Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paranormal Flies?

amybelle88

Hi,

I wonder if you can help, I'm a little stumped.

My Grandfather died on the 6th July and since he died my house has had a bit of an influx of flies. I am a clean freak and my house is spotless so I am at a total loss as to why they are in here. As I type they are in some weird semi-hibernation state in my living room - 8 of them.

The other part of my tale is that last night I woke up at 3:43am after having a dream about my Grandfather, in which he told me something which related to our family at the minute. This dream was extremely lucid and in it I was in his house that he lived in the majority of his life with my Nana. In the dream I went into the back bedroom where, for some reason, my Nana was sleeping. I told her my Grandad had come back for a bit and to shout through. As she shouted we had a reply, but for some reason, and I'm not sure why, I knew that it was somebody throwing his voice. When I was talking to him, I wasn't frightened, instead I was peaceful, but when somebody was throwing his voice in my dream I instantly told my Nana to recite the Lord's Prayer. As we were reciting it some of the words weren't coming out and I was forcing myself awake. As I woke up it was like I was in a semi-consciousness until I literally forced myself awake and put the bedroom lamp on. I said the Lord's Prayer again as I felt really uneasy. My boyfriend often talks in his sleep and has night terrors, and to my surprise he sat up and said 'I've just been talking to your Grandad there'. It was very, very odd, especially since I hadn't woken him to tell him of my dream.

I'm not clinging onto the hope of him coming to see me, nor am I searching and I do understand that this is a very raw period in my life so things may be at the forefront of my mind, but this is just really strange and I'm not sure what to make of it.

Also, it may be worth adding that a few nights ago the electricity in the whole of my Mum's house went off, refrigerator, lights, literally everything, only to come back on again in 20 seconds.

I'm a very level headed person and whilst I believe in the paranormal, I am also relatively skeptical, too. I'd appreciate any insight into any of my story?

Thanks in advance,

Amy

That is weird that you would both dream about your grandfather. Had you been talking about him that evening. I think our loved ones can come visit us in our dreams but it could of just been a bad dream since it hasn't been very long.

Welcome to the forum.

I've read in the Bible that they are a Satanic presence but I don't 'feel' anything Satanic, just a little bit of unease.

I believe that loved ones can visit us but I believe that they convalesce for a while so I really do think it's too soon, it's just all very strange. Loads of my electrical equipment is breaking down and I've had a few other strange things, I'm just really at a loss with it all. I don't know if it's coincidental with the death of my Grandad or linked, all very odd!

Thanks for your welcomes I look forward to reading your posts :st

I've read in the Bible that they are a Satanic presence but I don't 'feel' anything Satanic, just a little bit of unease.

Where does it say in the Bible that flies are a Satanic presence? I think I know which passage you might be referring to, but it's a disputed translation and doesn't say anything about flies being indicative of the presence of Satan.

In fact, the most notable mention of flies in the Bible is as one of the plagues sent by God himself to punish Egypt for not letting the Israelites go free.

I'm just curious to know what part of the Bible you were reading that said flies were a Satanic presence.

• Like 1

Hello,

Sorry, I perhaps didn't word that well, I meant to say that I've read there are Biblical interpretations of this. I think the referral was to Psalm 105:31

Amy

To be honest, I wouldn't worry too much about the flies (in the sense that they might be something paranormal). Flies are horrible little things and no amount of good housekeeping can guarantee the absence of vermin. If there humans around, there's flies and things like mice or rats somewhere, no matter how fastidious you are.

It's entirely possible a small animal like a rat or mouse under the floorboards, in a crawlspace, etc. died and was the host for maggots that then became the flies that have been bothering you.

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 1