Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

zimmerman's rights are our rights.

danielost

he could have meant teens for all I know.

That's most likely what he meant. There had been 9 robberies in the past year, in the community.

• Like 1

Let's get back to rights.

I really don't think they'll retry him. A lot of people were angry about the OJ verdict, but he wasn't retried. The only thing that might happen, is that Zimmerman will be sued by Martin's parents for wrongful death, but that's about it.

The DOJ is not going to try him, no matter how much the mainstream media wants to push it.

• Like 2

Zimmerman has been found not guilty and goes free,the post trial fiasco is typical let's play the race card because it didn't go our way tactics and quite frankly makes the black community appear more racially driven than what the Prosecution tried to make Zimmerman appear.

Due process has been served, and Zimmermans rights are Just as important as Trayvons.Move on PC America your making yourself look stupid.

• Like 2

Claiming that someone is racist, is not a racist statement. It's just an assumption.

I still don't understand why he went after the kid, saying 'they always get away'.

Like, who is 'they' and he wasn't even doing anything!

There had been a series of robberies in the neighborhood, hence the watch, and he was referring to the thives that had, until then, been "always getting away".

• Like 1

Any trial that results from the now resumed federal investigation will be based on new and credible evidence uncovered.

There is nothing questionable or underhanded in resuming the investigation.

The DOJ has even set up an e-mail address for new tips:

Great... So now angry people can email in that they saw the whole thing and GZ shot TM like a dog...

I wonder what credible evidence can be gained in such a manner. Doubtless even the "hot to prosecute" Federal DoJ is going to have to throw out 99% of those "tips".

• Like 6

Great... So now angry people can email in that they saw the whole thing and GZ shot TM like a dog...

I wonder what credible evidence can be gained in such a manner. Doubtless even the "hot to prosecute" Federal DoJ is going to have to throw out 99% of those "tips".

That is justice in the progressive's brave new world, guilt by popular demand.

• Like 4

The martin family might sue zimmerman for money. What money, him and his wife have been living off of donatins for the last year.

• Like 1

The martin family might sue zimmerman for money. What money, him and his wife have been living off of donatins for the last year.

They can bring a civil suit but the law won't be on their side. Te real case is going against NBC for what they did to Zimmerman. I'd sue that network for half a billion for what they caused to happen to the entire Zimmerman family. NBC doesn't have a leg to stand on so they'll settle for millions and millions just to get it off of Drudge. I'd then go after the countless others like Sharpton and Chris Matthews etc, for making a story up and slandering the man's name. Hey, he has a 16 month FBI investigation saying he isn't racist. I'd crush MSNBC with lawsuits.

• Like 3

They can bring a civil suit but the law won't be on their side. Te real case is going against NBC for what they did to Zimmerman. I'd sue that network for half a billion for what they caused to happen to the entire Zimmerman family. NBC doesn't have a leg to stand on so they'll settle for millions and millions just to get it off of Drudge. I'd then go after the countless others like Sharpton and Chris Matthews etc, for making a story up and slandering the man's name. Hey, he has a 16 month FBI investigation saying he isn't racist. I'd crush MSNBC with lawsuits.

He'd win. :)

• Like 2

He'd win. :)

His lawyers have already started. Once the verdict was in they started with the lawsuit against NBC.

Sounds frivolous to me. Unless other exonerated defendants who got ridiculous media coverage from NBC in a criminal trial is also supposed to be win-worthy in such a lawsuit. The entire Duke Lacrosse team is worth millions. Casey Anthony is a budding billionaire. Gary Condit's vast fortune would rival Warren Buffett's for the sleaze Fox News Channel put out on him.

• Like 1

Holder wants to remove all of the self defense laws. He got a thunders apollize from naacp crowd.

• Like 1

Sounds frivolous to me. Unless other exonerated defendants who got ridiculous media coverage from NBC in a criminal trial is also supposed to be win-worthy in such a lawsuit. The entire Duke Lacrosse team is worth millions. Casey Anthony is a budding billionaire. Gary Condit's vast fortune would rival Warren Buffett's for the sleaze Fox News Channel put out on him.

Your point is well taken. The Duke lacrosse team doesn't belong on your list, though.

I really don't think they'll retry him. A lot of people were angry about the OJ verdict, but he wasn't retried. The only thing that might happen, is that Zimmerman will be sued by Martin's parents for wrongful death, but that's about it.

The DOJ is not going to try him, no matter how much the mainstream media wants to push it.

I hope that you're right. Nothing would surprise me, though. I bet some group is trawling through GZ's stored emails and texts as I type this. Surely, someone at AT&T supports the witch hunt.

• Like 2

Holder wants to remove all of the self defense laws. He got a thunders apollize from naacp crowd.

They have forgotten their roots and the Jim Crow laws which they are now wishing to use against Zimmerman. "We don't need no proof." was pretty much the words used before every lynching but most of the thugs in the NAACP today have no idea what got them there. Tyranny always turns on itself and the NAACP ceased being the NAACP a loooong time ago.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3

They have forgotten their roots and the Jim Crow laws which they are now wishing to use against Zimmerman. "We don't need no proof." was pretty much the words used before every lynching but most of the thugs in the NAACP today have no idea what got them there. Tyranny always turns on itself and the NAACP ceased being the NAACP a loooong time ago.

The Ku Klux Klan endorsed strict gun control in Black communities. There was a time when Black World War I veterans used their Constitutional rights to stop White mobs from destroying their neighborhoods just like Korean citizens did when they prevented Black rioters from pillaging their businesses.

