Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Zimmerman verdict

Clarakore

No there will not be,Every one thinks the blacks will act foolish and burn down everything in sight. Not going to happen.This is Florida not Compton.

Compton according to the 2010 Census ranks Hispanics as 65% of the population there. African-Americans are now just 32.9%. Times have changed...

[link]

Due to black flight many blacks have moved to the suburbs allowing Hispanics to move in after them. This is one reason we will not be seeing riots.

A thread fully discussing all of this has been made in the United States and Americas forum.

Edited by The world needs you

Legio, you're thinking of justice in the legal sense. These idiots making threats and destroying property don't understand that. All they know is social justice.

Hey F3SS, does the possibility exist that it is, in fact, anti-social justice they seek?

Hmmm... Long day here. Too deep lol, must elaborate.

As much as I distrust the US justice system, I quite convinced that if the evidence had shown that the neighbourhood watch guy had "shot down a minor" just like that, out of the blue, he would have been convicted.

Is that really all that happened in your mind, and where did hear this story? MSNBC? Al Sharpton? Did you read more than just the juicy soundbytes?

Progressives are agitators by nature and by agenda. They like to stir the pot, elicit controversial debate and then label other views as uncivilized and unenlightened. They sit high on a pedestal of self indulgence.

He repeatedly uses the terms 'hunt' and 'gunned down' and actually that all implies premeditation, desire or in short, the worst of all murder one. It has much to do with white guilt too.

• Like 2

I think wearing a hooded sweatshirt with the hood up, especially at night, became suspicious because of this guy;

http://www.google.co...Sj1oAQ#imgdii=_

edit: Wouldn't let me actually post the picture.

Lol, i highly doubt people see a hoodie and think he is the new unabomber. I thought that was the whole point of a hoodie, is that it has a hood. It was raining that night, and anytime i wear a hoodie i put the hood up if it's cold or raining.

Lol, i highly doubt people see a hoodie and think he is the new unabomber. I thought that was the whole point of a hoodie, is that it has a hood. It was raining that night, and anytime i wear a hoodie i put the hood up if it's cold or raining.

So, I'm guessing you either didn't read the whole thread, or missed this in my post a couple pages back. Or you could be trying to dodge like a couple other, regardless, here's me repeating myself, again.

""It was just a hoodie too." Again, profiling someone because of their dress is not illegal. Many stores have policies about having hoods up. During Halloween, many businesses will not let people enter their stores with masks on. This is common sense. If you don't think you profile because of dress, you're either oblivious, stupid, or are a liar.

Scenario: You're walking down the street, it is dark. On one side of the street, there's 5 people with their hoods up. On the other side of the street, you have 5 people wearing button up, long sleeve shirts. Which group do you walk through?"

Regardless, there is nothing illegal about profiling someone because of their dress (in the U.S. that is, I can't and wouldn't speak for OZ).

Well i certainly have read through the thread, you'd know that if you had because i'm on almost every page. But profiling isn't illegal, but to me seems paranoid. Where i live in this part of Sydney, has a large surfing community and also a large lebanese community, and pretty much all the younger guys wear hoodies, it would be uncommon to not see them. So no, i wouldn't care what side of the street i was walking. If you feel intimidated to walk down the street in your own neighbourhood because someone is wearing a certain style of clothing, i think it's pretty clear where the problem lies, and it's it's not with the person who is wearing a hoodie.

Well i certainly have read through the thread, you'd know that if you had because i'm on almost every page. But profiling isn't illegal, but to me seems paranoid. Where i live in this part of Sydney, has a large surfing community and also a large lebanese community, and pretty much all the younger guys wear hoodies, it would be uncommon to not see them. So no, i wouldn't care what side of the street i was walking. If you feel intimidated to walk down the street in your own neighbourhood because someone is wearing a certain style of clothing, i think it's pretty clear where the problem lies, and it's it's not with the person who is wearing a hoodie.

Ok, well continue applying your anecdotes that are associated with a completely different area, with far less people. As long as you're aware that what you consider 'wrong' isn't against the law, over here, in the U.S., where you don't live.

Ok, well continue applying your anecdotes that are associated with a completely different area, with far less people. As long as you're aware that what you consider 'wrong' isn't against the law, over here, in the U.S., where you don't live.

