Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jacksonville shooting has no Zimmerman ties

Clarakore

There have been recent reports on conspiracy theory websites and social media claiming two brothers were targeted in Jacksonville, Florida outside of a Golden Corral simply because they had a "Free Zimmerman" bumper sticker on the vehicle they were occupying.

The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office have released the following statement regarding that drug related incident:

Normandy Boulevard Golden Corral Shooting Arrest Made

Avery Wood, 19 has been arrested for two counts of Felony Murder and two counts of Armed Robbery. The investigation revealed video surveillance at the restaurant showing the victim's vehicle driving up and meeting with the suspect vehicle and someone ultimately shooting both victims.

A witness came forward who provided investigators with information that the suspect, Avery Wood requested that the witness participate in a robbery of his acquaintances, victims Matthew and Andrew Bohannon for drugs. Other witnesses did come forward who advised that the defendant made statements that he and other suspects were going to rob the victims of their drugs.

On July 16, 2013 at 8:59 a.m. police located and interviewed the suspect. The defendant admitted to planning the robbery of the for drugs, sought out persons to assist with the robbery, and admitted that he was present during the robbery.

Police are currently working the case and more arrests are pending. Once again, this case has no correlation to the outcome of the George Zimmerman verdict. These victims knew the suspects, and met with the occupants of the vehicle to complete a drug transaction. There was not a "Free Zimmerman" sticker on the victim's vehicle.

https://www.facebook...eSheriffsOffice

Edited by The world needs you

Wait, something that wasn't true made it onto the internet?

It's like we have to think for ourselves or something! ;)

• Like 4

I think this bumper sticker was the cause of there death.the cops wanna tell the people it's not because a can of worms will open.

It's a shame these 2 died I hope there killer gets caught and goes to jail for a long time

I think this bumper sticker was the cause of there death.the cops wanna tell the people it's not because a can of worms will open.

It's a shame these 2 died I hope there killer gets caught and goes to jail for a long time

I completely see your logic... Wait, nope.

• Like 2

Somehow even a "Free Zimmerman" bumper sticker makes no sense in light of the fact that ZImmerman was not in jail right before or during the whole trial.

it makes perfect sence, Z was not free, but i'm not surpriced at all you can't phantom that simple detail.

as for the murder, it most likely is drug related and has nothing to do with Z being freed

Edited by aztek

Thanks for the reminder to not jump to conclusions. It would be nice if HLN and Infowars would remember this. Some crimes are connected to the Zimmerman case, though. One is too many.

• Like 1