Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Zimmerman verdict

Clarakore

Sad story. Not the first unjust verdict by a jury, and certainly not the last.

I bet the family will sue him for wrongful death, assuming he has any money at all.

• Like 2

If the jury decided it, then it is not unjust Ruth. Unless of course you don't believe in the rule of law ;)

• Like 1

Sad story. Not the first unjust verdict by a jury, and certainly not the last.

I bet the family will sue him for wrongful death, assuming he has any money at all.

In what way was it unjust,It was for the prosecution to present evidence to prove that Zimmerman was the aggressor.There was no evidence the Jury found him not Guilty unanimously.

Game over and move on.

Edited by shaddow134
  • Like 3

Shadow, Ruth obviously believes its guilty until proven innocent. :( for some sad, strange reason :(

• Like 1

That's because in general this case was NOT divided down racial lines. It was divided down political philosophy lines.

It's obvious to me that had Martin been killed with anything but a g-u-n, a lot of people wouldn't have given a rat's behind the case. (And Zimmerman wouldn't have had much of a defense fund.)

• Like 2

Shadow, Ruth obviously believes its guilty until proven innocent. :( for some sad, strange reason :(

I can't speak for others, but my opinion about a case certainly never changes because of a jury's verdict!

Not guilty, is not the same as innocent.

• Like 2

I can't speak for others, but my opinion about a case certainly never changes because of a jury's verdict!

Not guilty, is not the same as innocent.

In your world maybe,but in mine not guilty means Innocent of all charges.

• Like 1

It's obvious to me that had Martin been killed with anything but a g-u-n, a lot of people wouldn't have given a rat's behind the case. (And Zimmerman wouldn't have had much of a defense fund.)

Or a twenty six year old black man. Al sharpton wouldn't have said anything.

Not quilty..wow really.perhaps when the 911 operator said stand down george thought gun down..he pursued this youngman to the point of confrontation..please lets not give pistol waivers and scared folk a platform to kill from

• Like 3

Zimmerman was supposedly a registered Democrat before this. Think he will switch political orientation?

Possibly. A liberal is a conservative who hasn't been mugged yet. I really doubt this is important to Z right now. I hope this ruling has humbled you.

For some reason, in this case, conservatives REFUSE to grant Trayvon the same rights and privelages that they grant GZ. And, that is the right of self-defense.

Apparently, black youth are scary and don't qualify for equal protection under the law.

You're emotional. This was a fair trial and anyone who isn't looking to rile up racial tensions knew the outcome of this case a year ago.

Clear your mind of the racial fog and use your good sense, not your emotions. Do not engage or succumb to Sharpton/Jackson tactics. They aren't civil rights leaders. They're civil unrest instigators. It's shltty what happened but you'll do nothing to promote civility if you keep spitting lines like your last sentence. Unless George attacked Trayvon gun drawn and making threats, which didn't happen by any account, or George ran up and started fist fight him right away which didn't happen by any account... Those things didn't occur. You don't get to beat someone's face in ground and pound style just because they're following you. You don't get to do that just because you see a gun on someone's person. And you'd be insane to do that if some has a gun drawn on you. Was Trayvon insane? And you don't get to stand your ground just because someone is following you. Maybe if Trayvon wasn't taught to be so racist he could've walked away from the situation or just explained himself but he couldn't refrain from giving it to a creepy ass cracker and that's exactly what went down.

• Like 3

Maybe if Trayvon wasn't taught to be so racist he could've walked away from the situation or just explained himself but he couldn't refrain from giving it to a creepy ass cracker and that's exactly what went down.

Exactly. Instead of explaining to Zimmerman what he was doing there, he decided to try and prove he was "the big bad"..... Definitely a bad decision on his part....

• Like 4

If your Black and it doesn't go your way then it's Racism is it ?

• Like 4

I think Z as a block watch person was just getting out of car to get a address at the T , yes many people dont rembember their streets over, I don`nt, and like the defence said the people at that end had their lights off when Z was trying to give that location. The moment in the trial I understand is the four mins Trayon had time to get home and call the police if he felt he he was threaten, or even call the police on his phone, but instead chose to go up to the T and fight, punch Z and beat him up. Maybe the moral and tragedy of this lesson here is to teach kids not to be to quick to fight,as all trayon friends warned him about after he being expeled many times from school for fighting and putting himself in that dangerous situation. It is erey that his one friend said don`nt get one in the chest, almost like it was premention.