You understand you asked me to answer the question of which group i would walk through, right..? And you know i live in a different area, it says so right next to my comments. And you answer with that? I should have expected as much.

And i don't see how having 4.6million in Sydney as opposed to 19million in Florida comes in to play when you are talking about a hoodie..? How you put population into your argument really makes no sense.

And lastly, i agreed and said it wasn't against the law, and i didn't say 'wrong' i said 'paranoid' ;)

Syndney has over twice the population density than Sanford.

No there will not be,Every one thinks the blacks will act foolish and burn down everything in sight. Not going to happen.This is Florida not Compton.

Remember Miami? Let's hope that there's not a sequel. Like you, I doubt that there will be one, which will disappoint the extremists and the media. There probably will be a few sporadic incidents, though.

• Like 1

I think the hoodie was a minor contributor in this case. Much smaller than Trayvon walking slowly through the rain acting suspiciously. Smaller than an unrecognizable teen walking through a gated community that has had a rash of robberies. Again, the media used the hoodie to make this a racist issue.

• Like 4

I think the hoodie was a minor contributor in this case. Much smaller than Trayvon walking slowly through the rain acting suspiciously. Smaller than an unrecognizable teen walking through a gated community that has had a rash of robberies. Again, the media used the hoodie to make this a racist issue.

Which only the most clueless sheltered whitest of white boys afraid of their own shadows would think hoodies are a black thing. Must be the root word hood that sets off their race trigger. Everyone I know has a hoodie or several including myself and especially every white girl I know wears them. The media invented this racial stereotype and its completely false. It's just an addition the liberal racist code word list.

• Like 5

Update: Zimmerman is getting his gun back and plans to carry it according to his lawyer.

Really? Couldn't he use another gun instead of one that already has blood on it?

He can carry all he wants again, his right, but why announce it so cavalierly that the same exact weapon will be used?

Update: Zimmerman is not getting that gun back since it is being held during the Department of Justice's continued investigation of Zimmerman.

George Zimmerman can't get back the gun he used to kill Trayvon Martin, but nothing is keeping him from purchasing another gun if he wants, Florida police said today.

Federal and local authorities said plans to return Zimmerman's Kel Tec 9 pistol were put on hold after the Department of Justice announced a new investigation to determine whether Zimmerman violated 17-year-old Martin's civil rights.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-gun-back-buy/story?id=19713692

Absolutely.

Anyone walking slowly and 'looking at houses', after dark, in the rain would have been regarded as suspicious. Hoodie, naked, black, white, green...It doesn't matter. I don't know why people are so hung up on this.

I think I'll give up on this thread, as most of the argument has grown circular. The facts are pretty plain, the jury agreed, Zimmerman is a free man.

I feel horrible for the Martin family, and truly wish they wouldn't have lost their son, but throwing Zimmerman in jail would not fix that. Zimmerman acting in self defense doesn't warrant his being convicted. It's a horrible tragedy, but NOT an injustice.

• Like 3

Absolutely.

Anyone walking slowly and 'looking at houses', after dark, in the rain would have been regarded as suspicious. Hoodie, naked, black, white, green...It doesn't matter. I don't know why people are so hung up on this.

I think I'll give up on this thread, as most of the argument has grown circular. The facts are pretty plain, the jury agreed, Zimmerman is a free man.

I feel horrible for the Martin family, and truly wish they wouldn't have lost their son, but throwing Zimmerman in jail would not fix that. Zimmerman acting in self defense doesn't warrant his being convicted. It's a horrible tragedy, but NOT an injustice.

I agree. I'll try too. Let it divulge into a conspiracy thread/pity party for the sour grapes.

• Like 2

Federal and local authorities said plans to return Zimmerman's Kel Tec 9 pistol were put on hold after the Department of Justice announced a new investigation to determine whether Zimmerman violated 17-year-old Martin's civil rights.

More like the justice department's violating Zimmie's rights.

• Like 3

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/07/what-do-george-zimmerman-and-roderick-scott-have-in-common/

992940_513145595430866_2011910695_n.jpg

In 2009, a man was asleep on his couch when he heard noises outside. He grabbed his gun, told his girlfriend to call 911, then went outside. Once there, he confronted three youths who were attempting to break into a neighbor’s vehicle.

