Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Zimmerman verdict

Clarakore

You're not thinking clearly, like so many Trayvon people. I was pretty clear that I laid out a possible scenario with unknown circumstances leading up to it because it could happen. The odds may be one in a billion but it could and I worded it like I did so that you couldn't say all the things you just said. You are blinded with tunnel vision and you aren't thinking clearly.

I'm pretty sure my clarity of thinking is just fine, but thanks for the concern. The one with their blinders on, or tunnel vision as i supposedly have, is you.

Why? Because I have the ability to listen to the real story and not the invented story of racism that George Zimmerman hunts black kids like Elmer Fudd hunts rabbits? It's ridiculous. Situations arise.

• Like 5

If you are putting me in this scenario, why would i feel the need to follow and approach someone who has done nothing wrong? And then call the police for no apparant reason other than been paranoid, then completely disregard their advice to not approach, but then do it anyway, try to be some type of hero, but end up a murdering a teenager who just went to the shop..?

As I recall, Zimmerman DIDN'T approach Martin. The facts are that Zimmerman followed Martin to observe his activities and his location, notified the police of the situation, lost him in the neighborhood, and MARTIN came back to Zimmerman and started the confrontation. Ugh, WHY do people keep forgetting that Martin could have easily and may actually have made it back to his father's house based on the prosecution's own witness but made the decision to backtrack and confront Zimmerman?? I am really quite over defending the verdict on social media. People will believe what they want, regardless of the facts.

• Like 4

Why? Because I have the ability to listen to the real story and not the invented story of racism that George Zimmerman hunts black kids like Elmer Fudd hunts rabbits? It's ridiculous. Situations arise.

He didn't even know Martin's race when he called the police. Unlike Martin who called Zimmerman a "crazy ass cracker". And Zimmerman is the racist?

• Like 3

Making jokes seems disrespectful.

On another note it seems Zimmerman was angry judging by the cuss words he used and other statements while on the phone with the non emergency dispatcher.

Someone who is angry with a gun could pose the risk of leading up to a volatile situation.

Trayvon did not seem angry from his demeanor in the convenience store's surveillance footage. Jeanteal did not testify to him being angry either.

No matter how it is looked at we have an angry man with a gun shoot an unarmed minor.

• Like 1

I don't know what it's like where you're from, but i don't need to justify to anyone why i'm walking down the street. How so many people justify what Zimmerman did completely blows my mind.

When did i bring up race? If people want to place this crime in that category, that's their prerogative, but i'm simply viewing it as some gun totting wannabe vigalante who could have easily avoided murdering a teenager by letting the police do their work. But now, a young man is dead and zimmerman will for years to come have to look over his shoulder every place he goes. Which at the very least he deserves.

Go ahead and tell me that when there is a series of brake ins in your neighborhood, and you have family, possibly kids, and see someone that you don't know walking with a hood up in the dark... Ya, you probably would want to check to protect your family, unless you are a coward. But instead of the kid explaining

Go ahead and tell me that when there is a series of brake ins in your neighborhood, and you have family, possibly kids, and see someone that you don't know walking with a hood up in the dark... Ya, you probably would want to check to protect your family, unless you are a coward. But instead of the kid explaining what he was doing, he at some point attacked the guy.

• Like 1

On another note it seems Zimmerman was angry judging by the cuss words he used and other statements while on the phone with the non emergency dispatcher.

Someone who is angry with a gun could pose the risk of leading up to a volatile situation.

Trayvon did not seem angry from his demeanor in the convenience store's surveillance footage. Jeanteal did not testify to him being angry either.

No matter how it is looked at we have an angry man with a gun shoot an unarmed minor.

When did i bring up race? If people want to place this crime in that category, that's their prerogative, but i'm simply viewing it as some gun totting wannabe vigalante who could have easily avoided murdering a teenager by letting the police do their work. But now, a young man is dead and zimmerman will for years to come have to look over his shoulder every place he goes. Which at the very least he deserves.

You guys. You don't find George's side of the story credible yet your so fine inventing one for Trayvon calling it legit and Monday morning quarterbacking all the wise and wonderful you'd handle situations in your neighborhood.

