Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Still Waters

The governor of an Indonesian province has ordered his top staff to replace their female secretaries with men following a series of extra-marital affairs.

http://www.telegraph...ecretaries.html

From article.

Last year, the Gorontalo administration demanded 3,200 male civil servants to transfer their monthly pay to their wives' bank accounts in order to limit the number of affairs.

Sounds like a good idea to me.lol No mistress wants someones husband that is broke.

Edited by Hilander
  • Like 1

because of course it's solely the fault of those secretaries, the women, not that of their employers who may have taken advantage of their superior position to press the affair in the first place. it's never their responsibility.

• Like 2

because of course it's solely the fault of those secretaries, the women, not that of their employers who may have taken advantage of their superior position to press the affair in the first place. it's never their responsibility.

it takes two to do the leggy mambo PHS, or are you suggesting they were raped....?

women find power attractive.

even john prescott managed to have an affair, and he looks like a cushion stuffed with margarine!!

:-)

Edited by shrooma
  • Like 1

no

i'm saying that in spite of that fact that two people are involved in any affair, it's only the women who are being punished. the men may have initiated, they may not have, but they get to keep their jobs, the women get fired.

some people find power attractive, some don't. it sure as hell isn't just a women thing.

• Like 1

no

i'm saying that in spite of that fact that two people are involved in any affair, it's only the women who are being punished. the men may have initiated, they may not have, but they get to keep their jobs, the women get fired.

some people find power attractive, some don't. it sure as hell isn't just a women thing.

And some find it fearful, especially those who need the money in an arena where the opportunities for a woman to earn a living are already limited and biased toward men.

Not saying that is necessarily the case, but as you have pointed out the fact that the women are going to be the ones out of a job and therefore punished speaks volumes all on it's own.

• Like 2

Of course not, but if they want to take this route in stopping extra-marital affairs, then it's either sack the secretaries, or sack the bosses and replace them with female bosses. Bosses cost a lot more to fire, find, and hire than the secretaries, especially in male-dominated societies like Indonesia.

It's not about fault, but economics. It's an economically smarter road to sack the secretaries than sack the bosses.

Edited by Paranoid Android

even john prescott managed to have an affair, and he looks like a cushion stuffed with margarine!!

:-)

:lol: That's the truth

• Like 1

no

i was going to say what PA said, that it will always be the case of firing the minion, not the suit.

i know it's a s**t state of affairs (no pun intended), and i'm not defending it by any means, sexism's on a par with racism in my book, but it's how the (business) world works i'm afraid.

but if the shoe were on the other foot, and the sec's were male & the suits female, the men would carrying their little box's out towards the rickshaw park.....

:lol: That's the truth

when i first heard he had an affair, i assumed it was with david blunkett's blind dog-

until i realised it wasn't the dog that was blind.....

:-o

And some find it fearful, especially those who need the money in an arena where the opportunities for a woman to earn a living are already limited and biased toward men.

exactly.