Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Here is another scenario of first contact...

Uncle Sam

What if the Alien threat is the aliens themselves, but what is chasing them throughout the galaxy? Maybe their numbers have grown small against this threat, they are facing being out gunned and outmanned by the enemies that they are fighting for their very survival? Would they come to Earth where there is billions upon billions of human beings, able bodies to help defend off these aggressors in exchange for technology? Should us as human beings extend a helping hands to these alien life forms or ignore their plea for help?

To me... the answer would be yes. Earth has a expiration date. We are living on a doomed planet. The faster we acquire technology to travel the stars, the better off we are to protecting ourselves from extinction events. It be much like United States teaching nations to defend themselves and supplying technology to make sure they grow to require allies in an galactic war. Since there is so many of us, it would probably be a last ditch effort by an intelligent civilization to stave off extinction. If we were in the same situation, I would definitely want the alien race to agree and form a alliance with us in exchange for technology.

Of course we would thrust ourselves into a unknown conflict of a hostile species we know nothing about, but that can be remedied by commutation and logistic training. Earth is going to encounter hostile species regardless if we want too or not, I rather have some form of help from an friendly species that is will to share technology in exchange for help keeping them from becoming extinct. Not only it would be a technological leap for us, but it would help prepare us for the unavoidable encounter of hostile species that want to wipe us out.

What would be your answer?

Should us as human beings extend a helping hands to these alien life forms or ignore their plea for help?

Turn off the lights and pretend we're not in.

• Like 5

Interesting scenario. We may not have a choice but to help defend the Aliens. Who's to say which Alien race are the good guys? In the end, we may be helping the evil ones!

• Like 1

well, it's a good scenario for a science fiction novel! in fact, i think i've read at least one with a similar premise, though i got no idea on the name right now.

but i have to say that i'm not exactly qualified to make decisions on intergalactic politics. maybe yes, if they make me a star fighter pilot. hmm... yes.

what gave you the idea?

• Like 1

Interesting scenario. We may not have a choice but to help defend the Aliens. Who's to say which Alien race are the good guys? In the end, we may be helping the evil ones!

That scenario sounds quite topical these days....
  • Like 2

interesting scenario..

I like Arbenol88's answer best.. "Turn off the lights and pretend we're not in"

Without any other contact outside in the universe who's to say we're not being conscripted into the wrong team?

Don't worry, the President would make sure that we only help the good Rebels.

• Like 1

What if the Alien threat is the aliens themselves, but what is chasing them throughout the galaxy? Maybe their numbers have grown small against this threat, they are facing being out gunned and outmanned by the enemies that they are fighting for their very survival? Would they come to Earth where there is billions upon billions of human beings, able bodies to help defend off these aggressors in exchange for technology? Should us as human beings extend a helping hands to these alien life forms or ignore their plea for help?

To me... the answer would be yes. Earth has a expiration date. We are living on a doomed planet. The faster we acquire technology to travel the stars, the better off we are to protecting ourselves from extinction events. It be much like United States teaching nations to defend themselves and supplying technology to make sure they grow to require allies in an galactic war. Since there is so many of us, it would probably be a last ditch effort by an intelligent civilization to stave off extinction. If we were in the same situation, I would definitely want the alien race to agree and form a alliance with us in exchange for technology.

Of course we would thrust ourselves into a unknown conflict of a hostile species we know nothing about, but that can be remedied by commutation and logistic training. Earth is going to encounter hostile species regardless if we want too or not, I rather have some form of help from an friendly species that is will to share technology in exchange for help keeping them from becoming extinct. Not only it would be a technological leap for us, but it would help prepare us for the unavoidable encounter of hostile species that want to wipe us out.

What would be your answer?

First of all:

"Would they come to Earth where there is billions upon billions of human beings"

Correction, there is approx only 7 billion on earth!

Anyway on with my answer, Nope I dont think we have anything to offer an alien species who are advanced enough to cross the immense distances in space.

For them - Itd be like a top chess master asking a dog what move or strategy he should play next. Its important not to overestimate our standing in the great scheme of things, we would be largely insignificant to any advanced race of space travelers. The majority of our own tech would be like kindergarten comic books to them Id imagine.

Nope if aliens came here they wouldnt have to 'ask' us for anything, and I very much doubt we could provide any help whatsoever 'if' there were warring aliens around. Period.

Yes we should! If they cant clone or it would take ages for them to clone themself! Than they cannot protect themselfs in time ! The only option is give us humans the technology to make suits "suit from the game crysis " we are in the billions ! We are like ants and reproduce ourslef at a really fast rate! So we are the ultimate soldiers for war!

Isn't that the plot of the TV series War of the Worlds? Basically, the Martians came here because something worse was on Mars.

Isn't that the plot of the TV series War of the Worlds? Basically, the Martians came here because something worse was on Mars.

and similar to District 9 too...

and similar to District 9 too...

I thought the aliens in District 9 got stuck here because there ship broke, and humans took total advantage of that. We put them in a slum and treated them like 2nd class citizens.

I thought the aliens in District 9 got stuck here because there ship broke, and humans took total advantage of that. We put them in a slum and treated them like 2nd class citizens.

You are correct. I loved this movie.

You are correct. I loved this movie.

I have to say you are both right, I dont know why but the OP reminded me of that film, his words were

"What if the Alien threat is the aliens themselves, but what is chasing them throughout the galaxy? Maybe their numbers have grown small against this threat, they are facing being out gunned and outmanned by the enemies that they are fighting for their very survival? Would they come to Earth where there is billions upon billions of human beings, able bodies to help defend off these aggressors in exchange for technology?

