Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Next Mars rover set to launch in 2020

Saru

NASA's next Mars rover is aiming to determine whether or not life ever existed on the Red Planet.

NASA’s next mission to Mars could potentially determine whether or not life once inhabited the Red Planet - or even currently still does.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Hopefully standard biohazard quarantine procedures will suffice should and Martian life be found and brought to Earth, even though such life might find Earth conditions hostile.

Just stop buggering about and send someone up there.

Yes because that will be cheap and easy won't it.

Oh wait a minute, it will be the most expensive scientific undertaking in human history, we don't know how to protect the crew against radiation yet. We don't know if the medical conditions (such as bone loss and eye sight problems) will be too serious to over come. Oh, and no government in the world is currently prepared (or able) to fund a project that will make going to the moon look like a trip to the seaside.

If you think that the research that NASA, Roscosmos and the other space agencies are doing to ensure that they don't kill the first crew they send on a mission to Mars is "buggering about" then I suspect that the astronauts and cosmonauts will be relieved that there is so much "buggering about".

• Like 1

Robots are fine for now. I agree with Waspie we are not ready for a manned trip. This will be a lot tricker than the moon.

For those whom may not know, the following song was part of a NASA/JPL animation(and some actual footage, not much) regarding a mission to Mars.

I think on YouTube it's entitled "30 seconds to Mars"

Thought I may share the full tune...

[media=]

Edited by pallidin