• Like 4

I think Z as a block watch person was just getting out of car to get a address at the T , yes many people dont rembember their streets over, I don`nt, and like the defence said the people at that end had their lights off when Z was trying to give that location. The moment in the trial I understand is the four mins Trayon had time to get home and call the police if he felt he he was threaten, or even call the police on his phone, but instead chose to go up to the T and fight, punch Z and beat him up. Maybe the moral and tragedy of this lesson here is to teach kids not to be to quick to fight,as all trayon friends warned him about after he being expeled many times from school for fighting and putting himself in that dangerous situation. It is erey that his one friend said don`nt get one in the chest, almost like it was premention.

Wow, I didn't know that. Maybe he should have listened to his friends.

• Like 1

This is what it sounds like when thugs tweet...

http://www.theblaze....guilty-verdict/

Yeah, the same ones that say that it's unfair to have any fear of a young black man are the same ones that cause the fear.

There is a whole culture fostering the 'thug life' then that same culture are surprised when some are treated that way.

This whole case was tragic, but the only reason it was a national case is because of the media trying to sell us a 'white' on black crime. As if that is the only injustice that is worthy of national attention.

• Like 4

I can't comment on this case, but I can say I don't like the American jury system -- a group of men and women start off relatively randomly chosen but get whittled down by the lawyers to the stupidest and least informed.

• Like 1

The NAACP is calling on the DoJ to bring charges against Zimmerman.

• Like 1

This whole case was tragic, but the only reason it was a national case is because of the media trying to sell us a 'white' on black crime. As if that is the only injustice that is worthy of national attention.

Not to mention it wasn't a white on black crime. Nobody seems to ever remember that.

I can't comment on this case, but I can say I don't like the American jury system -- a group of men and women start off relatively randomly chosen but get whittled down by the lawyers to the stupidest and least informed.

You're right. You shouldn't comment. They are supposed to be the least informed, concerning the case, so as to be as unbiased and unopinionated as possible so they can only make a decision based off of courtroom testimony and not media and social pressures. Our Jury selection procedure is a completely logical part of our justice system and both lawyers have say in who gets chosen.

• Like 3

Not to mention it wasn't a white on black crime. Nobody seems to ever remember that.

You're right. You shouldn't comment. They are supposed to be the least informed, concerning the case, so as to be as unbiased and unopinionated as possible so they can only make a decision based off of courtroom testimony and not media and social pressures. Our Jury selection procedure is a completely logical part of our justice system and both lawyers have say in who gets chosen.

Well it leads to some pretty stupid results every now and then. And what's wrong with being informed so long as you aren't biased? I would also lay money that at least a third of the cases that aren't slam-dunk are decided by the quality of the attorneys rather than by the evidence.

Well it leads to some pretty stupid results every now and then. And what's wrong with being informed so long as you aren't biased? I would also lay money that at least a third of the cases that aren't slam-dunk are decided by the quality of the attorneys rather than by the evidence.

Well because I could be highly informed and highly opinionated about a case and pretend like I have no opinion just to get on the jury. Being uninformed is the best way to ensure you get a fair trial based solely off of the evidence in court and not a trial based off of a love for the POTUS and an image that it is his son your in court for. That's how bias happens when you know about the case. Sure people could still lie to get on a jury but they're vetted pretty hard by the lawyers beforehand. And of course the quality of the attorney is key. What's the point of having one if they're not the best one you can afford?

• Like 1

I guess it don't do no good to be a hood in the States whether you are up to no good or not.

Well because I could be highly informed and highly opinionated about a case and pretend like I have no opinion just to get on the jury. Being uninformed is the best way to ensure you get a fair trial based solely off of the evidence in court and not a trial based off of a love for the POTUS and an image that it is his son your in court for. That's how bias happens when you know about the case. Sure people could still lie to get on a jury but they're vetted pretty hard by the lawyers beforehand. And of course the quality of the attorney is key. What's the point of having one if they're not the best one you can afford?

You are inventing justification for something that can't be justified. The jury system was an improvement over Medieval courts, but "Trial by Jury" as an American right has become one of those slogans Americans are taught from first grade as why their system is better, when in fact it isn't.