Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Zimmerman verdict

Clarakore

Zimmerman jury has question regarding manslaughter charge

SANFORD, Fla. — After deliberating all day on Saturday jurors in the George Zimmerman murder trial asked for clarification on the instructions regarding manslaughter.

At about 6 p.m. ET lawyers for both sides appeared in court where Judge Debra Nelson said jurors had the manslaughter question. The lawyers approached the bench to talk to the judge.

arrow3.gifView: Read more

It appears the verdict is coming soon and most likely will be guilty. It seems that way because the jury yesterday asked to see all the evidence and today they have asked about manslaughter specifically. That could mean they already decided not to aquit and are just deciding between manslaughter and second degree murder.

This thread was made to discuss the verdict. While it has not come in it will soon and the "Zimmerman trial" thread is already up to 50 pages and getting boggy.

What do you think the verdict will be? Once it is here what do you think about it?

Edited by The world needs you

If they're questioning exactly wh constitutes "manslaughter" that suggeststo me they're unsure whetheror not they've enough evidence to agree it was manslaughter.

• Like 4

My guess is that they have ruled out murder 2 and now are deliberating manslaughter. I cannot see them allowing him to walk. George is headed to prison, the only question is for how long. I hope that his conviction will satisfy the people who otherwise would riot over another verdict. I wouldn't be much surprised if they didn't STILL trash Miami or Sanford even if they get a manslaughter conviction. The way the law reads I don't think he's technically guilty of that either but I will admit that some penalty should be paid for his hubris and over zealousness. TM already paid for his.... If GZ gets 30 years I hope they get it reversed on appeal. The whole thing is going to set a precedent for racial and political prosecutions in this country and I really don't think we should go there. There is enough tension as it is.

• Like 4

I hope he walks.

there'll be riots in the streets in he does.

• Like 1

Am I the only one alive who knows nothing about this Zimmerman trial?

• Like 2

If he walks it will give everyone who kills with no witnesses an out. Bad idea. Not sure why so many are on the side of a child killer. Sign of the times I guess.

• Like 5

Not sure why so many are on the side of a child killer

17 is no longer a child - its a young man, ;) Minor details.

• Like 2

I was a serving soldier at seventeen in Cyprus with the British Army. If you had called me child, it wouldn't have ended well, to say the least.

• Like 6

I'm curious how many people who will riot if he walks were ecstatic when OJ got off.

• Like 4

Yes there will be riots if he does walk but I hope that the jury doesn't base their decision on that.

• Like 2

I'm curious how many people who will riot if he walks were ecstatic when OJ got off.

The ole double standard.
  • Like 1

If he walks it will give everyone who kills with no witnesses an out. Bad idea.

Sure, if you're willing to run face first into, and smack the back of your head against a brick wall. All the while making sure no one is peeking out their windows or doors.

Not sure why so many are on the side of a child killer. Sign of the times I guess.

It certainly is a sign of the times when children routinely rob, rough up, rape and kill innocent people.

nb. I already wrote that Zimmerman will be convicted of something, but at least it won't be child abuse since the judge decided that last minute grasping at straws was just too silly, even for her court.

George will wait a few years in prison then be acquitted at his appeal hearing. Providing he survives prison.

• Like 3

I wouldn't make much out of jury questions; usually it is just one juror and the others go along with it in the hope of getting somewhere.

• Like 1

They found him NOT GUILTY - he is free.

I'm glad for him but I'm really shocked. I thought FOR SURE the jury would be influenced by the possible consequences of a verdict of not guilty. Maybe whatever money he earns from the notoriety will be enough for the Martin family to leave him alone after a civil suit. He surely would lose a civil suit. Hopefully no one else will die behind this.

Edited by and then
  • Like 2

Now is the time to march in the streets and demand that Al Sharpton be arrested for civil disorder. Al must be tried for his constant race baiting and slanted versions of real crimes. Remember Tawana Brawley? Al need to spend the rest of his life in jail.

P.S. As I post this, MSNBC is once again saying that the trial was not fair...there were no blacks on the jury. When do these idiots get a clue and stop tearing down our culture, justice, economy and laws to promote there racist views?

Zimmerman was justified in self defense. He will likewise win the civil suit as well. This is not O. J. Simpson all over again.

Edited by Pyridium
  • Like 6

I'm quite surprised. I thought for sure that an emotional prosecution and fears for their safety would trump evidence and legal requirements.

Justice has been rendered, but I fear the inevitable rioting.

• Like 3

let the riots begin.....

• Like 1

It will surprise me if they aren't out blocking roads and trashing businesses over this.

• Like 1

Now they can send in the drones to get everyone's picture and arrest them later.

• Like 1

Now is the time to march in the streets and demand that Al Sharpton be arrested for civil disorder. Al must be tried for his constant race baiting and slanted versions of real crimes. Remember Tawana Brawley? Al need to spend the rest of his life in jail.

P.S. As I post this, MSNBC is once again saying that the trial was not fair...there were no blacks on the jury. When do these idiots get a clue and stop tearing down our culture, justice, economy and laws to promote there racist views?

Msnbc certainly was stirring it up. Lots of anger.

They found him NOT GUILTY - he is free.

I'm glad for him but I'm really shocked. I thought FOR SURE the jury would be influenced by the possible consequences of a verdict of not guilty.

Not me. I knew. It would have been blatantly ridiculous to have convicted him.

• Like 2

The ole double standard.

I am glad to say I was wrong and the jury thought for themselves and didn't worry about riots

• Like 3

There is already an existing thread on this topic.

I hope I don´t have to scroll through a dozen new "Zimmerman" threads now, especially after the race riots begin.

Edited by Zaphod222