• Like 1

The Ku Klux Klan endorsed strict gun control in Black communities. There was a time when Black World War I veterans used their Constitutional rights to stop White mobs from destroying their neighborhoods just like Korean citizens did when they prevented Black rioters from pillaging their businesses.

Not sure of your point.

Your point is well taken. The Duke lacrosse team doesn't belong on your list, though.

Three players were charged with a violent felony crime, dragged through the mud for over a year in the media, identified by name first and last. Why wouldn't they deserve a similar suit? Arguably not the entire team, but the entire team was disgraced in every headline because the sports team was always the association made by the media to the alleged crime. Even worse, they were Nancy Disgraced.

• Like 1

Being that I'm not American, can you tell me the details of some of these cases, in particular how did the media network/s doctor material in order to intentionally misrepresent a person or persons? And if the doctoring was proven, how many people were fired/disciplined over the events such as the three people fired for doctoring the police call Zimmerman made?

Not sure of your point.

It's an endorsement of gun rights. Citizens protected their businesses or neighborhoods from mobs of rampaging criminals. Race was irrelevant. In other words, bad guys prefer their victims to be unarmed. Hitler and Stalin loved gun control. Power-hungry leaders love it. I'm referring to disarming citizens, by the way. I hope that made some semblance of sense.

• Like 3

Three players were charged with a violent felony crime, dragged through the mud for over a year in the media, identified by name first and last. Why wouldn't they deserve a similar suit? Arguably not the entire team, but the entire team was disgraced in every headline because the sports team was always the association made by the media to the alleged crime. Even worse, they were Nancy Disgraced.

I agree with you. I consider Anthony to be a murderess, though. Your main point is valid, but I wouldn't put the athletes and CA in the same moral category. I realize that isn't your main point.

I think the whole issue of this case was an "unarmed" teenager being shot.

Regardless of who started the situation, who was the one who got punched in the face, sat on and his head repeatedly

slammed into the concrete?

Who of those two would be the most likely one to "cry for help"?

Based on the the AG's OWN comments : “There has always been a legal defense for using deadly force if — and the ‘if’ is important — no safe retreat is available,”

Holder told the NAACP.

With someone sitting on you banging your head in the concrete, is that a safe retreat or is deadly force justifiable?

• Like 1

Being that I'm not American, can you tell me the details of some of these cases, in particular how did the media network/s doctor material in order to intentionally misrepresent a person or persons? And if the doctoring was proven, how many people were fired/disciplined over the events such as the three people fired for doctoring the police call Zimmerman made?

In a word, slander. In all of those cases the media vilified them as guilty before they were eventually exonerated. Casey Anthony was the she-devil incarnate until she was acquitted of all charges. Back in the infancy of Fox News Channel, the most important news story in the world was framing Democrat Gary Condit as the murderer of Chandra Levy. Just like the Jodi Arias trial was wall-to-wall coverage on HLN this year, as Casey Anthony two years ago, Gary Condit was wall-to-wall on Fox News.

http://www.skepdic.com/skeptimedia/skeptimedia41.html

Condit sued three tabloid newspapers, his wife sued 'National Enquirer' and additionally Condit sued Dominick Dunne for an undisclosed amount.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2005/02/15/why-is-gary-condit-suing-dominick-dunne/

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2005/03/14/condit-settles-lawsuit-against-writer-dunne/

Disciplining employees wouldn't be relevant to the nature of this kind of behavior since the outlets are generally responsible for their own content. If there was one op-ed that was deliberately misleading, that's one thing. A publisher can simply remove the article and publish an apology. But with this kind of behavior like in the Condit case that would never go away, the discipline would have to reach the highest levels in the organization, and they're too protected by too much bureaucracy and too many fall guys in our legal system of "at-will" employment.

All that said, with the Zimmerman case of sabotaging material and NBC, I don't think there's any chance of suing NBC for the actions of a few of its employees that it promptly disassociated itself from.

Our political systems are weak, they became weak and pathetic the day a man has to justify saving his own life, or in other cases justify trying to protect his family...with criminals freely gaining access to illegal weaponry and with malicious mindsets the laws of this world should be hard fastened towards protecting and empowering the rest of us who are just trying to live decent lives...but instead we see the opposite happening...disarm and disempower the innocent average joe while the criminals are armed to the teeth and with malicious intent....

And another point not to forget, a man can kill with his bare hands, so the fact of him having a weapon or not should be irrelevant, if that man acts in a manner to injure or kill another, even with no weapon, he conciously made that decision himself and should bare the consequences of his action, and not the innocent man for defending himself as any man would do...the right to defend youself must outweigh the right to be let off the hook of crimes...

Where I live, I can wake up in the middle of the night to find for example 3 burglars in my house, I have a family to protect(that's my right), the burglars definately didn't come for a cup of tea, and where I live they come to mame, rape, and kill, yet, i may not act, I may not lift a gun and shoot them, for I will be trialed for murder...the law that disempowers the innocent...its a terrible and sad state to live under...thousands of us experience this first hand after the fact, when your young child lay mutilated and raped, your wife the same, and you left lying there forced to watch....

I think when it comes to human rights the world is backwards, innocent, well behaved citizens have earned their rights, yet they get taken away...criminals shud have none, they made that decision themselves when commiting their horrendous crimes, they excluded themselves from the system....

But that's just my 5 cents worth....

• Like 4