internal affairs, "Ivan Grozny" or "Andrei Rublev" for instance. Yet Alexander Nevski, apart from rather crude potrayal of Teutonic Knights, was a reasonable telling of the "Battle on the ice". Today we can see what elements he did not put in, and at the beginning of the film the distortion of the Viking involvement in Russia, but the film is not some over the top travesty, which is why it is was widely shown in the West, and is easily available to buy or DL. I rather think it is American war films that are over the top with patriotism, Soviet/Russian films tend to be more modest, and honest about realities. "Ivan's Childhood" "Come and See" and the more recent "Fortress Brest" are good examples, and of course are highly regarded films. I cannot see US ever making a film like "Ivan's Childhood".

Your talking points are a direct regurgitation of islamist propaganda. OK, I don´t know where you got them from. Since the islamist narrative has been largely swallowed by the political left (and also some rightwing nuts), you might have gotten them from there. Care to share your sources?

As for location, you don't say where you live. Not in Israel is a safe guess, and not in an area within reach of Katsushita rockets from Gaza is a very safe guess. Do surprise us.

As for media history, you obviously have a web connection. Take the time to correlate the long list of rocket attacks against Israel and the short of Israeli reaction with the respective press coverage in the NYT, Reuters, and the Guardian to take a few typical samles. That would rattle your simplistic world view a little.

But I guess just swallowng the propganda is a lot easier.

My argument doesn't have diddly to do with Islam. If Israelis were under the kind of oppression that Palestinians are, the difference between me and you is, my position on ending that BS wouldn't change at all. You'd be screaming bloody murder with your Japanozionist hair on fire. I've told you where I live. A very small minority of rockets fired into Israel came from Gaza, so that's not the reason Gaza is under siege and the other places where the vast majority of rockets came from are not. With all due respect, have some logical consistency in your arguments.

Yam the rocket fire is almost EXCLUSIVELY from Gaza and into southern Israel. The fact that it is ineffectual doesn't lessen the psychological impact - not that this matters in the least to a propagandist :)

Yam the rocket fire is almost EXCLUSIVELY from Gaza and into southern Israel. The fact that it is ineffectual doesn't lessen the psychological impact - not that this matters in the least to a propagandist :)

Since the siege of Gaza, yes. Historically a small percentage of rockets has come from Gaza. But presently Israel is warring against Gaza, bombarding it with hundreds of airstrikes. So Gaza is supposed to sit in their concentration camp and not shoot the one weapon they have left? Well Israel's enemy can't fight back because it's not allowed. It's reported in the media that every time someone in Gaza shoots something, they shot first. People who love liberty over oppressive regimes like Israel's understand that when oppression is perpetual, the oppressed never shoot first. They woke up on the day they shot their rocket oppressed already.

Since the siege of Gaza, yes. Historically a small percentage of rockets has come from Gaza. But presently Israel is warring against Gaza, bombarding it with hundreds of airstrikes. So Gaza is supposed to sit in their concentration camp and not shoot the one weapon they have left? Well Israel's enemy can't fight back because it's not allowed. It's reported in the media that every time someone in Gaza shoots something, they shot first. People who love liberty over oppressive regimes like Israel's understand that when oppression is perpetual, the oppressed never shoot first. They woke up on the day they shot their rocket oppressed already.

Which means they(Palestinians) can do anything and it is always justified. Yep, that seems like a peacemaking frame of mind alright.

Which means they(Palestinians) can do anything and it is always justified. Yep, that seems like a peacemaking frame of mind alright.

It's always motivated, it's not always justified. There is no peace with oppression. That's what you can call peace here conveniently enough because you've never experienced oppression yourself.

• Like 1

it's true .. this thing has happened

but do not mistake this of making israel " our friend " they're not

appearently seems like everyone does not want syrians to gain control of their country

but don't worry .. we're willing to fight the whole world if they stand against our rights

we already fighting russia , iran . hezboallah rats ,

and soon all of them will put their tiny tails between their legs and leave syria as defeated invaders

there is no stopping in us

they fight for whatever sadistic reasons they have

and we fight for our homes , country , families , and our lives

we got nothing to lose .. they got everything to lose

• Like 2

Obama funds the rebels in Syria to keep the country in disarray. This eliminates another potential threat to Israel and their Zionist motives.

@Zaphod claiming Yamato is making Islamist points puts you at no difference to those people who call others "commies" who have a different form of ideology than the USA (at least the one they believe is adopted). That is fueled from ignorance.

There are quite a few people in Israel who are actually very concerned with their countries suppressive actions over other people in neighbouring countries. One rocket is responded with hundreds. A far superior military and USA at their back and SOMEHOW they are still that crook old man in the middle of a fist fight. Now wouldn't it make more sense to link that to propaganda?

Edited by Orcseeker
  • Like 2

Zaphod thinks that agreement against Israel == "Islamic", a preposterous notion. And a very annoying one too by the time he uses it as an accusation for the first 10 times. Non-Muslims all over the world disagree with Israel's policies. I can be Christian, Atheist, Jew, or whatever and oppose illegal oppression and state terrorism just the same.

Put one's back against the wall, sometimes they're going to strike back. Siding with Israel is analogous to siding with a rapist who got clawed in the face by his victim's fingernails. But, she clawed me first! So, keep on raping even more! Hey, why don't you even care about me being clawed in the face? You're so biased, antisemitic Islamist!

:wacko:

• Like 1

it's true .. this thing has happened

but do not mistake this of making israel " our friend " they're not

appearently seems like everyone does not want syrians to gain control of their country

but don't worry .. we're willing to fight the whole world if they stand against our rights

we already fighting russia , iran . hezboallah rats ,

and soon all of them will put their tiny tails between their legs and leave syria as defeated invaders

there is no stopping in us

they fight for whatever sadistic reasons they have

and we fight for our homes , country , families , and our lives

we got nothing to lose .. they got everything to lose

Just curious...

Do you want a secular Syria? Will you vote for the popular vote or will you vote for freedom?

• Like 1