His desire was to merely detain the three. He specifically stated it was not his intent to shoot anyone. As he approached the three, he could see that the dome light of the vehicle was on and at least one person was inside rummaging around.

• Like 3

Update: Zimmerman is not getting that gun back since it is being held during the Department of Justice's continued investigation of Zimmerman.

No problem.

Gun Rights Group Collecting Donations To Buy Zimmerman New Gun

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2013/07/22/gun-rights-group-collecting-donations-to-buy-zimmerman-new-gun/

• Like 2

http://freedomoutpos...have-in-common/

992940_513145595430866_2011910695_n.jpg

In 2009, a man was asleep on his couch when he heard noises outside. He grabbed his gun, told his girlfriend to call 911, then went outside. Once there, he confronted three youths who were attempting to break into a neighbor’s vehicle.

His desire was to merely detain the three. He specifically stated it was not his intent to shoot anyone. As he approached the three, he could see that the dome light of the vehicle was on and at least one person was inside rummaging around.

Seriously? So we are back to race again?

Seriously? So we are back to race again?

The point of that is that this isn't a race specific situation and jury verdicts aren't based on race. I know you're 8,000 miles away but the issue of race has as much to do with this conversation as it doesn't? Confused? Maybe you are but I'd advise you to go back a year and start reading American media archives from the beginning of this case. Don't want to? Fine but if you're lost don't come asking more questions.

• Like 1

The point of that is that this isn't a race specific situation and jury verdicts aren't based on race. I know you're 8,000 miles away but the issue of race has as much to do with this conversation as it doesn't? Confused? Maybe you are but I'd advise you to go back a year and start reading American media archives from the beginning of this case. Don't want to? Fine but if you're lost don't come asking more questions.

It seems to me that the only people making it an issue of race are the black community and news stations such as CNN are guilty of fanning the racial flames.

• Like 5

It seems to me that the only people making it an issue of race are the black community and news stations such as CNN are guilty of fanning the racial flames.

It's not either community. It's the propagandistic media with their agenda and narrative. They exclude stories that don't promote them. They trumpet stories that do.

• Like 4

It's not either community. It's the propagandistic media with their agenda and narrative. They exclude stories that don't promote them. They trumpet stories that do.

And they'll just make it up if it isn't there.

• Like 4

Looking into windows? Is there a source for this claim?

There won't be one right? Because that is a lie being spread around.

OK, I was basing my information on another link that probably misread this part of Zimmerman's 911 call:

Zimmerman

Hey we've had some break-ins in my neighborhood, and there's a real suspicious guy, uh, it's Retreat View Circle, um, the best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle. This guy looks like he's up to no good, or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about.

The link to the transcript:

http://misterbillohno.newsvine.com/_news/2013/07/10/19392176-transcript-of-george-zimmerman-911-call

Sorry this is so slow in responding, I haven't been to this thread for awhile.

Looking into windows, looking about, the point is, Zimmerman obviously thought he was up to no good...and it seems the more facts become known about TM, the more GZ is vindicated. GZ had reported earlier people looking into windows, and the other link I used had probably confused that with TM, or gotten a little loose in their reporting. It's hard to know what sources you can trust and which you can't nowadays.

• Like 3

Yep. Zimmerman was found not guilty. The trials over, let's move on. All this "Zimmerman should be in jail" and "Zimmerman should die" and rehashing the whole trial is completely pointless, and serves no purpose. All this is doing is dividing people, and adding more fuel to the flames.... People who had nothing to do with the Zimmerman case are being beat up, and two guys who had a Free Zimmerman bumper sticker were shot and killed.... :no:

Sorry, I haven't been to this thread for awhile but I just want to re-hash a point made elsewhere: According to the bolded, it seems like the real racists are the ones who seem to hate Zimmerman and his supporters.

• Like 2

I was with Travyon, but then I heard that he had attacked Zimmerman first. My only source before that had been tumblr and their "RACIST!!!" posts. A few days ago I researched more and I have to say I changed "sides".

• Like 4