• Like 2

I live in a pretty s*** suburb, known for it's crime. We have been broken into, and i am prepared to face anyone who tries to enter my house, but i don't go stalking people because they wear a hoodie and end up provoking a potential, and in this case fatal incident that never needed to happen.

I really expected manslaughter. I think that would have been fair. I do think the kid started the fight BUT you dont kill him for it. Dummy should have never got out of the car to confront. He wasnt a cop. FYI. Im white.

• Like 1

Update: Zimmerman is getting his gun back and plans to carry it according to his lawyer.

Really? Couldn't he use another gun instead of one that already has blood on it?

He can carry all he wants again, his right, but why announce it so cavalierly that the same exact weapon will be used?

I'm not a gun owner, but I don't need a gun to support the rights of others. Why shouldn't he get his gun back? It's his. After a verdict of not guilty he has all the rights that he had before all this began. As for using another gun, guns are expensive and he does not appear to be rich. Perhaps it's been in the family for a while. As for having blood on it, isn't that just a wee bit melodramatic? Even if it was soiled while being used in his own defense I'm willing to bet it's been cleaned. As far as I can tell GZ hasn't announced anything. It's the media that is playing this out on a national stage. And just one more point, if I may. There is an enormous difference between a gun being carried and a weapon being used. He may carry it the rest of his life and never use it again. I'm sure he'd prefer not to.

• Like 4

I really expected manslaughter. I think that would have been fair. I do think the kid started the fight BUT you dont kill him for it. Dummy should have never got out of the car to confront. He wasnt a cop.

Absolutely right. A fight or a scuffle doesn't validate deadly self defense. Having your face pounded in to no end pretty much does.

FYI. Im white.

Thanks. We couldn't tell by your avatar.

• Like 2

I really expected manslaughter. I think that would have been fair. I do think the kid started the fight BUT you dont kill him for it. Dummy should have never got out of the car to confront. He wasnt a cop. FYI. Im white.

It's a shame people feel the need to proclaim their skin color to defend their opinion...like we aren't all individuals with different ideas.

• Like 2

Please give the exact cuss words from the transcript that Zimmerman used and any "angry" terms he used.

And why would Trayvon be angry at the convenience store? And the extremely coherent Ms. J said that Trayvon referred to Zimmerman as a "crazy ass cracker". Yep, that was said without bias. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

CNN has to be the Most guilty of this,they have been ramping up the Racial machine since the Verdict.They are the worst news station I have ever watched.

HLN is much worse. That's the home of Dr. Drew and Nancy Grace. Drew had a bona fide Black supremacist on his panel of talking heads. She was treated better than a guest who blogs under the name, "Conservative Black Chick". Of course, CBB was outnumbered. That was par for the course. She was repeatedly interrupted and slurred too. The NOI(?) grandmother called her an Oreo, but, at least, Drew acknowledged the slight.

• Like 2

Please give the exact cuss words from the transcript that Zimmerman used and any "angry" terms he used.

And why would Trayvon be angry at the convenience store? And the extremely coherent Ms. J said that Trayvon referred to Zimmerman as a "crazy ass cracker". Yep, that was said without bias. :rolleyes:

Lisa Bloom said that it was a playful term. :lol: She must have confused real life with a Chris Rock routine.

• Like 2

You guys. You don't find George's side of the story credible yet your so fine inventing one for Trayvon calling it legit and Monday morning quarterbacking all the wise and wonderful ways you'd handle situations in your neighborhood.

Late Edit: italicized word insert.

I'm not a gun owner, but I don't need a gun to support the rights of others. Why shouldn't he get his gun back? It's his. After a verdict of not guilty he has all the rights that he had before all this began. As for using another gun, guns are expensive and he does not appear to be rich. Perhaps it's been in the family for a while. As for having blood on it, isn't that just a wee bit melodramatic? Even if it was soiled while being used in his own defense I'm willing to bet it's been cleaned. As far as I can tell GZ hasn't announced anything. It's the media that is playing this out on a national stage. And just one more point, if I may. There is an enormous difference between a gun being carried and a weapon being used. He may carry it the rest of his life and never use it again. I'm sure he'd prefer not to.

