Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My First Paranormal Experience

MacsMom

I have never really had what I would consider a paranormal experience until last week. My husband and I and another couple spent the week at my family's lake house. This lake house has been in the family for a few generations and was one of my grandparents' favorite places to be. My grandmother passed in 1987 but my grandfather passed just one year ago. This was the first time I had been to the lake house in 3 years.

Our friend, Jimmy, had a headache and went to go lay down in his bedroom for a nap. He was in there about 15 minutes when we heard him say something. He emerged from the bedroom very shaken. He said he had his eyes closed with his arm over his forehead. He felt someone lean on the bed and breathe on him. He thought it was his wife checking on him and he said "what do you want?". When he received no answer, he opened his eyes and saw no one in the room. He was adamant about his story and his experience and said that he knows he wasn't dreaming because his headache wouldn't let him sleep.

The next day, we were all on the porch and we heard a hollow thump come from the kitchen. We went in to find a large blue plastic container lying in the corner. The container was not there before and no one remembers seeing in on a shelf or anywhere nearby. There was no place it could have feasibly fallen from.

Two days later, my friend and I were talking while standing by the dining table. The table was piled with stuff, but while we were talking, a pile crashed down onto the table. This instance could be explained by just an overloaded pile of stuff finally succumbing to gravity but in light of the other stuff, it might be significant.

Nothing else happened the entire week.

I've always felt that if my grandparents were going to be felt anywhere, it would be the lake house. But I expected it to be more my grandmother than my grandfather, and I haven't experienced squat in the decades since my grandmother's passing. Odd that things would happen now. Might be inconsequential except for Jimmy's experience. He was spooked the whole week!

• Like 1

I think these things are quite explainable as everyday stuff, before we conclude it's anything paranormal.

For instance, your friend had a headache and was trying to fall asleep. Both of those together could've put him into sleep paralisys state (which this looks like), or he could've just drifted off to sleep for a second.

The blue container could've been somewhere on the shelf and you haven't noticed it before. You said yourself that you haven't been there for 3 years. If it's plastic, it's easy to imagine it just falling from te shelf because it was off balance. Same goes with the pile on the table.

I remember last night I put my cell phone in a drawer on vibrate.

Well i got a text.. and the lights were off in my office..

the Phone made a growling noise!

it scared me a bit.. but then I remembered it was just the phone.

This would be something similar happening here

I remember last night I put my cell phone in a drawer on vibrate.

Well i got a text.. and the lights were off in my office..

the Phone made a growling noise!

it scared me a bit.. but then I remembered it was just the phone.

This would be something similar happening here

Were you playing with an oujia board app?