But in hindsight probably not the best comparison I could have made

I too feel it would be more like E.T would suck up all out resources and use what ever they needed to cont,there battle with what ever is chaseing them across the vastness of space !

WHat ever that IS would most likely Eat US alive too ! :gun:

So Shhhhh! lets look like were not at home !

I too feel it would be more like E.T would suck up all out resources and use what ever they needed to cont,there battle with what ever is chaseing them across the vastness of space !

WHat ever that IS would most likely Eat US alive too ! :gun:

So Shhhhh! lets look like were not at home !

There are untold amount of resources in the galaxy, Earth would be a speck of resources. They wouldn't come here for the resources at all. Got to remember, no matter how great you are or how big your civilization is, there is always a bigger fish in the sea that is waiting to wipe you out. The alien threat is an much more advance civilization chasing this lesser advance civilization and they have their backs up against the wall. Humanity can prove to offer a helping hand in exchange for all their technological advances, we might even come up with new ways to improve on the technology considering how innovated we are. To be honest, we would encounter that threat sooner or later, might as well get a head start on technology.

Here's what I don't understand, why would aliens come asking for our help unless there thinking there's strength in numbers because honestly I don't see what possible help humans could offer. They give us there advanced tech is all good and fine but I guarantee you that what ever is chasing them has better technology and wont hesitate to take us out with said aliens. So there kind of leading the "evil" force right to our doorstep

• Like 1

Here's what I don't understand, why would aliens come asking for our help unless there thinking there's strength in numbers because honestly I don't see what possible help humans could offer. They give us there advanced tech is all good and fine but I guarantee you that what ever is chasing them has better technology and wont hesitate to take us out with said aliens. So there kind of leading the "evil" force right to our doorstep

Even if the enemy is technological more advance, they could be weak in numbers from years of fighting as well. I think we rather focus getting ready for the enemy will probably face in the future, what better than to get a head start on it. Of course it is a crap shot who we are fighting for, that is why we should always learn more about who we are fighting for as well as trying to glean technology off them. If we find out we are being deceived, we could always open an dialog against the other side and try to use our unique position to help them. Remember... on a personal level, the war is the same we face everyday here on Earth.

We could be treated as cannon fodder. The aliens could use our low-tech technology instead of their own high-tech as a way for them to beat the still using high-tech technology aliens.

From all of the movies with a similar type scenario, (that I have seen) low tech usually wins over high tech.

Of course this is my assumption.

Personally, if these aliens were really intelligent and super advanced, they would know better than to come to us for help. We can barely help each other, let alone aliens.

We are little babies preening ourselves in a galactic baby buggy.

'Little humans, will you help us?'

'We just peed our pants. But, do you have any shineys?'

The original post is quite thought provoking, so thanks for that:)

:tu:

Kind Regards :)

• Like 1

We could be treated as cannon fodder. The aliens could use our low-tech technology instead of their own high-tech as a way for them to beat the still using high-tech technology aliens.

From all of the movies with a similar type scenario, (that I have seen) low tech usually wins over high tech.

Personally, if these aliens were really intelligent and super advanced, they would know better than to come to us for help. We can barely help each other, let alone aliens.

I am talking about despriate aliens who are on the verge of being wiped out by their enemies... who look to the closest civilization and offer technology in exchange for helping them survive.

• Like 1

Even if the enemy is technological more advance, they could be weak in numbers from years of fighting as well. I think we rather focus getting ready for the enemy will probably face in the future, what better than to get a head start on it. Of course it is a crap shot who we are fighting for, that is why we should always learn more about who we are fighting for as well as trying to glean technology off them. If we find out we are being deceived, we could always open an dialog against the other side and try to use our unique position to help them. Remember... on a personal level, the war is the same we face everyday here on Earth.

Still even if the persuing force is weak in numbers there obviously still pretty confident in themselves if they keep persuing. Especially if they have the other aliens on the run, so I still don't see how we would be of any help to the fleeing aliens unless they believe in the greater numbers thing

Didn't the Pleiadians?( that could easily pass for Homo Sapiens) warn in the 50's that the races following them didn't have our best interests at heart & not to be trusted. Then the Greys turned up & started abducting & performing tests on us. Maybe we hold the clues for the Greys to eliminate the Pleiadians when they catch up to them.

The movies are wrong in my opinion, I mean look at earth examples, the natives were taken over by Columbus because he had swords and better armor than the natives at the time. Higher technology wins almost if not most of the time. I understand why they have these huge blockbuster movies where aliens attack with far better technology than man, yet man ALWAYS seems to win, because nobody wants to see a movie where the invading force wins

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x
  • Like 1

The movies are wrong in my opinion, I mean look at earth examples, the natives were taken over by Columbus because he had swords and better armor than the natives at the time. Higher technology wins almost if not most of the time. I understand why they have these huge blockbuster movies where aliens attack with far better technology than man, yet man ALWAYS seems to win, because nobody wants to see a movie where the invading force wins

Oh yes, I understand what you are saying. Movies can be springboards for ideals, it is nice to consider that given with what we know and what we have available to us now, could possibly end up saving us against an alien threat. And we can all give hi-fives to each other and scream: 'Alright!'

Those actors on the screen have a script to follow and know what to do.

We don't have a script. I doubt we would even have a clue as to what to do.

But if I had a chance to hand over my now ancient and defunct pager over to an alien to use as a weapon against 'evil' aliens, yes, I'd hand it over, because I'd just wanna see how they would use it.

'You took out that entire fleet with my pager. That's an awesome thing to see before I die.'

Kind Regards ;)