His right to do so was never in dispute. There is still no reason to publicly announce it as his lawyer did and his lawyer likely would have not without his authorization. It shows disrespect for the current national sensitivity unless he meant to be divisive.

Now that his right to carry that weapon is agreed upon here we can explore the rest of the quoted post above which has nothing to do with lack of respect reveled in his announcement to carry the murder weapon.

It has blood on it in the metaphorical and not the literal sense.

Zimmerman is the son of a retired judge so not poor or struggling by any means. He also lied to the court and claimed he could not afford a lawyer which is why his bond was revoked last year.

Zimmerman has had his bond revoked and will have to return to custody by Sunday afternoon. According to prosecutors, Zimmerman had access to at least $135,000 from donations to his website — a more conservative figure than had been previously reported — and misled the court. Zimmerman's wife Shellie said she had no idea how much money had been raised shortly before her husband's bail was set at $150,000.

On Friday, prosecutor Bernie De la Rionda spoke about the Zimmerman family's deceit.

"This court was led to believe they didn't have a single penny. It was misleading and I don't know what words to use other than it was a blatant lie."

http://gawker.com/5915139/george-zimmerman-lied-about-finances-must-return-to-custody

His wife also committed perjury and lied to the court as well getting herself arrested. They figured this out because in his recorded telephone conversations with her they spoke in code to fool authorities.

George Zimmerman's wife was arrested Tuesday afternoon for allegedly lying at his bond hearing about the couple's finances.

Shellie N. Zimmerman, 25, faces a perjury charge, according to Jackie Barnard, spokeswoman for the State Attorney's office for the Fourth Judicial District of Florida. She met conditions for a $1,000 bond and was released Tuesday afternoon, according to the Seminole County Sheriff's Office.

At her husband's April 20 bond hearing, Shellie Zimmerman was asked whether the couple had financial means to assist in the defense.

"Uhm, not -- not that I'm aware of," she replied, according to a probable cause affidavit filed Monday.

She also testified under oath she was not aware of how much had been raised from a website soliciting cash for George Zimmerman's defense in the February shooting death of Trayvon Martin, 17, in Sanford, Florida. Zimmerman said he acted in self-defense.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/12/justice/florida-zimmerman-wife

So Zimmerman is worth lots now especially after the reportedly $2 million book deal he signed. Although that cannot be verified. Unrelated is that juror B37 who found him not guilty is going to cash in and make lots of money of her book deal. That is verified.

As far as the weapon being a family relic? Most concealed handgun licensees do not carry around family relics although would not be surprised if a few do. In either case the Kel Tec PF-9 that Zimmerman used to murder Trayvon was only first manufactured in 2006. Not a family relic.

Why do you keep bringing up George's dad's occupation? Martin and Zimmerman were living in the same gated community, which means they are in the same socio economic status...unless you have proof otherwise. Martin wasn't living in the ghetto, which would reinforce a point I made earlier about your black stereotype.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 2

Doj should just drop it and Obama should keep out of it also.

• Like 2

.. what if george would have stayed home that night?

As long as we're doing "what if's", what if Zimmerman had stayed home and Martin had burglarized a home? I mean, if he really was looking into windows, I doubt if he was just enjoying the scenery.

As long as we're doing "what if's", what if Zimmerman had stayed home and Martin had burglarized a home? I mean, if he really was looking into windows, I doubt if he was just enjoying the scenery.

Looking into windows? Is there a source for this claim?

There won't be one right? Because that is a lie being spread around.

Edited by The world needs you

Doj should just drop it and Obama should keep out of it also.

Odrama has an opinion on everything .... aint gonna happin

lol

"The world needs you" wrote (in part)

"Now that his right to carry that weapon is agreed upon here we can explore the rest of the quoted post above which has nothing to do with lack of respect reveled in his announcement to carry the murder weapon."

I stand corrected about the family's finances and particulars about the gun. I was shooting from the hip, so to speak.

• Like 1